Jump to content

Will Smith: I fell in love with the Bhagavad Gita


jiggubhai

Recommended Posts

55 minutes ago, dasari4kntr said:

i am not following the entire thread context...

just responding to your underlined text...

5StxIYe.jpg

Okay, here are two phrases in Sanskrit with their real translations.

1. https://www.holy-bhagavad-gita.org/chapter/3/verse/35

2. https://www.holy-bhagavad-gita.org/chapter/4/verse/13

Okay, so #1 says do your duty, don't copy others.

#2 says your profession depends on your character. It never says your profession depends on your birth. So, where is caste system here?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

that you think this is some gotcha, says a lot about the era you live in.

modern societies don't care for bs like varna, duh!

Orey uttermost gaa modern society lo kooda varna system vundhi ra , it’s just that they don’t call it with that name !

Every country/ society  has army, police or security forces who job is to protect ppl or land (kshatriyas)

Every society has ppl who do business or family business generations after generations (Vyasyas)

Every society has ppl who dedicate themselves to religious activities like priests, father , mullahs etc,. (Brahmins)

Every society has ppl who indulge in cleaning activities like cleaning roads, cleaning different places etc,. (Sudras)

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

I remember this from Swarna Kamalam song shiva poojaku chigurinchina....

I'm totally pissed off with people bringing up one particular interpretation and arguing as if its the only one. language can be interpreted in a million ways. I just want the secular non controversial interpretation to get mileage, not the incendiary one.

these are peace times. there are other battles to fight. religion is mostly tamed. everywhere. even in India. Best to let people enjoy their respective religions without bombarding them with crap.

The problem is not interpretation, the problem is translation. In Sanskrit, there is no debate in what it can interpret. However, translation to Telugu is the problem. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Jambhalheart said:

Orey uttermost gaa modern society lo kooda varna system vundhi ra , it’s just that they don’t call it with that name !

Every country/ society  has army, police or security forces who job is to protect ppl or land (kshatriyas)

Every society has ppl who do business or family business generations after generations (Vyasyas)

Every society has ppl who dedicate themselves to religious activities like priests, father , mullahs etc,. (Brahmins)

Every society has ppl who indulge in cleaning activities like cleaning roads, cleaning different places etc,. (Sudras)

 

Rey em matladutunnav, varnam means profession or occupation. What that sentence is saying truly in Sanskrit is, I created four occupations based on your personality traits. It never said occupation is based on birth. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Jambhalheart said:

Orey uttermost gaa modern society lo kooda varna system vundhi ra , it’s just that they don’t call it with that name !

Every country/ society  has army, police or security forces who job is to protect ppl or land (kshatriyas)

Every society has ppl who do business or family business generations after generations (Vyasyas)

Every society has ppl who dedicate themselves to religious activities like priests, father , mullahs etc,. (Brahmins)

Every society has ppl who indulge in cleaning activities like cleaning roads, cleaning different places etc,. (Sudras)

 

lol. nee brain akkadey aagipoyindi em cheddam.

society lo varna system ledhu bochhu ledhu. these are competing systems, not complementary ones that are described as varna systems. army police etc not only protect, but also terrorize other orders.

businessmen not only trade, but also leech off the system.

modern ideal is creation of a fair market system, not these varna systems.. idiot. keep living in your bs world.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Pulkapresident said:

Rey em matladutunnav, varnam means profession or occupation. What that sentence is saying truly in Sanskrit is, I created four occupation traits based on your personality traits. It never said occupation is based on birth. 

paina nenu cheppindhi kooda adhey kadhaa ra , read my previous posts in this thread 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Jambhalheart said:

paina nenu cheppindhi kooda adhey kadhaa ra , read my previous posts in this thread 

 

pilli cheppindaaniki, nuvvu cheppindaaniki theda undhi ra. you are comparing modern systems with varna, like a fcuking toadie.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Raven_Rayes said:

lol. nee brain akkadey aagipoyindi em cheddam.

society lo varna system ledhu bochhu ledhu. these are competing systems, not complementary ones that are described as varna systems. army police etc not only protect, but also terrorize other orders.

businessmen not only trade, but also leech off the system.

modern ideal is creation of a fair market system, not these varna systems.. idiot. keep living in your bs world.

adhey chepthunna raa uttermost gaa , camel cola thagey nee brain akkadi tho aagipoyindhi 

EE079-F29-128-F-4622-88-D3-47-BC62-F53-C
 

there is world beyond camel cola

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Jambhalheart said:

paina nenu cheppindhi kooda adhey kadhaa ra , read my previous posts in this thread 

 

Ne bonda, did he ever say what those four occupations were anywhere in Bhagavat Geeta? Adanta ne interpretation tho rasavu. No where in Geeta does it say that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Jambhalheart said:

Orey uttermost gaa modern society lo kooda varna system vundhi ra , it’s just that they don’t call it with that name !

Every country/ society  has army, police or security forces who job is to protect ppl or land (kshatriyas)

Every society has ppl who do business or family business generations after generations (Vyasyas)

Every society has ppl who dedicate themselves to religious activities like priests, father , mullahs etc,. (Brahmins)

Every society has ppl who indulge in cleaning activities like cleaning roads, cleaning different places etc,. (Sudras)

 

Idanta fake news. My grand parents and their forefathers were all farmers, they never worked in a temple. I am sure you will find people in Sudras, Kshatriyas, and Vysyas even back in the day who were farmers. Even generations ago, I don't think people stuck to this profession. Logically, anni temples, or anni kingdoms kuda levu. Besides, there is no reference to this classification in Geeta. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Pulkapresident said:

Ne bonda, did he ever say what those four occupations were anywhere in Bhagavat Geeta? Adanta ne interpretation tho rasavu. No where in Geeta does it say that. 

read chapter 18 verse 41

brāhmaṇa kṣatriya viśāṃ śūdrāṇāṃ ca paraṅtapa |

karmāṇi pravibhaktāni svabhāva prabhavair guṇaiḥ || 41 ||

18:41. The duties of the Brāhmaṇas, Kṣatriyas; Vaishyas and the Śūdras O Arjuna, are distinctly divided according to their inherent dispositions.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Pulkapresident said:

Idanta fake news. My grand parents and their forefathers were all farmers, they never worked in a temple. I am sure you will find people in Sudras, Kshatriyas, and Vysyas even back in the day who were farmers. Even generations ago, I don't think people stuck to this profession. Logically, anni temples, or anni kingdoms kuda levu. Besides, there is no reference to this classification in Geeta. 

Reddys antey 'rettadi medha nyayam cheppey vaadu' antaaru

 

 

kaapus antey 'kaapu kaseey vaadu kaapu'

Hindu society always had cassette based occupations

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Jambhalheart said:

read chapter 18 verse 41

brāhmaṇa kṣatriya viśāṃ śūdrāṇāṃ ca paraṅtapa |

karmāṇi pravibhaktāni svabhāva prabhavair guṇaiḥ || 41 ||

18:41. The duties of the Brāhmaṇas, Kṣatriyas; Vaishyas and the Śūdras O Arjuna, are distinctly divided according to their inherent dispositions.

https://www.holy-bhagavad-gita.org/chapter/18/verse/41

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Jambhalheart said:

Reddys antey 'rettadi medha nyayam cheppey vaadu' antaaru

 

 

kaapus antey 'kaapu kaseey vaadu kaapu'

Hindu society always had cassette based occupations

Mari Reddylu ela vacharu? Kshatriyas Ani anochu ga? Why specifically Reddys? There is no reference to Reddys in Bhagavat Geeta.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Pulkapresident said:

Mari Reddylu ela vacharu? Kshatriyas Ani anochu ga? Why specifically Reddys? There is no reference to Reddys in Bhagavat Geeta.

Yes adhey chepthunna paaina posts lo , bhagavad gita talks about varna system which is existing in every society and it divided into professions .

Hindu society has evolved into cassette based occupations which has nothing to do with varna system 

Now go  www.youtube.com and search 'Garikapati about caste based occupation' and u'll get many videos and watch all of them to get clarity 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.