Need suggestions on Autism

Varshith

My kid is 21months old now and we visited doctor when he was 18months for his regular checkup and they asked us to fill some M-chart where there were some questions like is he responding to his name, Is he talking more than 4 words, Is he bringing the toys that you ask for, guesters etc., we replied no for most of the questions and his pediatrician suggested saint david's for Autism evaluation to get it confirmed and its of 12months waiting period so we didn't even try it and there were some gov services where someone come to our home and evaluate and train us by saying us to do improvements on how we learn the stuff to our kid but it was not useful for us since its again done by us so we  moved to AZ to see if there are any resources here and hunting for good services for his treatment, my son is good at motor skills like walking, running , jumping, climbing steps, climbing furniture's but he is not good at communication like he is not caring at all for what we talk or ask him or if someone who is pretty new for him he doesn't wants to play with them or even with other kids and he is only seeing us sometimes when we call his name and not all the times and he always watch corners in the room with his eyes corners and see all the sides as if someone is calling him from the walls and he responds to very small music and comes to tv or phone when its playing in fraction of seconds but he doesn't respond to us at all even if we call him multiple times, he started spinning rounds and laughing from past 3 days very frequently and always wants to play alone, We didn't know anything about autism or autism characteristics until we visited his 18months checkup and I was going through online forums, questions etc and found most of things what he had done past to 18months age also matched with my son's behaviour like making us opening box's or putting our fingers or hands to press some toys , was speaking some meaning words at the age of 13-15 and now he stopped and not talking even single word, speech delays, not exactly sure what is repetitive behaviors but he always want to play with toys in sameway and while sleeping he always put his bedsheet in his mouth to go to sleep kind of habit, Please suggest on how to deal with this to get him normal like other kids, Any suggestions groups or any help in any way is highly appreciated.

14 minutes ago, Varshith said:

My kid is 21months old now and we visited doctor when he was 18months for his regular checkup and they asked us to fill some M-chart where there were some questions like is he responding to his name, Is he talking more than 4 words, Is he bringing the toys that you ask for, guesters etc., we replied no for most of the questions and his pediatrician suggested saint david's for Autism evaluation to get it confirmed and its of 12months waiting period so we didn't even try it and there were some gov services where someone come to our home and evaluate and train us by saying us to do improvements on how we learn the stuff to our kid but it was not useful for us since its again done by us so we  moved to AZ to see if there are any resources here and hunting for good services for his treatment, my son is good at motor skills like walking, running , jumping, climbing steps, climbing furniture's but he is not good at communication like he is not caring at all for what we talk or ask him or if someone who is pretty new for him he doesn't wants to play with them or even with other kids and he is only seeing us sometimes when we call his name and not all the times and he always watch corners in the room with his eyes corners and see all the sides as if someone is calling him from the walls and he responds to very small music and comes to tv or phone when its playing in fraction of seconds but he doesn't respond to us at all even if we call him multiple times, he started spinning rounds and laughing from past 3 days very frequently and always wants to play alone, We didn't know anything about autism or autism characteristics until we visited his 18months checkup and I was going through online forums, questions etc and found most of things what he had done past to 18months age also matched with my son's behaviour like making us opening box's or putting our fingers or hands to press some toys , was speaking some meaning words at the age of 13-15 and now he stopped and not talking even single word, speech delays, not exactly sure what is repetitive behaviors but he always want to play with toys in sameway and while sleeping he always put his bedsheet in his mouth to go to sleep kind of habit, Please suggest on how to deal with this to get him normal like other kids, Any suggestions groups or any help in any way is highly appreciated.

check PM

Hard to figure out at this age. But early intervention is needed if he really has autism.  So better consult doctors and get their recommendations as soon as possible.

Your kid symptoms seem to match. Playing by themselves and being repetitive without being responsive is what docs look for. 

50 minutes ago, Varshith said:

18 months ki avanni evaru cheyyaru…ur kid is normal….

1 minute ago, testuser123 said:

Send him to India. He will talk more when he is with grand parents

+1 

Regarding speech delays.. 

I have seen couple of children back to normal around 3 to 3.5 years

Do you talk with him often ? Do you spend enough time like taking him to park etc ? Did you try simple apps like talking Tom to encourage him to talk? 

Do you read bed time stories or any books to him ?

6 hours ago, Varshith said:

I don’t see anything special in your kid behavior. Chill bro . Send him to day care or preschool for 6 months .. you will see huge difference.

maa kid ki 2 yrs daka anthaga matladedi kadu.  School should fix most of your concerns .

I’m sure your kid is normal 

Autism is a spectrum bro ranging from mild-moderate-severe.Denial mode is not going to help.The early you start therapies the faster your kid will improve with age.These kids slowly improve with age .My 6 year old kid is on spectrum.He was diagnosed at age 3.We started therapies at age 3 and there is lot of improvement but still some challenges(no social skills and has some sensory issues) and we are working on it.Sending to India is not going to help.Only therapies will help

• In 2021, the CDC reported that approximately 1 in 44 children in the U.S. is diagnosed with an autism spectrum disorder (ASD), according to 2018 data.
    • 1 in 27 boys identified with autism
    • 1 in 116 girls identified with autism

7 minutes ago, terminator_desi said:

Autism is a spectrum bro ranging from mild-moderate-severe.Denial mode is not going to help.The early you start therapies the faster your kid will improve with age.These kids slowly improve with age .My 6 year old kid is on spectrum.He was diagnosed at age 3.We started therapies at age 3 and there is lot of improvement but still some challenges(no social skills and has some sensory issues) and we are working on it.Sending to India is not going to help.Only therapies will help

• In 2021, the CDC reported that approximately 1 in 44 children in the U.S. is diagnosed with an autism spectrum disorder (ASD), according to 2018 data.
    • 1 in 27 boys identified with autism
    • 1 in 116 girls identified with autism

Could n't agree more