No testing in Telangana… No idea about other states

JackSeal

8 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

but that is exactly what govts across the world did.

would you have preferred people just go on with their lives while there was deaths around them?

I dont remember a single insightful argument you did on the entire issue of covid. all arselicking nonsense of the govt in power. may be you like what comes out of govt's arse. Not everybody does.

It all started from a state in USA where a county thought by restricting the movement and tracing the source can really help in spreading the pandemic. Just that they didn't knew what they were trying to deal with..

and then the same was followed everywhere without even applying logic. This is how governments work.

Govt's try to act as if they are concerned. But without knowing the extent of spread, how do you think they will contain ? 

Remember NZ and their lock down rules ? Australia paraded its military on the roads so that no one can come out...Italy..France..UK to name a few how they gone wrong dealing with the pandemic ?

This is how Govt's work.

30 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

the argument I had with you was about vaccination strategy, where again you were obfuscating until your fav Modi govt did exactly what I wanted them to do. Then you claimed that it was always the plan, and that I should wait for things to unfold, before losing my sh1t.

You were only reitering the plan...I had claimed that vaccination avaibality will only ease in the days to come and you are the who said they did not had a plan in place..

6 months and you can see the vaccination status.  There is a way how Govt's work, it's not a private limited company and it takes few attempts to get a policy right and sometimes few more attempts to get the right policy to work better.

Have you seen any program that has been implemented in India before? Any one such fool proof right from start strategy which has helped?

3 minutes ago, Android_Halwa said:

It all started from a state in USA where a county thought by restricting the movement and tracing the source can really help in spreading the pandemic. Just that they didn't knew what they were trying to deal with..

and then the same was followed everywhere without even applying logic. This is how governments work.

Govt's try to act as if they are concerned. But without knowing the extent of spread, how do you think they will contain ? 

Remember NZ and their lock down rules ? Australia paraded its military on the roads so that no one can come out...Italy..France..UK to name a few how they gone wrong dealing with the pandemic ?

This is how Govt's work.

It started in USA? or was it China that restricted movement of people successfully to prevent covid?

whats your alternative? to allow hospitals to be flooded with patients even more? in the hope of trying to achieve herd immunity?

did you forget Sweden tried it, and ended up burning their fingers? and had to abandon it midway?

6 minutes ago, Android_Halwa said:

You were only reitering the plan...I had claimed that vaccination avaibality will only ease in the days to come and you are the who said they did not had a plan in place..

6 months and you can see the vaccination status.  There is a way how Govt's work, it's not a private limited company and it takes few attempts to get a policy right and sometimes few more attempts to get the right policy to work better.

Have you seen any program that has been implemented in India before? Any one such fool proof right from start strategy which has helped?

dude, if this is how govts work... how come every other country announced vaccination for free right at the outset?

even pakistan gave vaccinations for free right from the outset.

your defense is just laughable.

oh, I forgot .. India is special. some fcuking karma bhoomi or some such idiotic sh1t perhaps. this is the way things always happen in India, and no one should lose their sh1t about it. Lest we get lectured by practical people like you. lol.

7 minutes ago, Android_Halwa said:

You were only reitering the plan

the plan was published. lol.

the govt then backtracked from the plan and provided the vaccines for free.

all capitalist pudingis were crying about how govts shouldn't give it for free, when everyone in the world was doing it.

10 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

again, this is the dumb argument. Testing actually provides random samples that can be genetically analyzed for multiple strains to study how the virus is mutating better.

this is how SouthAfrica found omicron variant. This is how India found the delta variant. Not through sero surveys.

what mix of testing (rapid, sero, rt-pcr) must happen is something that the experts in govt decide based on their containment strategy..When you are claiming that there's no need for testing, the burden of proof for that statement lies on you. All I see hand waving about imaginary arguments that no one made, since you are desperate to somehow defend your original stupid stand that testing is useless.

Again the same old dumb arguement.

Testing a targeted audience will provide the required data...testing a probable case will not yeild any interesting data.

The sero survey and fever survey that is being done gives a clear picture.

Let me put it this way:

Scenario-1:

35% of all the households in a area found to have anti bodies

60% of people aged 65+ had anti bodies

30% are found to be re-infected.

Sample consits of 1000+ profiles across urban/sub-urban clusters.

Scenario-2:

India records 2.5 lakh active corona cases in the last 24 hours.

Now, which scenario provides you much needed data drill down to specific location and community wise?

6 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

It started in USA? or was it China that restricted movement of people successfully to prevent covid?

whats your alternative? to allow hospitals to be flooded with patients even more? in the hope of trying to achieve herd immunity?

did you forget Sweden tried it, and ended up burning their fingers? and had to abandon it midway?

India did not even hospitals to allow to get the patients flooded. 

India needs solutions to its size, hospital beds will never be enough in such scenario in India.

DId you forget the fact how tablighi batch were hunted down and restricted their movement and tagged them as super spreaders?

What about the claims of 14-day chain break series? Restricting everyone's movement for 14 days ca nhelp to break the chain, Did it really help ? How many countries practiced it and burnt their fingers ?

This is how govt's work. 

4 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

the plan was published. lol.

the govt then backtracked from the plan and provided the vaccines for free.

all capitalist pudingis were crying about how govts shouldn't give it for free, when everyone in the world was doing it.

Things change and policy changes..

I even claimed that Govt will eventually provide free and they did...it takes policy a while to refine and fine tune.

Just now, Android_Halwa said:

Again the same old dumb arguement.

Testing a targeted audience will provide the required data...testing a probable case will not yeild any interesting data.

The sero survey and fever survey that is being done gives a clear picture.

Let me put it this way:

Scenario-1:

35% of all the households in a area found to have anti bodies

60% of people aged 65+ had anti bodies

30% are found to be re-infected.

Sample consits of 1000+ profiles across urban/sub-urban clusters.

Scenario-2:

India records 2.5 lakh active corona cases in the last 24 hours.

Now, which scenario provides you much needed data drill down to specific location and community wise?

you are still talking about antibodies, when the world has moved on. you are stuck in the past, trying to prove that you were right last year.. forget it. you were always wrong.

I tell you about genetic analysis to check for variants among the population and you are on about sero surveys. No one said sero surveys aren't helpful.

looks like you don't want the govt to use the pandemic to improve its genetic analysis infrastructure and expertise.

1 minute ago, Android_Halwa said:

India did not even hospitals to allow to get the patients flooded. 

India needs solutions to its size, hospital beds will never be enough in such scenario in India.

DId you forget the fact how tablighi batch were hunted down and restricted their movement and tagged them as super spreaders?

What about the claims of 14-day chain break series? Restricting everyone's movement for 14 days ca nhelp to break the chain, Did it really help ? How many countries practiced it and burnt their fingers ?

This is how govt's work.

no you are talking about things that happened in 2020. India didn't do any of that tracking sh1t or 14-day claims in 2021. So why are you still making that argument?

What is that 'grand solution' of yours that is good for India's size? just take sero surveys and then? what?

Just now, Raven_Rayes said:

you are still talking about antibodies, when the world has moved on. you are stuck in the past, trying to prove that you were right last year.. forget it. you were always wrong.

I tell you about genetic analysis to check for variants among the population and you are on about sero surveys. No one said sero surveys aren't helpful.

looks like you don't want the govt to use the pandemic to improve its genetic analysis infrastructure and expertise.

What ? Are you even in senses ? what genetic infrastructure are you talking about ?

we have made thousands of ventilators last year, at that time we thought we were improving the facilities but an year later all those equipment is lying idle unutilized and perhaps when we get to use them again, they may not be even in functioning condition...not to forget about the oxygen concentrators we have procured.

This is the problem; how do you deal with it? 

4 minutes ago, Android_Halwa said:

Things change and policy changes..

I even claimed that Govt will eventually provide free and they did...it takes policy a while to refine and fine tune.

it doesn't matter what you claimed. you were mocking people who wanted the govt to give it for free. did you do it for kicks?

even pakistan gave the vaccine for free at the outset. looks like India is fcuking special. before you go on about size.. China also gave it for free.

Just now, Raven_Rayes said:

no you are talking about things that happened in 2020. India didn't do any of that tracking sh1t or 14-day claims in 2021. So why are you still making that argument?

What is that 'grand solution' of yours that is good for India's size? just take sero surveys and then? what?

We have vaccines, we have medicines, we have set up enough oxygen plants and increasingly are coming up...

It's time to put covid behind, stop borrowing ideas from elsewhere and look for solutions that work in India, not that worked elsewhere.

14 day quarantine is proved to be useless, we did not even know if 14 days quarantine practically works yet we choose to implement. Evaluate if quarantine is really needed and if needed, then for how ling ?

and most importantly, we need to stop even thinking about covid..omicron or neocov or which ever variant.

Just do NOTHING...this is the best we can do than to do anything and create more troubles. 

1 minute ago, Raven_Rayes said:

it doesn't matter what you claimed. you were mocking people who wanted the govt to give it for free. did you do it for kicks?

even pakistan gave the vaccine for free at the outset. looks like India is fcuking special. before you go on about size.. China also gave it for free.

India also gave it for free...

Like I said, policy changes...things were different before second wave..and after it was different.

I only told to have patience and no one gets to pay for the vaccine...Did I not say ?

3 minutes ago, Android_Halwa said:

What ? Are you even in senses ? what genetic infrastructure are you talking about ?

we have made thousands of ventilators last year, at that time we thought we were improving the facilities but an year later all those equipment is lying idle unutilized and perhaps when we get to use them again, they may not be even in functioning condition...not to forget about the oxygen concentrators we have procured.

This is the problem; how do you deal with it? 

dude, that's how 'investments' turn out.

genetic analysis is done at max one lab per state, it won't turn out like ventilators. Testing samples are the raw material to keep this analysis going. And it should be active for another year atleast.

doesn't mean we expect rt-pcr tests to be conducted in lakhs everyday to feed this. There must already be a strategy in place for how many tests need to be conducted. like if the positivity rate spikes suddenly, they can test random samples to see if its because of some new variant or something.

If KCR abandoned testing itself, it only means that he won't invest in genetic analysis infrastructure in his state. Nothing more than that. As usual KCR has proved to be short sighted and arrogant.