Newborn hearing test

m0nster

Friend ki few weeks bag baby girl puttindhi. But before discharge  they did hearing screening 2 times but both of them failed anta. They referred her to audiologist and they god appointment after 2 months. He was so worrying about his daughter future. Avarikina ela jarigindha? What are the chances of possible hearing loss?

17 minutes ago, m0nster said:

Friend ki few weeks bag baby girl puttindhi. But before discarding they did hearing screening 2 times but both of them failed anta. They referred her to audiologist and they god appointment after 2 months. He was so worrying about his daughter future. Avarikina ela jarigindha? What are the chances of possible hearing loss?

My neighbour 2yr baby wears little hearing aid 🦻

22 minutes ago, m0nster said:

Friend ki few weeks bag baby girl puttindhi. But before discarding they did hearing screening 2 times but both of them failed anta. They referred her to audiologist and they god appointment after 2 months. He was so worrying about his daughter future. Avarikina ela jarigindha? What are the chances of possible hearing loss?

discarding enti ra nayana...kasepu mind panicheyaledu

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, m0nster said:

cant say ..depends on the severity and type i guess. ask him not to worry too much and try audio experiments at home. try to get another consultation early if needed

2 minutes ago, mirchi_bajji said:

cant say ..depends on the severity and type i guess. ask him not to worry too much and try audio experiments at home. try to get another consultation early if needed

He said baby startle for loud sounds not sure what else he can test

It is very normal to fail the hearing tests for the new born babies as there will be water trapped into their ears.. Don't worry.. 99% of them pass the test after a few days.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AreyOSamba said:

It is very normal to fail the hearing tests for the new born babies as there will be water trapped into their ears.. Don't worry.. 99% of them pass the test after a few days.

Oh Avuna. Don’t  know this. Any personal experience to share?

2 minutes ago, m0nster said:

He said baby startle for loud sounds not sure what else he can test

then i think should be fine. new born kids act wierd. ask him not to worry about all his reactions.

• Like 1

Just now, AreyOSamba said:

my kid failed a few times in the first 2-3 weeks then passed after sometime.

If there are any major issues they should know in the genetic tests before the baby is born itself

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, m0nster said:

Friend family history doesn’t have any of hearing issues.

Babai adi antha depends on... During pregnancy how the baby is treated in mother's womb... We have to give good diet... Keep her happy.. always listen to good music, words etc..

Dont worry bro .. my baby girl also failed the 1st test. 2nd test she passed( she did just better compared to the first).

After 1st test we spoke to the doctor and she said not to worry even if she doesnt pass 2nd one as it might take sometime for babies to respond to that sound test. I remember her telling about some fluid that blocks their hearing ability