No testing in Telangana… No idea about other states

JackSeal

6 hours ago, Android_Halwa said:

Second wave nundi I have been stressing the same thing…testing,tracing will not help in containment of the epidemic…Infact we are wasting resources by doing mass testing. 

‘Testing chesi elagapettedi’ emi ledu ra Babu ante ie DB la vunde ‘relangi mavayyalu” andaru katta kattukuni attack chesinaru…abhabho…oka gorre ni minchina gorre inkokadu, influenced by majoritarian opinions.

antha gaali lo maatalu. what do you mean by 'containment of the epidemic'?

testing chesedhi janalani uddarinchey daaniki kaadhu, to get data. a mixture of tests, sero surveys, rapid tests are all data.

brahmhangaaru kooda chepparu, world eppudanna 10gipothadi ani.. anni moosuk koorchundaama emi cheyyakunda?

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Android_Halwa said:

Testing to help prevention or testing to help early recovery ki…testing helps control the spread ki chala teda vundi…

My claim: “Testing will not help prevent or control the spread”

nobody claimed that testing will help prevent spread. you made that claim in your head, and want to prove that claim as wrong.

That works when the spread is minimal, now when it is widely spread. Especially in resource crunch country such as India..

Testing chesthe early ga detect chesi ante…test cheyadam valla emaina labham vundi ante ‘doubt’ of COVID okkati confirm avutadi…other than that nothing changes. 

'resource crunch country' India? lol. how much is India spending for useless and loss making metro systems?

how much did India spend on testing? lets say India did 1 billion tests so far.. avg cost 500/-, which is way too high, since this number includes rapid tests too. that's ₹500b.. about $8b.. for the whole country.

when all businesses have closed, would this have provided atleast some economic activity? Or would you have wanted the everything to have been opened when people were dying left and right in Apr-June 2021?

Second wave nundi I have been stressing the same thing…testing,tracing will not help in containment of the epidemic…Infact we are wasting resources by doing mass testing. 

‘Testing chesi elagapettedi’ emi ledu ra Babu ante ie DB la vunde ‘relangi mavayyalu” andaru katta kattukuni attack chesinaru…abhabho…oka gorre ni minchina gorre inkokadu, influenced by majoritarian opinions.

so since UK is relaxing covid restrictions now, all your baseless claims about covid last year, when people were dying all around suddenly becomes right?

tell me, what do you think a govt elected by the people should do when there's a medical emergency affecting the people? act high and mighty like KCR because KCR has the vision (like you) to look 1yr into the future to understand exactly what he should do today?

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

so since UK is relaxing covid restrictions now, all your baseless claims about covid last year, when people were dying all around suddenly becomes right?

tell me, what do you think a govt elected by the people should do when there's a medical emergency affecting the people? act high and mighty like KCR because KCR has the vision (like you) to look 1yr into the future to understand exactly what he should do today?

Is this about KCR? Not, not really but it's about dealing with a health emergency.

It has been widely politicized and ended in a blame game. 

You are also part of the debate we had last year, I don't see you debating even when there were 3 lakh cases per day, Did the pandemic severity had gone down or what is that that has changed? 

Testing will not help gather data...TG is conducting fever survey and some sero survey by some others which are providing the right data to be dealt with. 

You have symptoms and you get a test done and it turns out positive, how is this helpful to gather any useful data? The doubt became clear and with symptoms the changes of test result turning positive is also very high, what is that you wat to see here ?

45 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

My claims about deaths, I always had a practical see through as to what is happening rather than indulging in blame game.

"No Elected Govt" did nothing to deal with pandemic because no one had any idea as to how to deal with pandemics. Some have understood early and some later but eventually everyone will be on the same level which is to deal with covid as a seasonal flu than as a pandemic.

1 hour ago, Raven_Rayes said:

'resource crunch country' India? lol. how much is India spending for useless and loss making metro systems?

how much did India spend on testing? lets say India did 1 billion tests so far.. avg cost 500/-, which is way too high, since this number includes rapid tests too. that's ₹500b.. about $8b.. for the whole country.

when all businesses have closed, would this have provided atleast some economic activity? Or would you have wanted the everything to have been opened when people were dying left and right in Apr-June 2021?

Because there is a loss making metro, we should spend more and more on testing ?

You cannot shut down everything and sit at hime because the side effects of doing so are much larger and long lasting than Covid.

You had entire administration on to testing..vunna staff antha testign mida pedithe inka chesedi emundi ? Oh, loss making metros ki elago pedutunam kada ani unnessasary and no results yeilding testing mida kuda pettali ane radical arguement cheyamaku...

Just now, Android_Halwa said:

Is this about KCR? Not, not really but it's about dealing with a health emergency.

It has been widely politicized and ended in a blame game. 

You are also part of the debate we had last year, I don't see you debating even when there were 3 lakh cases per day, Did the pandemic severity had gone down or what is that that has changed? 

Testing will not help gather data...TG is conducting fever survey and some sero survey by some others which are providing the right data to be dealt with. 

You have symptoms and you get a test done and it turns out positive, how is this helpful to gather any useful data? The doubt became clear and with symptoms the changes of test result turning positive is also very high, what is that you wat to see here ?

Yes. It is about the absolute lack of transparency of TG govt during covid emergency. No one was defending Jagan's measures, you were defending KCR's with handwavy arguments about how this is not important and that is not important. People want the leader to say this, or have one of his officers explain that strategy or atleast put up a white paper so atleast interested people can read what govt choses to do. Instead we had guys like you mocking people who lost their dear ones with bs questions like 'will testing prevent spread'.. as if anyone claimed that it would.

the argument I had with you was about vaccination strategy, where again you were obfuscating until your fav Modi govt did exactly what I wanted them to do. Then you claimed that it was always the plan, and that I should wait for things to unfold, before losing my sh1t.

I understand your need to show off your intelligence and pragmatism, trying to defend the indefensible (india's overall govt response during covid), but I dont understand the silliness of claiming now that you were right last year, based on the reality of today.

I never cared about cases, but about how overloaded hospitals were, and how many people were dropping dead. How overworked doctors were etc. None of these are today's reality. There's no need to talk about it, for me. you are free to talk about it. but try to state facts, instead of making up bs to defend whoever you've decided to defend today.

8 minutes ago, Android_Halwa said:

My claims about deaths, I always had a practical see through as to what is happening rather than indulging in blame game.

"No Elected Govt" did nothing to deal with pandemic because no one had any idea as to how to deal with pandemics. Some have understood early and some later but eventually everyone will be on the same level which is to deal with covid as a seasonal flu than as a pandemic.

you are still making the same arrogant claims about your ability to approach something practically.

without explaining how its practical to come up with hapahazard vaccination policy, when everyone and their granduncle was asking for govt to provide it for free. that govt eventually did it, doesn't mean you are right. It means that you lack the foresight to imagine a better way of doing things.

10 minutes ago, Android_Halwa said:

Because there is a loss making metro, we should spend more and more on testing ?

You cannot shut down everything and sit at hime because the side effects of doing so are much larger and long lasting than Covid.

You had entire administration on to testing..vunna staff antha testign mida pedithe inka chesedi emundi ? Oh, loss making metros ki elago pedutunam kada ani unnessasary and no results yeilding testing mida kuda pettali ane radical arguement cheyamaku...

First, we never argued about testing. you picked up the weakest argument someone made, and ran with it.

Govt always makes unproductive investments that has secondary benefits. Like Metro. Testing was one such. It was based on the WHO guideline to maintain positivity rate under 2%. the guideline was not to test everybody, since it is impossible. Do you understand statistics? The idea is that higher testing and isolation procedures could control the spread, and if that isnt true, are there studies to prove that it is not? do we have to go by your expert opinion, based on what? based on practicality?

There were people dying last year by April-May, and you are coolly saying that it was just flu and not a pandemic. lol.

20 minutes ago, Android_Halwa said:

but that is exactly what govts across the world did.

would you have preferred people just go on with their lives while there was deaths around them?

I dont remember a single insightful argument you did on the entire issue of covid. all arselicking nonsense of the govt in power. may be you like what comes out of govt's arse. Not everybody does.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Android_Halwa said:

again, this is the dumb argument. Testing actually provides random samples that can be genetically analyzed for multiple strains to study how the virus is mutating better.

this is how SouthAfrica found omicron variant. This is how India found the delta variant. Not through sero surveys.

what mix of testing (rapid, sero, rt-pcr) must happen is something that the experts in govt decide based on their containment strategy..When you are claiming that there's no need for testing, the burden of proof for that statement lies on you. All I see hand waving about imaginary arguments that no one made, since you are desperate to somehow defend your original stupid stand that testing is useless.