Do any one has toddler with some gifted abilities?

abulu

We are fortunate to have a gifted child who performs some surprise things, a simple example he can solve Rubik cube at age of 2. This is just one example not the complete story.

We thought initially he is kind of luck to do so, but when days goes by he surprised with many things,

a close family friends saw that they agree the same saying he cant go to normal day care or school rather a special care and

refer this website https://www.nagc.org/resources-publications/resources/my-child-gifted/common-characteristics-gifted-individuals

any one went through this process? 

• Upvote 2

• abulu changed the title to Do any one has toddler with some gifted abilities?
7 minutes ago, DalchanChekka said:

You can take him to @EllenDeGeneres show

Goal is to keep him in right track so he can progress accordingly, not to make famous I mean I guess there are plenty of kids existing who might be doing some great stuff, dont think he is extra special. but just figuring out if any one gone through any of those ani. Thanks for the advice though.  

18 minutes ago, abulu said:

We are fortunate to have a gifted child who performs some surprise things, a simple example he can solve Rubik cube at age of 2. This is just one example not the complete story.

We thought initially he is kind of luck to do so, but when days goes by he surprised with many things,

a close family friends saw that they agree the same saying he cant go to normal day care or school rather a special care and

refer this website https://www.nagc.org/resources-publications/resources/my-child-gifted/common-characteristics-gifted-individuals

I undrstnad how it feels like  parent, I personally saw kids with gifted ability's will become success ONLY and ONLY if they continue to exceed. If he starts school his abilities will become normal and he don't want to exceeding seeing and comparing with his friends. Here in USA we have spots for gifted kids only after 5 grade so keep him on the same phase until then. Sorry if any of this hurt you. 

4 minutes ago, joblessjack said:

I undrstnad how it feels like  parent, I personally saw kids with gifted ability's will become success ONLY and ONLY if they continue to exceed. If he starts school his abilities will become normal and he don't want to exceeding seeing and comparing with his friends. Here in USA we have spots for gifted kids only after 5 grade so keep him on the same phase until then. Sorry if any of this hurt you. 

Oh ok, not a problem good to know , thank you. What's there to hurt you just conveying things, thank you. 

3 minutes ago, mirchi_bajji said:

interesting. i guess private tutoring/nurturing at this age will help. it is costly though.

see at home nannies who can teach him and push him to try and learn different stuff.

Don't think they will teach better than kids mothers, we are ok if we dont have any special program, its expensive to hire those special teachers. 

2 minutes ago, kevinUsa said:

Inka em python java nerpinchi Market lo leave him

That's too much for him. May be when he reaches 10 we can consider that advance option if he want to excel his knowledge. 

48 minutes ago, abulu said:

people with such special abilities typically get behind on social aspects, let them do their natural abilities with you interfering too much into their thinking process for such abilities

best would be get them into montessori education, get them more play with other kids, point is overall child development is important than nurturing only those special skills which we don't know fully yet

the best thing a parent can do sometimes is not to tinker with those special skills with 2 yrs being too young of an age

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, abulu said:

One day my kid was playing with all his cousins age ranging from 4 years to 8 years at his aunt's house and he was the youngest of all and was 1 year 4 months old back then...his aunt said that she kept candies on the top shelf which were visible to the kids but no one knows how to take them...my son went and brought a broom stick and pushed all the candies from the shelf...even an 8-year-old didnt get the idea to use the broom stick my kid did...

At school, he is the most intelligent and super smart kid with all straight As his knowledge equal to of a 13 year old...my son is 8 year old now...and the teachers suggested promoting him to next grade...my wife and I are thinking about that whether to accept or not...

48 minutes ago, abulu said:

Goal is to keep him in right track so he can progress accordingly, not to make famous I mean I guess there are plenty of kids existing who might be doing some great stuff, dont think he is extra special. but just figuring out if any one gone through any of those ani. Thanks for the advice though.  

Ika all kinds of coaching lo vesi saavadngandi. Uno president avvali ani stress pettu. 

Or just yake him to libraries, science and arts centers to explore around and choose his own progress

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, abulu said:

simple, with an Indian parent, he wont stay gifted for too long.. i am saying this with a sense that Indian parenting destroys genuine talent by over interfering

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, abulu said:

Please don’t him in IIT and Olympiad foundation school… let him excel at his own pace

1 hour ago, abulu said:

Home schooling/special care without regular school is worst thing a kid can have in life … he regrets when he looks back

11 minutes ago, AndhraPickles said:

Maa buddodu kooda anthe...gifted....relatives n bayata ladies evaru etthukunna mundu vaalla books pisukuthunnaadu at 3 years.....malli valla moham choosi smile isthaadu......that moment chala embarrassing ga untundi....paapam kakka leka minga leka ibbandi paduthunnaaru....

😆 maa vadiki ABC lu cheppesariki BP raise ipotundi lol..

• Haha 2