Jump to content

Onion Farmer made 13 rupees after selling 1100 Kgs (excluding selling expenses )


AndhraneedSCS
 Share

Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, Vaampire said:

Pathetic…… papam.

annadaathalani adukuthinela chese antha varaku vadiley laa ledhu mana system

freebies bagaane istunnayi kada? I am also interested in understanding how that 13rs final price is calculated.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's a problem of logistics not farming

Indias farm sector is kept small and fragmanted by design 

Small farmers cannot gain scale and build their own storage or negotiate with middlemen 

Government also prevents any kind of cooperative unions because they would have disproportionate amount of political bargaining 

There's no solution to this and throwing money at the problem will not solve it unless a lot of policies are changed 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Ryzen_renoir said:

It's a problem of logistics not farming

Indias farm sector is kept small and fragmanted by design 

Small farmers cannot gain scale and build their own storage or negotiate with middlemen 

Government also prevents any kind of cooperative unions because they would have disproportionate amount of political bargaining 

There's no solution to this and throwing money at the problem will not solve it unless a lot of policies are changed 

 

First understand the news properly. The farmer was paid Rs1 per KG when market rate is 30-40. Buyer says poor quality not sure. Its not a problem of logistics but market forces and MSRP is needed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jatka Bandi said:

freebies bagaane istunnayi kada? I am also interested in understanding how that 13rs final price is calculated.

Freebees picha lite man. We need good infra to support farming. Also farmers need to be educated and trained to look into alternate farming

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thumb rule: You cannot go against the fundamentals for way too prolonged period.

India has been going against the fundamental laws of demand and supply for more than 4 decades in farming.

We created laws to avoid future food shortage way back in the 70's. We now have excess food grains good enough to sit and eat for 3-4 years at least.

MSP regime must go away. MSP is killing the farm market economy. Minimum assurance valla maximum gains vadulukuntunnam.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Raven_Raeyes said:

Thumb rule: You cannot go against the fundamentals for way too prolonged period.

India has been going against the fundamental laws of demand and supply for more than 4 decades in farming.

We created laws to avoid future food shortage way back in the 70's. We now have excess food grains good enough to sit and eat for 3-4 years at least.

MSP regime must go away. MSP is killing the farm market economy. Minimum assurance valla maximum gains vadulukuntunnam.

Regulated cropping with scientific cropping patterns that suit the soil/climate  and local consumption is the way to go 

There is no logical reason that punjab has to produce non basmati rice anymore 

Government is unwlilling to do anything and is trying to push it onto private sector which will just result in  price hikes for the public 

Dairy sector has shown how to create a stable /efficient system that can benefit both customers and farmers 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.