Real Estate: Hyderabad To Face Heavy Blow 

Swatkat

By Venkat On Updated: December 05 , 2021 19:59 IST

The imbalance between supply and demand always leads to either boom or downfall of any business. Now Hyderabad real estate is one the verge of eating heavy blow due to low demand and high supply. The impact is going to be big on constructions as per the survey reports from various corners. 

The pandemic situation halted the sales abruptly in 2020 and the situation has been continuing even now. Still, many companies are not back to normal but encouraging the concept of work from home. The situation is so bad that the demand and supply is approximately in 1:3 ratio with regard to the apartments and villas of all ranges in Hyderabad.

"Hyderabad has become the only city in India with the highest increase in the available inventory with nearly 58,535 units available for sale", says Prashanth Thakur of Amarock Property Consultants.

A situation gives an apparent hint that there would be steep downfall in the apartment prices in different corners of the city. Though the builders are keeping on increasing the price per sft by creating artificial demand, the supply is so high that the competitive wars may result in a downfall of prices.

"Many of the people are waiting for the pre-launch sale offers from the builders than shelling out market price on ready to move properties. This turns Hyderabad into a seller's market and forces them to resort to a steep correction in the real estate prices", says Dr Y Kiron of SuchirIndia group. 

It is known that some cities in China have become ghost cities with plenty of newly built apartment complexes but no occupants in them. Similar situation is going to arise in Hyderabad, say some opinions.

Already the rental values have come down in many places ever since the breakdown of the pandemic.

"I used to get a rent of Rs 25,000 per month on my residential property. But the tenants had vacated during the pandemic and left to their native place in Tamilnadu. I didn't want to lose the rent, whatever it is. If I keep my flat locked, I have to bear the maintenance costs. So, I got an offer from other tenants in the same apartment complex that if I am ready to lease my flat at Rs 15000 per month. I immediately agreed for this win-win situation", said Raju, the owner of a flat in Miyapur.

Except for some big builders in the city selling premium properties, the plight of mid range builders seems to be in doldrums. In a way, it can be good news for the people who wish to purchase new flats at reduced prices. It has to be seen if the the builders curb their margins to exit their commitments making a breakeven.

51 minutes ago, Swatkat said:

By Venkat On Updated: December 05 , 2021 19:59 IST

The imbalance between supply and demand always leads to either boom or downfall of any business. Now Hyderabad real estate is one the verge of eating heavy blow due to low demand and high supply. The impact is going to be big on constructions as per the survey reports from various corners. 

The pandemic situation halted the sales abruptly in 2020 and the situation has been continuing even now. Still, many companies are not back to normal but encouraging the concept of work from home. The situation is so bad that the demand and supply is approximately in 1:3 ratio with regard to the apartments and villas of all ranges in Hyderabad.

"Hyderabad has become the only city in India with the highest increase in the available inventory with nearly 58,535 units available for sale", says Prashanth Thakur of Amarock Property Consultants.

A situation gives an apparent hint that there would be steep downfall in the apartment prices in different corners of the city. Though the builders are keeping on increasing the price per sft by creating artificial demand, the supply is so high that the competitive wars may result in a downfall of prices.

"Many of the people are waiting for the pre-launch sale offers from the builders than shelling out market price on ready to move properties. This turns Hyderabad into a seller's market and forces them to resort to a steep correction in the real estate prices", says Dr Y Kiron of SuchirIndia group. 

It is known that some cities in China have become ghost cities with plenty of newly built apartment complexes but no occupants in them. Similar situation is going to arise in Hyderabad, say some opinions.

Already the rental values have come down in many places ever since the breakdown of the pandemic.

"I used to get a rent of Rs 25,000 per month on my residential property. But the tenants had vacated during the pandemic and left to their native place in Tamilnadu. I didn't want to lose the rent, whatever it is. If I keep my flat locked, I have to bear the maintenance costs. So, I got an offer from other tenants in the same apartment complex that if I am ready to lease my flat at Rs 15000 per month. I immediately agreed for this win-win situation", said Raju, the owner of a flat in Miyapur.

Except for some big builders in the city selling premium properties, the plight of mid range builders seems to be in doldrums. In a way, it can be good news for the people who wish to purchase new flats at reduced prices. It has to be seen if the the builders curb their margins to exit their commitments making a breakeven.

Fake news

• Upvote 1

looking for an apartment around Gachibowli areas not as much as investment but as a vacation home to go with college going kids. We both are from Hyderabad and they don't like parents splitting to their respective parents home, if all four go, they want all of us go to our own place and stay as one unit and people can come and visit and also stay. We are looking for a 3 bedroom but don't see anything good, budget around 2-2.5 cr. We saw something in Kokapet but it was like 3.5 cr.  Requirement, decent kitchen, wet and dry bathrooms, good ventilation, gated community, no gaudy colors and decent interiors.

I haven't seen any deals yet. Probably will be going in 2022 and seeing if anything good.

40 minutes ago, Jambhalheart said:

Is Hyd real estate (especially around IT areas like madhapur, kondapur & gachibowli etc,.) really that bad these days as mentioned ??

@hyperbole  please throw some light here…

Speculative article at best. Infact Hyderabad has the lowest inventory overhang of all major cities in India. Major discounts doesn’t come in unless the overhang period is too long. Also the new residential launches are in anticipation of the future growth post 2024-2025 and even the timelines align with commercial launches. Unless commercial lauches fail I don’t see residential market slowing down in Hyderabad. At this point it is speculative and any data we  will have is post 2023-2024. In perspective, there is 150-180 million sft office space under construction/pipeline, that is as big as what we have currently which means they are betting on Hyd will grow 2X bigger in next 10 years. If last 8 years any indication we grew approx 3X

https://www.financialexpress.com/money/hyderabad-clocks-39-growth-in-housing-sales-lowest-inventory-overhang-of-25-months-across-top-8-cities-report/2256622/

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Varshini2020 said:

looking for an apartment around Gachibowli areas not as much as investment but as a vacation home to go with college going kids. We both are from Hyderabad and they don't like parents splitting to their respective parents home, if all four go, they want all of us go to our own place and stay as one unit and people can come and visit and also stay. We are looking for a 3 bedroom but don't see anything good, budget around 2-2.5 cr. We saw something in Kokapet but it was like 3.5 cr.  Requirement, decent kitchen, wet and dry bathrooms, good ventilation, gated community, no gaudy colors and decent interiors.

I haven't seen any deals yet. Probably will be going in 2022 and seeing if anything good.

Sent pm

1 hour ago, hyperbole said:

Speculative article at best. Infact Hyderabad has the lowest inventory overhang of all major cities in India. Major discounts doesn’t come in unless the overhang period is too long. Also the new residential launches are in anticipation of the future growth post 2024-2025 and even the timelines align with commercial launches. Unless commercial lauches fail I don’t see residential market slowing down in Hyderabad. At this point it is speculative and any data we  will have is post 2023-2024. In perspective, there is 150-180 million sft office space under construction/pipeline, that is as big as what we have currently which means they are betting on Hyd will grow 2X bigger in next 10 years. If last 8 years any indication we grew approx 3X

https://www.financialexpress.com/money/hyderabad-clocks-39-growth-in-housing-sales-lowest-inventory-overhang-of-25-months-across-top-8-cities-report/2256622/

I dont think the article was speculative. The report you mentioned was published on march 21 2021.

here is another one from deccan chroncile

Hyderabad real estate market may collapse by March

DECCAN CHRONICLE. | S.UMAMAHESHWAR
Published Dec 3, 2021, 9:47 am IST
Updated Dec 3, 2021, 4:12 pm IST
According to data by Anarock Property Consultants, the builders are sitting on an unsold inventory of 58,535 units as of September 30
The pre-launch sale concept has brought an already over-supplied Hyderabad real estate market on the verge of a correction. (Photo: PTI/File)
 The pre-launch sale concept has brought an already over-supplied Hyderabad real estate market on the verge of a correction. (Photo: PTI/File)

Hyderabad: A 24-year-old expatriate working in one of the wealthy Scandinavian countries calls up his friend to seek his advice on an offer that he came to know through one of WhatsApps groups. The offer was enticing. It required him to buy a piece of land on the outskirts of Hyderabad along with a few others, with a promise that the capital appreciation would be 100 per cent within a couple of years. This offer in real estate terminology is referred to as the prelaunch sale of Undivided Land Share (ULS).

The expatriate’s friend knew the dynamics of the real estate market and was loath to advise him to go ahead, for he knew the pitfalls. But the expatriate was gung-ho about the return on investment and was confident about it, going by the advice of his other friends.

While his friend somehow wriggled out of the predicament of offering wrong advice or encouraging the expatriate to invest in a shaky concept, the Undivided Land Share concept swept through the Hyderabad real estate market — tapping its preys through the social media, without attracting regulatory oversight and hoodwinking the RERA regulations.

The pre-launch sale of the Undivided Land Share concept involves a builder pooling together tens or hundreds of people — depending on the project size — who could make the full payment of the proposed flat. The builder would use the money pooled in from such individuals to buy the land from the landlord. The land would be divided among the prospective buyers and registered in their names as the Undivided Land Share.

eee15f471edfae0cdd60ebf751c8b361efca1033

The builder then gets into a development agreement with this group of people, who would be promised flats in proportion to the land that they own.

The key aspect that makes this pre-launch sale offer mouth-watering is steep discounts. The builder would typically offer the flat in the project, which is just on paper without any government sanctions, at one-third of the market price. The prospective buyers would be made to believe that capital appreciation would at least double in just two years or so.

While on top of it, the offer appears to be a winwin solution for the builder and the buyer, the ULS has left organised construction companies fuming, and experts, tracking the real estate sector, worrying about the viability and sustainability of the sector. “The Hyderabad real estate market will crash by March,” declares Dr Y. Kiron, the chief executive officer of SuchirIndia Group.

Elaborating his dire prediction, Dr Kiron says, “Not very long ago, the Hyderabad real estate market used to be the endusers market, where a majority of the buyers had bought houses to live in. But now, the prelaunch sale concept has attracted pure speculators on the premise that they could cash out after the project completion. Even if the project gets completed, the investors and the builder would not find people to buy property at market prices, leaving them with huge unsold stock.”

Most people are, in fact, Dr Kiron claims, ready to wait for the pre-launch sale offers from the other builders than shell out the market price for buying a flat in an already constructed project. “This would, ultimately, turn Hyderabad into a seller’s market and force them to resort to a steep correction in the real estate prices,” he said.

According to data released by Anarock Property Consultants, the builders are sitting on an unsold inventory of 58,535 units as of September 30.

The inventory on June 30 was 50,580 units. While nearly 8,000 units were
added to the market between July to September, the real estate sector managed to sell only 6,735 units in this period, leading to an oversupply in the market.

“Hyderabad turned out to be the only city in India with the highest increase in the available inventory with nearly 58,535 units available for sale. Furthermore, a sharp rise in the new supply over the past few quarters has increased the city’s available inventory by 113 per cent compared to the same period in the previous year,” said Prashant Thakur, director, Anarock Property Consultants in a statement.

The pre-launch sale concept has brought an already over-supplied Hyderabad real estate market on the verge of a correction, says C.Shekar Reddy, the past national president of Credai.

Shekhar Reddy says the pre-launch sale concept violates the Real Estate Regulatory Authority regulations. “The moment the buyers purchase the land and enter into a development agreement with the builder, they would be liable to those buying the flats later on. But many people get into this trap unaware of the legal complications,” he explains.

Apart from the open auction of land parcels by the government, he also believes that the prelaunch sale concept is also responsible for a spurt in property prices in the city.

Concurring with this hypothesis, Veera Babu, the managing director of Cushman & Wakefield, claims that one of the arguments against the builders resorting to pre-launch sale arrangements is that they were not negotiating hard with the landlord.

Though he admitted that the price correction could happen in the Hyderabad market, he refused to put a timeline to it. “The past records show that the real estate prices correct once in every 10 years. However, there has not been one in Hyderabad since 2008,” Veera Babu said.

People, who opted for the pre-launch sale offers, would be in deep trouble if for some reason the builder fails to construct the project completely.

“The pre-launch sale was already used to the hilt in other markets like Noida in the National Capital Region among others and people have suffered immensely when major builders could not complete the projects. In Hyderabad, however, the companies without any previous record are opting for a pre-launch sale model. But if they go bankrupt or leave the unviable project, the buyers would have no recourse and they cannot do much with the undivided land,” he explained.

Vishal Srivastav of Mahaveer Constructions is optimistic about the prospects of the city’s real estate market, but insists that people must do their homework about the builder before they buy a flat.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Swatkat said:

I dont think the article was speculative. The report you mentioned was published on march 21 2021.

According to data by Anarock Property Consultants, the builders are sitting on an unsold inventory of 58,535 units as of September 30

Hyderabad: A 24-year-old expatriate working in one of the wealthy Scandinavian countries calls up his friend to seek his advice on an offer that he came to know through one of WhatsApps groups. The offer was enticing. It required him to buy a piece of land on the outskirts of Hyderabad along with a few others, with a promise that the capital appreciation would be 100 per cent within a couple of years. This offer in real estate terminology is referred to as the prelaunch sale of Undivided Land Share (ULS).

The expatriate’s friend knew the dynamics of the real estate market and was loath to advise him to go ahead, for he knew the pitfalls. But the expatriate was gung-ho about the return on investment and was confident about it, going by the advice of his other friends.

While his friend somehow wriggled out of the predicament of offering wrong advice or encouraging the expatriate to invest in a shaky concept, the Undivided Land Share concept swept through the Hyderabad real estate market — tapping its preys through the social media, without attracting regulatory oversight and hoodwinking the RERA regulations.

The pre-launch sale of the Undivided Land Share concept involves a builder pooling together tens or hundreds of people — depending on the project size — who could make the full payment of the proposed flat. The builder would use the money pooled in from such individuals to buy the land from the landlord. The land would be divided among the prospective buyers and registered in their names as the Undivided Land Share.

The builder then gets into a development agreement with this group of people, who would be promised flats in proportion to the land that they own.

The key aspect that makes this pre-launch sale offer mouth-watering is steep discounts. The builder would typically offer the flat in the project, which is just on paper without any government sanctions, at one-third of the market price. The prospective buyers would be made to believe that capital appreciation would at least double in just two years or so.

While on top of it, the offer appears to be a winwin solution for the builder and the buyer, the ULS has left organised construction companies fuming, and experts, tracking the real estate sector, worrying about the viability and sustainability of the sector. “The Hyderabad real estate market will crash by March,” declares Dr Y. Kiron, the chief executive officer of SuchirIndia Group.

Elaborating his dire prediction, Dr Kiron says, “Not very long ago, the Hyderabad real estate market used to be the endusers market, where a majority of the buyers had bought houses to live in. But now, the prelaunch sale concept has attracted pure speculators on the premise that they could cash out after the project completion. Even if the project gets completed, the investors and the builder would not find people to buy property at market prices, leaving them with huge unsold stock.”

Most people are, in fact, Dr Kiron claims, ready to wait for the pre-launch sale offers from the other builders than shell out the market price for buying a flat in an already constructed project. “This would, ultimately, turn Hyderabad into a seller’s market and force them to resort to a steep correction in the real estate prices,” he said.

According to data released by Anarock Property Consultants, the builders are sitting on an unsold inventory of 58,535 units as of September 30.

added to the market between July to September, the real estate sector managed to sell only 6,735 units in this period, leading to an oversupply in the market.

“Hyderabad turned out to be the only city in India with the highest increase in the available inventory with nearly 58,535 units available for sale. Furthermore, a sharp rise in the new supply over the past few quarters has increased the city’s available inventory by 113 per cent compared to the same period in the previous year,” said Prashant Thakur, director, Anarock Property Consultants in a statement.

The pre-launch sale concept has brought an already over-supplied Hyderabad real estate market on the verge of a correction, says C.Shekar Reddy, the past national president of Credai.

Shekhar Reddy says the pre-launch sale concept violates the Real Estate Regulatory Authority regulations. “The moment the buyers purchase the land and enter into a development agreement with the builder, they would be liable to those buying the flats later on. But many people get into this trap unaware of the legal complications,” he explains.

Apart from the open auction of land parcels by the government, he also believes that the prelaunch sale concept is also responsible for a spurt in property prices in the city.

Concurring with this hypothesis, Veera Babu, the managing director of Cushman & Wakefield, claims that one of the arguments against the builders resorting to pre-launch sale arrangements is that they were not negotiating hard with the landlord.

Though he admitted that the price correction could happen in the Hyderabad market, he refused to put a timeline to it. “The past records show that the real estate prices correct once in every 10 years. However, there has not been one in Hyderabad since 2008,” Veera Babu said.

People, who opted for the pre-launch sale offers, would be in deep trouble if for some reason the builder fails to construct the project completely.

“The pre-launch sale was already used to the hilt in other markets like Noida in the National Capital Region among others and people have suffered immensely when major builders could not complete the projects. In Hyderabad, however, the companies without any previous record are opting for a pre-launch sale model. But if they go bankrupt or leave the unviable project, the buyers would have no recourse and they cannot do much with the undivided land,” he explained.

Vishal Srivastav of Mahaveer Constructions is optimistic about the prospects of the city’s real estate market, but insists that people must do their homework about the builder before they buy a flat.

I guess more supply inatlundhi @kevinUsa  it has to fall down one day. @JambaKrantu bro neke teliyali asalu matter gachibowli king vi. 

10 minutes ago, Swatkat said:

May 2021 article, even if Hyderabad didn’t sell a single flat in last 6 months would still put them under all cities in the inventor overhang territory . It is too early to conclude anything, in 2 years we will have a clear picture if it is boom ir bust, property rates adjustments happen all the time and so far in the pandemic the rates have gone up 100%, like world markets the adjustments will kick in at some point but that is worldwide phenomenon than Hyderabad alone

Excess supply vunapudu slowdown common ae...daniki manollu collapse, buscuit ayipoindi, padipoindi ani nana hungama chestaru...

Hyd reality market is now more organised than ever, okapudu builders used to put up all of their inventory on sale right from day 1 but now a days, they are more organised and they are now like releasing few units at a time, to control the excess supply.

For eg:, there is 10 tower development, and it is planned over 5 years, okappudu aithe all those 10 towers units used to put up on sale from day-1 but right now, 10 towers lo hardly one tower at a sale vastundi, observed this new trend among all major developments. 

Telangana/Hyderabad is now more like real estate capital of India.

Real estate will be the predominant market driver of the economy.

Pricing up and down ayinapudalla dusta shakthulu ready ga vuntaru eduvadaniki but atlanti edupe maa telangana ki sri rama raksha. 

Illu konetapudu kastha jagratha ga konali...beram adali, location gurinchi teliyali, negotiations cheyali..anthe kani buildr vachi 3 cr ki flat ante guddiga konadam, atarvata antha rate ledu telsi badha padadam lantivi jarugutuntayi...just need t obe careful at buying. Idi okati chesthe chalu, market correction lo oka 10-20% atu itu aina kuda mana worth ki pedda ga teda vundadu.