Moderna CEO says vaccine won't have same effect on Omicron

areyentiraidhi

13 minutes ago, Pulkapresident said:

9 notifications aa? What the heck. Yes, I will take any vaccine approved by the CDC. Central dogma of biochemistry telikunda @reality thinks RNA will compromise. Ok. Migilina vallu anta em matladunnaru? Be glad people didn't die like they did in 1920 because of Spanish flu. Be grateful for science, because you would have all been dead if not for the shot you got in your arm. If you all are so knowledgeable, you should read Ugur Sahin's paper and understand how Pfizer vaccine was made and why it is working. The response you're getting is not just coming from the antigens of the viral load, there is an innate immune response generated because of the lipid particle which contains the mRNA. The antibody response (interferons and interleukins) need not be specific to the antigen, it is good to have them if you're on verge of getting an infection. All put aside, the Government spends our tax dollars on a crap load of useless things including paying my husband for doing nothing. So, no. I don't think the Government is wasting money in giving you all a shot. 

same question malli , emi matladuthunav?

nuvvu first adigina question ki ippudu ichinaaa explanation ki emina sambandam undhaa .... no one questioned about science behind it , we questioned about financials behind it ...... 

1 hour ago, Pulkapresident said:

You don't have pay for the shot, why are you even complaining. 

3 minutes ago, sri_india said:

nuvvu first adigina question ki ippudu ichinaaa explanation ki emina sambandam undhaa .... no one questioned about science behind it , we questioned about financials behind it ...... 

Good point bro .. 

2 minutes ago, sri_india said:

Read the comments first, some questioned the science, some questioned the financials. I still standby my statement. "You" are not paying for anything. Tax dollars paying for it is not the same the you paying for it. Tax dollars pays for a lot of useless things that you all may not agree with but that doesn't mean you're paying for it. 

Just now, Pulkapresident said:

Read the comments first, some questioned the science, some questioned the financials. I still standby my statement. "You" are not paying for anything. Tax dollars paying for it is not the same the you paying for it. Tax dollars pays for a lot of useless things that you all may not agree with but that doesn't mean you're paying for it. 

I read it and this is your answer ayithy , thanks

All put aside, the Government spends our tax dollars on a crap load of useless things including paying my husband for doing nothing. So, no. I don't think the Government is wasting money in giving you all a shot. 

1 minute ago, Pulkapresident said:

^&H

All put aside, the Government spends our tax dollars on a crap load of useless things including paying my husband for doing nothing. So, no. I don't think the Government is wasting money in giving you all a shot. 

Yes, you're still not paying for it. Wait for a couple more cycles, your insurance will pick up the bills. Then maybe you can complain that "you" are paying for it. 

^&H

You live in California, your tax dollars are paying for a lot of crap that you don't need, why aren't you complaining about it? Because you don't know about it? 

12 minutes ago, sri_india said:

no one questioned about science behind it , we questioned about financials behind it ...... 

So you think science is real, but the Government shouldn't pick up the bills? You would rather pay for your shot than have the Government pay for it?

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, sri_india said:

Okay. Tell me this. Both me and my husband get paid by the Federal Government, are you going to say you're paying me?

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Pulkapresident said:

So you think science is real, but the Government shouldn't pick up the bills? You would rather pay for your shot than have the Government pay for it?

He probably means that he hopes that him being able to afford the vaccine would give him a competitive advantage in survival against the new variant.

and that the govt is wasting money by evening the playing field by providing it to everyone. and not let people die just the way nature intended.

may be he's for climate activist and want as many people dead as possible or something.

2 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

He probably means that he hopes that him being able to afford the vaccine would give him a competitive advantage in survival against the new variant.

and that the govt is wasting money by evening the playing field by providing it to everyone. and not let people die just the way nature intended.

may be he's for climate activist and want as many people dead as possible or something.

anni nuvve anukooo .....

Just now, Picheshwar said:

Poyi poyi pulka president to pettukunnav silent_I1

what's wrong in what pulkapresident is saying here?

what can we say about a db where pulkapresident is at risk of sounding more empathetic, without even making the empathy argument. hehe..

govts should foot the bill. but may be stay off vaccine mandates.

but to pretend like pharma companies are making a killing off this pandemic is just a comical opinion.

anni nuvve anukooo .....

okay. but you have zero logical standing for the argument you are making. You are just cherrypicking her statements to make what point, I don't understand. To say that she's wrong? but she's not.

if govt has to spend on something, spending it on innoculating people against an upcoming variant would be top 10.