Facebook(ade le Meta) lo director of engineering salary

tennisluvrredux

5 minutes ago, DummyVariable said:

Why would companies throw lots of money at someone useless? :S

I am sure the only reason YouTube and Instagram pays their celebrities is because they are talented. 

9 minutes ago, Pulkapresident said:

I am sure the only reason YouTube and Instagram pays their celebrities is because they are talented. 

Yes, they are talented. :S

Not everyone can do what they do. :S

1 hour ago, Pulkapresident said:

what's 'Talent'? its a meaningless buzz word. The question is if you are a 'right fit' or not. Lots of people have skills, and can develop them if they don't.

people are paid commensurate to their contribution (and their bargaining power) to keep a system running (efficiently/inefficiently depending on how the system is allowed to run).

Its often a function of being at the right place at the right time. May be that's why most people believe in god. because without luck, all are fcuked. There are no special talented workers. And if there are, they are dumber than the entrepreneurs who pay them for their special skills which they can monetize better without being restricted to confines of a 'company'.

Unique skills are only useful on the peripheries, but never as part of a system. Only pioneers that walk new paths can lay claim to have unique skills. In fact most people who chose to be part of a system will become dumb outside their little cliques.

MBAs try hard to straddle all worlds with authetic takes on everything, but they mostly make fools of themselves, and attract similar high net worth fools into their congregation, build wealth, and then lose it all within a crash or if they are lucky enough, keep it.

34 minutes ago, DummyVariable said:

Yes, they are talented. :S

Not everyone can do what they do. :S

pretty much there's a long list of people who can do what they do, duh!

48 minutes ago, Pulkapresident said:

Its a pyramid scheme.

people who hate Amway assholes, love capitalism because they are dumb enough to think that they are being paid their worth, and are not the products themselves.

2 minutes ago, tennisluvrredux said:

Em cheyyali vayya D kavalante akkada

He is speaking about a marketing director at FB bro. FB got their Ad revenue strategy right so the compensation makes sense. 

1 hour ago, DummyVariable said:

He is speaking about a marketing director at FB bro. FB got their Ad revenue strategy right so the compensation makes sense. 

Okay my acquaintance is also in the ads dept