KTR to Elonmusk

Guruish

49 minutes ago, hyperbole said:

Only state which has a ev policy

46 minutes ago, RaaoSaab said:

Pina list esa ga a state entha incentive istundo....malli ev policy ani sollu enduku

12 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

You are not making much sense now. That's what the govt is asking Tesla too. To manufacture Teslas in the country, instead of importing them and treating India as dumpyard for its excess stock.

I am juat quoting to the point that we don’t need Tesla in India

Having Tesla in the country brings about a sea change in terms of innovation. Look at how Chinese automakers how much they benefited from Tesla. BYD was a bus manufacturer now they are going toe-to-toe with Tesla and in fact they got a stage where Tesla is buying batteries from them. There are 10 such companies in China who will take over the world in coming years . If we are not innovative, just like Xiaomi took over Chinese automakers will take over

1 minute ago, hyperbole said:

Having Tesla in the country brings about a sea change in terms of innovation. Look at how Chinese automakers how much they benefited from Tesla. BYD was a bus manufacturer now they are going toe-to-toe with Tesla and in fact they got a stage where Tesla is buying batteries from them. There are 10 such companies in China who will take over the world. If we are not innovative like Xiaomi Chinese automakers will take ovwr

I don't understand. India is asking Tesla to please manufacture their vehicles in India no? 

Doesnt matter which state it is manufactured in. I agree it is beneficial for the whole ev ecosystem. 

4 minutes ago, hyperbole said:

Having Tesla in the country brings about a sea change in terms of innovation. Look at how Chinese automakers how much they benefited from Tesla. BYD was a bus manufacturer now they are going toe-to-toe with Tesla and in fact they got a stage where Tesla is buying batteries from them. There are 10 such companies in China who will take over the world. If we are not innovative like Xiaomi Chinese automakers will take ovwr

So are you saying that india should look beyond manufacturing and first attract ancillary services fro Tesla like r&d ? 

Probably. There's no harm in attracting them. 

1 minute ago, hyperbole said:

Having Tesla in the country brings about a sea change in terms of innovation. Look at how Chinese automakers how much they benefited from Tesla. BYD was a bus manufacturer now they are going toe-to-toe with Tesla and in fact they got a stage where Tesla is buying batteries from them. There are 10 such companies in China who will take over the world in coming years . If we are not innovative, just like Xiaomi took over Chinese automakers will take over

That's not due to Tesla  , that's mostly due to Chinese government funding EV sector to the tune of 200 bil$. 

They manufacture 3/4 th of the lithium ion batteries for the entire world . CATL is the biggest Trump card of china 

Same reason why China has more than 700 EV startups , not denying that Tesla pushed the premium segment further 

2 minutes ago, Ryzen_renoir said:

That's not due to Tesla  , that's mostly due to Chinese government funding EV sector to the tune of 200 bil$. 

They manufacture 3/4 th of the lithium ion batteries for the entire world . CATL is the biggest Trump card of china 

Same reason why China has more than 700 EV startups , not denying that Tesla pushed the premium segment further 

Talent flows - employees keep changing jobs - there goes your resource pool, otherwise what is China’s incentive  to pamper Tesla. 

13 minutes ago, reality said:

A. Incentives for Electric Two Wheelers
i) 100% exemption of road tax & registration fee for the first 2,00,000 Electric 2 Wheelers purchased & registered within Telangana.
B. Incentives for Three-Seater Auto-Rickshaws
i) 100% exemption of road tax & registration fee for first 20,000 Electric 3 Wheelers purchased & registered within Telangana
ii) Retro-fitment incentive at 15% of the retro-fitment cost capped at Rs. 15,000 per vehicle for first 5,000 retrofit 3 seater auto rickshaws in Telangana
iii) Financing Institutions shall be encouraged to provide a hire-purchase scheme at discounted interest rates.
C. Incentives for Electric 4-Wheeler commercial passenger Vehicles such as Taxi, Tourist Cabs, etc.
i) 100% exemption of road tax & registration fee for the first 5,000 Electric 4-Wheeler commercial passenger Vehicles such as Taxi, Tourist Cabs, etc. purchased & registered within Telangana
D. Incentives for Light Goods Carriers - including Three Wheelers (goods)
i) 100% exemption of road tax & registration fee for first 10,000 Electric three-wheeler (goods), e-carriers as well as electric Light Goods carriers purchased & registered within Telangana
E. Incentives for Private Cars
i) 100% exemption of road tax & registration fee for the first 5,000 Electric 4-Wheeler private vehicles purchased & registered within Telangana
F. Incentives for Buses
i) 100% exemption of road tax & registration fee for the first 500 Electric buses purchased & registered within Telangana.
ii) State Transport Units shall also be encouraged to purchase Electric buses.
G. Incentives for Tractors
i) 100% exemption of road tax & registration fee shall be applicable for electric tractors purchased and registered in the state of Telangana as per the existing rules/guidelines applicable for tractors by Transport Department, Govt. of Telangana.
EV ESS POLICY 2020-2030

8. CHARGING INFRASTRUCTURE
Availability and accessibility of EV charging infrastructure is a pre-requisite for the penetration of Electric Vehicles.
A. Support for Charging Infrastructure
i) Government shall facilitate setting of up initial batch of fast charging stations in Hyderabad and other towns in a phased manner, by state entities and private players.
ii) Telangana State Electricity Regulatory Commission shall provide special Power Tariff category for Electric Vehicle Charging Stations.
iii) TSREDCO (State Nodal Agency) shall evaluate to establish public charging stations directly or under licensee/franchise/PPP model. Various public places such as airports, railway/ metro stations, parking lots, bus depots, markets, petrol stations, malls & electric poles shall be examined for the same.
iv) A viable business model shall be developed for private players to set up ARAI compliant EV charging/swapping infrastructure. Specifications for charging infrastructure shall be defined by the Transport Department/ TSREDCO/ITE&C Dept.
v) TSREDCO (State Nodal Agency) in coordination with State DISCOMS shall ensure Supply of Renewable energy for EV charging stations & setting up of solar rooftop plants as per net metering policy and captive power plants shall be encouraged as per the TSREC Guidelines.
vi) Existing Residential Townships with 1000+ 

https://tsredco.telangana.gov.in/Updates_2020/Telangana_EVES_policy_2020_30.pdf

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, hyperbole said:

I am juat quoting to the point that we don’t need Tesla in India

Hmmm.. I don't know. 

Do you want a foreign manufacturer who refuses to invest in manufacturing capacity in your country? 

May be theres a long game in here to get them to invest by hooking them with import duty exemptions to begin with. But is it worth it? 

I think market enthusiasts are often carried away by hype of a brand, those in governance have bigger issues to deal with most of the time

6 minutes ago, Ryzen_renoir said:

Very good point. Investment into the sector is way more beneficial than giving easy passes to one company that even refuses to invest

1 hour ago, hyperbole said:

Set shop ante only shop kadu vayya, it can be anything  a technology  offshore unit, manufacturing unit, or showroom etc.

Elon musk gadu clear ga nenu india lo alanti plants pettanu just showrooms open chestanu importtax maa company ki benifit ivvandi antunadu 

modi dengey ante antaku michi emi ledu 

ktr edo kastapadutunadu 

23 minutes ago, hyperbole said:

Talent flows - employees keep changing jobs - there goes your resource pool, otherwise what is China’s incentive  to pamper Tesla. 

China is pampering Tesla? Or is Tesla sucking up to China?

14 minutes ago, manadonga said:

Elon musk gadu clear ga nenu india lo alanti plants pettanu just showrooms open chestanu importtax maa company ki benifit ivvandi antunadu 

modi dengey ante antaku michi emi ledu 

ktr edo kastapadutunadu 

Yes. 

4 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

China is pampering Tesla? Or is Tesla sucking up to China?

It goes both ways as long as it is mutually beneficial. like India, Foreign manufacturers had to partner with a local firm, Tesla was exempted and now they are lifting it completely 

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/12/27/china-to-remove-foreign-investment-limit-passenger-car-manufacturing.html