Jump to content

Will Smith: I fell in love with the Bhagavad Gita


jiggubhai

Recommended Posts

Just now, jays02 said:

Please don't depend on someone interpretation. 3 gunas different, karma - quality nature of work is different.

 

1 hour ago, dasari4kntr said:

 

i am not denying the greatness and philosophical values of geeta, i too agree with it...but i am not agreeing that varnas are not mentioned in geeta...

during those old days...classification of people is part of political philosophy...(just read plato republic..etc)

ee 42 pages...editho vundo...adi nenu poorthigaa nammutanu...

mee questions ki nenu ichhe reply ee 42 pages...please read if you have time...

 

writer of this book is famous writer, journalist and brahmin…

written in 1997…

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Telugodura456 said:

Gita is explicitly casteist. I remember two distinct and notorious stanza :

a) if women marry across castes then society gets polluted

b) Brahmins coming from head, sudras from feet etc. And Krishna saying I personally created these.

Neither of these are in Geeta. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Telugodura456 said:

Gita is explicitly casteist. I remember two distinct and notorious stanza :

a) if women marry across castes then society gets polluted

b) Brahmins coming from head, sudras from feet etc. And Krishna saying I personally created these.

If I say, voters are like feet, mps (MLA at state level) are like thighs, ministers are like shoulders, PM (or CM state level) is like head. Just as an example.

Do you blame for this comparison? lol.

PM, Minister, MPs are also voters by default. correct? Am I discriminating them? Just saying based on their work.

Every company has workers, manager, owner/ CEO. Is it a discrimination based on work? If yes, no company will work, they have to close.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, jays02 said:

If I say, voters are like feet, mps (MLA at state level) are like thighs, ministers are like shoulders, PM (or CM state level) is like head. Just as an example.

Do you blame for this comparison? lol.

PM, Minister, MPs are also voters by default. correct? Am I discriminating them? Just saying based on their work.

Every company has workers, manager, owner/ CEO. Is it a discrimination based on work? If yes, no company will work, they have to close.

Even we are making allegations on CM/ PM. So the allegation is related to an individual, not to the post/ position or category. correct? 

The segregation or category is by based on quality of work, not to degrade anyone. Every one is a voter, in our comparison feet by default. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Raven_Rayes said:

Is a different interpretation possible of that stanza?

do you want Hinduism to move past the baggage of caste? then its only possible by reinterpreting these stanzas to give it a modern and more palatable meaning.

or do you want Hinduism destroyed? This is will create a lot of reactionary blowback.

sometimes I feel atheists live in their own constructed world, where reason trumps faith. unfortunately reality is different. people respond to incentives, and its the responsbility of everyone to not stir up too much bs, in the name of rationality, without anything to replace the one that they are attacking.

Use language to inflict change. not to make tired points that were made 100yrs ago.

 

what about asmani kitab (Book from the Sky) that came down 1400 yrs ago, does the same rules apply for the Q book too??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, jays02 said:

Even we are making allegations on CM/ PM. So the allegation is related to an individual, not to the post/ position or category. correct? 

The segregation or category is by based on quality of work, not to degrade anyone. Every one is a voter, in our comparison feet by default. 

Everyone by birth is Shudra, no doubt on that.

Everyone one by birth is voter only, correct? But we ourselves are electing only few leaders again and again to run on us. They are also thinking, only our sons are leaders, no one else should not have that opportunity.

Govt and democracy never said that, power belongs to only few people. So nothing wrong in democracy to blame.

But we are turning that as much as bad based on our own opportunities and making that process more complex and related to only few having power, so that we all will get destroyed by that few.

That power or change is initiated by us, the public, the voter. so blame people, not democracy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, jays02 said:

It doesn't matter, it is his own interpretation.

వేదాలైన , ఉపనిషత్తులైన , భగవద్గీత అయినా …. శ్లోకాల్లో అల్పాక్షరాలు ఉంటాయి …

చదివేవాళ్ళని బట్టి ఉంటుంది...ఎవరు ఎలా అర్ధం చేసుకున్నారో… 

కొందరికి కర్మయోగం కనిపిస్తే ,... కొందరికి భక్తి యోగం కనిపిస్తుంది…ఇంకొందరికి అప్పటి సమాజం కనిపిస్తుంది …

 

everyone takes someone interpretation...what i know or you know is someone interpretations...

if you really find your own meaning...then you are like shankarachrya, ramanujun..etc can write your own బ్రహ్మసూత్ర భాష్యం …

see others posting website links...and garikipati pravachanalu...vallaki adi nijam ayyinappudu...naaku idi nijam...

but anyway...what i posted (42 pages) is not against to geeta...infact..if you read it...you will get more respect on geeta...

idi manchi idi chedu ani simple gaa cheppedi kaadu geeta philosophy...(or any philosophy..)

it needs lot of reading...first...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Raven_Rayes said:

Is a different interpretation possible of that stanza?

do you want Hinduism to move past the baggage of caste? then its only possible by reinterpreting these stanzas to give it a modern and more palatable meaning.

or do you want Hinduism destroyed? This is will create a lot of reactionary blowback.

sometimes I feel atheists live in their own constructed world, where reason trumps faith. unfortunately reality is different. people respond to incentives, and its the responsbility of everyone to not stir up too much bs, in the name of rationality, without anything to replace the one that they are attacking.

Use language to inflict change. not to make tired points that were made 100yrs ago.

 

So you want to "save" hinduism and help it remove the baggage of past. it is absolutely clear how people live in the world is not as important to you as saving the image of hinduism or nyaya blah blah or whatever.

And you think you are especially slick in navigating the "reality is different" world and say manipulative things based on time and audience to "save" hinduism.

I dont know why you think you are so different from @veerigadu . He hates kostha people and you do as well . atleawst his hate has meaning - he wants power to his caste. Yours is ideological hate - the most toxic kind. There is no objective to your hate other than destroy what you hate.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, dasari4kntr said:

వేదాలైన , ఉపనిషత్తులైన , భగవద్గీత అయినా …. శ్లోకాల్లో అల్పాక్షరాలు ఉంటాయి …

చదివేవాళ్ళని బట్టి ఉంటుంది...ఎవరు ఎలా అర్ధం చేసుకున్నారో… 

కొందరికి కర్మయోగం కనిపిస్తే ,... కొందరికి భక్తి యోగం కనిపిస్తుంది…ఇంకొందరికి అప్పటి సమాజం కనిపిస్తుంది …

 

everyone takes someone interpretation...what i know or you know is someone interpretations...

if you really find your own meaning...then you are like shankarachrya, ramanujun..etc can write your own బ్రహ్మసూత్ర భాష్యం …

see others posting website links...and garikipati pravachanalu...vallaki adi nijam ayyinappudu...naaku idi nijam...

but anyway...what i posted (42 pages) is not against to geeta...infact..if you read it...you will get more respect on geeta...

idi manchi idi chedu ani simple gaa cheppedi kaadu geeta philosophy...(or any philosophy..)

it needs lot of reading...first...

no idea why you are reading religious texts, and their interpretations when you don't care for religion.

don't see any point in debating about religion in 21st century.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, dasari4kntr said:

వేదాలైన , ఉపనిషత్తులైన , భగవద్గీత అయినా …. శ్లోకాల్లో అల్పాక్షరాలు ఉంటాయి …

చదివేవాళ్ళని బట్టి ఉంటుంది...ఎవరు ఎలా అర్ధం చేసుకున్నారో… 

కొందరికి కర్మయోగం కనిపిస్తే ,... కొందరికి భక్తి యోగం కనిపిస్తుంది…ఇంకొందరికి అప్పటి సమాజం కనిపిస్తుంది …

 

everyone takes someone interpretation...what i know or you know is someone interpretations...

if you really find your own meaning...then you are like shankarachrya, ramanujun..etc can write your own బ్రహ్మసూత్ర భాష్యం …

see others posting website links...and garikipati pravachanalu...vallaki adi nijam ayyinappudu...naaku idi nijam...

but anyway...what i posted (42 pages) is not against to geeta...infact..if you read it...you will get more respect on geeta...

idi manchi idi chedu ani simple gaa cheppedi kaadu geeta philosophy...(or any philosophy..)

it needs lot of reading...first...

We don't have that much knowledge or not scholars to debate on Geeta or any Hindu great books. we are too deep in to that, we should not visit this DB, lol. 

Only Hindu philosophy has woman as goddess. Nava graham concept from the beginning. No one else has that concept. If we understand these 2, no need to argue with anyone. They won't agree the truth, leave them in their own imaginations. lol.

if we are matured, enjoy (y)ourself in meditation, no need to look or worry for world illusion or this website few meaningless discussions. lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Pulkapresident said:

Neither of these are in Geeta. 

1)“adharmabhibhavat kṛiṣhṇa praduṣhyanti kula-striyaḥ striṣhu duṣhṭasu varṣhṇeya jayate varṇa-sankaraḥ”
“sankarah narakaya eva kula ghnanam
kulasya ca patanti pitarah hi esam lupta pinda udaka kriyah”

The word sankara jati used as abuse there came direclty from here.

If a women marries outsider her caste they go to hell.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Telugodura456 said:

So you want to "save" hinduism and help it remove the baggage of past. it is absolutely clear how people live in the world is not as important to you as saving the image of hinduism or nyaya blah blah or whatever.

And you think you are especially slick in navigating the "reality is different" world and say manipulative things based on time and audience to "save" hinduism.

I dont know why you think you are so different from @veerigadu . He hates kostha people and you do as well . atleawst his hate has meaning - he wants power to his caste. Yours is ideological hate - the most toxic kind. There is no objective to your hate other than destroy what you hate.

I don't want to save HInduism. I consider the entire thread bs and pointless. If you can bring in casteism to define Bhagavad Gita, the same game can be played against Koran too. cherrypicking its worst parts to define the religion. I find the entire conversation tedious and unnecessary.

that I hate kostha is some bs that you keep claiming. you claim that because you are absolutely clueless about how to respond to me, without imputing false statements to me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Raven_Rayes said:

no idea why you are reading religious texts, and their interpretations when you don't care for religion.

don't see any point in debating about religion in 21st century.

first of all..i am not debating...

second...i dont want to be in my thought bubble...

as i mentioned in different post...entire thinking is splitted into idealism and materialism...so exploring both sides...

finally...no favoritism to any ism except explore-ism...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.