Roth IRA opened in Fidelity

Paamu

$6000 funded to my account. Suggestions kaavali on investing. Fidelity index fund lo pettali ani anukunna but there are so many.... artham avvadam le. elaa start cheyyalo throw some light.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Paamu said:

$6000 funded to my account. Suggestions kaavali on investing. Fidelity index fund lo pettali ani anukunna but there are so many.... artham avvadam le. elaa start cheyyalo throw some light.

Ltt

1 hour ago, Swatkat said:

Please advice @Vaampire cheppu bro emi chepav lite ga chepesi ellipothav. Ma bhatkulu epudu telarthaye ila ithey

@Swatkat bro i will defer this topic to @Spartan

Nenu 401k ki max contribute chesthunna. And using bloooom to maintain it. Thats all anthey

• Upvote 1

@Paamu  if u are new to market keep calm and use Fidelity suggested ones and let it run.

kaadu ante...I would spread out 1000$ per sector and find the right ETF and put into it.

avg ga out of 5 sectors, 2-3 will be hit, and other 3-2 will be low growth or loss.

below are the sectors.

• Energy
  • Materials
  • Industrials
  • Consumer Discretionary
  • Consumer Staples
  • Health Care
  • Financials
  • Information Technology
  • Communication Services
  • Utilities
  • Real Estate

if you ask what are my picks for 2022, i will go with

• Consumer Staples,
  • Materials,
  • Utilities,
  • Energy and
  • other one safe bet Blue Chip ETF. in order top one first.

cc: @Vaampire @sri_india @Anta Assamey

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Marsmangalodu said:

How much of your income do you contribute and what does bloom do in 401k

maxout ant e 19500 and company matching.

Bloom is robo advisor ne interest, aggressiveness ni daniki iste...dani prakaramga adi invest chestadi.

1 hour ago, Marsmangalodu said:

How much of your income do you contribute and what does bloom do in 401k

@Marsmangalodu i contribute max allowed limit for 401k. I think its 20.5k this year. My wife does the same.

blooom manages it by changing the way funds are used.  Like fixed bonds vs stocks. Search online for more info..  i just sticked to blooom because i am lazy to research

4 hours ago, Swatkat said:

Bro konchem laymen terms lo cheppu bro

Largecap ante - pedda pedda stabilized companies. S&P 500 lo top 500 companies in terms of performance ni select chesi pedataru. Anduke andaru S&P500 konukkuntaru. Every brokerage has their version of top 500/top 300 etc. Example : big boys like Amazon, google, valero, boa, jpmc etc. 
As a matter of fact Tesla became an SP500 very recently. 

Emerging Markets - which ever sectors, geographies, vectors are showing promise to be the next strong market leaders/drivers. For example Reliance in India, US lo tech stocks, leka pote inka emaina. Domestic aithe only US, International aithe majority non-US

Expense Ratio - % they charge in fees to manage. Large funds are passively managed and fee is less. Whole sale, retail anuko. This is a very easy and imp metric. Higher expense ratio unna options are going to yield very less. Attached is an image to compare to options with low (0.1) % and high (0.75) %

Feel free to play with these numbers to understand the impact : https://www.begintoinvest.com/expense-ratio-calculator/

Dont try to over engineer on day 1. Use a simple methodology, do not start stock picking, stick to the routine. Boring investments are the safe bets. Do not micro manage.
Active investments ki separate account open chesi andulo try fooling around with whatever amount you are comfortable risking or losing. Aa strategies work avtunte then you can apply them on your boring investments. Chetulu kaalchukovatiniki intiki nippu pettakkarledu, aggi pulla pattukunte chalu. 

Expense_Ratio_Calculator_Example.png?w=5

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, phatposts said:

Largecap ante - pedda pedda stabilized companies. S&P 500 lo top 500 companies in terms of performance ni select chesi pedataru. Anduke andaru S&P500 konukkuntaru. Every brokerage has their version of top 500/top 300 etc. Example : big boys like Amazon, google, valero, boa, jpmc etc. 
As a matter of fact Tesla became an SP500 very recently. 

Emerging Markets - which ever sectors, geographies, vectors are showing promise to be the next strong market leaders/drivers. For example Reliance in India, US lo tech stocks, leka pote inka emaina. Domestic aithe only US, International aithe majority non-US

Expense Ratio - % they charge in fees to manage. Large funds are passively managed and fee is less. Whole sale, retail anuko. This is a very easy and imp metric. Higher expense ratio unna options are going to yield very less. Attached is an image to compare to options with low (0.1) % and high (0.75) %

Feel free to play with these numbers to understand the impact : https://www.begintoinvest.com/expense-ratio-calculator/

Dont try to over engineer on day 1. Use a simple methodology, do not start stock picking, stick to the routine. Boring investments are the safe bets. Do not micro manage.
Active investments ki separate account open chesi andulo try fooling around with whatever amount you are comfortable risking or losing. Aa strategies work avtunte then you can apply them on your boring investments. Chetulu kaalchukovatiniki intiki nippu pettakkarledu, aggi pulla pattukunte chalu. 

Expense_Ratio_Calculator_Example.png?w=5

Nice bro thank you. 

24 minutes ago, AFDB_Director said:

Did u check income limits? 

For people doing back door ROTH, keep an eye on build back better plan. It might take away back door ROTH this year. 

Does it apply for existing accounts too? Although I don’t have one as of now. I’m not qualified due to our income limits. What is the option?

1 hour ago, AFDB_Director said:

Did u check income limits? 

For people doing back door ROTH, keep an eye on build back better plan. It might take away back door ROTH this year. 

Bill pass aina 2031 nunchi kadha apply ayyedi? Appati varaku backdoor can be done