Need suggestions on Autism

Varshith

exactly!! i think most of desis with young kids are feared for Autism now (1:44 with ratio), i know three kids who are autistic in our circle. My younger one is now 14 months, every day i started observing now him very closely. He points and if we ask for for stuff he gives and says ball and bird two words...he points to things if he needs anything... but i still have fear that there might be regression. when i checked with Ped at his 12 months appointment she said he is doing what he supposed to for now about regression she said they can see some signs of it at 12 months. every-time pediatrics well check-up shivers me...people here dont know about it and how early intervention can them..

2 minutes ago, newtoselenium said:

exactly!! i think most of desis with young kids are feared for Autism now (1:44 with ratio), i know three kids who are autistic in our circle. My younger one is now 14 months, every day i started observing now him very closely. He points and if we ask for for stuff he gives and says ball and bird two words...he points to things if he needs anything... but i still have fear that there might be regression. when i checked with Ped at his 12 months appointment she said he is doing what he supposed to for now about regression she said they can see some signs of it at 12 months. every-time pediatrics well check-up shivers me...people here dont know about it and how early intervention can them..

@idibezwada

In my opinion 18 months is too soon to determine autism. That too with covid restrictions, social interactions have reduced a lot and could have played a role.

as many people suggested, start sending ur kid to daycare and see how they interact with other kids. The best case scenario is that ur kid will behave normal like all other kids in the class(my prayers for this to happen) and worst case scenario being u get clarity.

if it helps, my second kid started saying few words at 14 months & totally forgot them at 17-18 months and picked them again at 2 years.  It happens. Dont stress about it.

other thing you can do is take ur kid to park/play area every day for atleast one hour and see how they play. Plz dont be over protective while they are playing. Its ok to fall few times.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, newtoselenium said:

As a parent, i totally understand ur feelings. The sooner u get over it, the better it is. Sometimes observing each and everything will result in just night mares. 
just make sure ur kid has social interactions with other kids.

32 minutes ago, Simple123 said:

nope bro... genetic test vuntadi ...adi emanna help avutudi emo

30 minutes ago, idibezwada said:

Bro...What educate yourself what autism is...Pregnancy appudu autism screening asalu unda?

Pregnancy appudu they do autism screening along with genetic testing. 

They measure the neck length and other abnormal parameters. For my relative they determined there is a high chance of autism for their baby during that screening only.

5 minutes ago, prabhudevafan said:

They measure the neck length and other abnormal parameters. For my relative they determined there is a high chance of autism for their baby during that screening only.

never heard bro... interesting ..please throw more details 

Brother you are in the sam eboat where we were in the month of Jan. Went to India for 5months and returned in december, ma vadi 2year visit kastha 2.4yrs ki vellamu. Right after doctor entered the room she said hi to my son and he didn't respond or gave a eye contact, desi doctor immediately said your son has autism. Oka two weeks wife was crying and naku online articles chaduvuthunte pichi leshindi. Doctor suggested another doctor for screening, but we were not satisfied with her as she just played for 5mins with my son and confirm chesindi.
And we called up county child help centers and asked for evaluation, we had three weeks time before the appointment and meanwhile TV plug kuda peekesa intlo anything else bytaki vellinaka mobile lo chusevadini. We constantly engaged him , took him out started training him motor skills and how to play with toys. When the day arrived the evaluator came home and he sat for 2hrs with my son and my son was completely normal with him, he gave a 3 page notes and we forwarded that to doctor. Doctor then called and said may be that day your child was sleepy or in some other mood. We will check back again at his 3yrs check up ani cheppindi.
First thing to do is no electronics engage as much as possible, weather baledu so took him to mall or kids play indoor games every day. Now he's just like other kid speech delay koddiga undi and he's improving a lot after sending to day school. 
My kid too didn't respond to his name and never brings anything to us when asked and wrong play with toys undedi, he is normal now . But i will tell you you have to be with him all the time, alone ga vadilesthe flapping or circles or other stuff chestharu. Nenu office two weeks off petti mari chusukunna and by god's grace that paid off.
Anything more PM me i can let you know.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, prabhudevafan said:

thats for down syndrome not for autism 

7 hours ago, testuser123 said:

Send him to India. He will talk more when he is with grand parents

not exactly same scenario, but maa relative oka abbayi speech delay undindi. This is back in 2001 - 2003 anukunta. Almost 4 years varaku sarigga matlade vadu kadu. Ippudu vintunna anni autism characteristics undevi. Parents moved to a new place and lost touch with the kid and their family. Not sure em chesaro kani

2 years back vinna, entrance exams crack cheyadam. Now MBBS cheshtunnadu ani. Felt so happy.

12 hours ago, Varshith said:

My kid is 21months old now and we visited doctor when he was 18months for his regular checkup and they asked us to fill some M-chart where there were some questions like is he responding to his name, Is he talking more than 4 words, Is he bringing the toys that you ask for, guesters etc., we replied no for most of the questions and his pediatrician suggested saint david's for Autism evaluation to get it confirmed and its of 12months waiting period so we didn't even try it and there were some gov services where someone come to our home and evaluate and train us by saying us to do improvements on how we learn the stuff to our kid but it was not useful for us since its again done by us so we  moved to AZ to see if there are any resources here and hunting for good services for his treatment, my son is good at motor skills like walking, running , jumping, climbing steps, climbing furniture's but he is not good at communication like he is not caring at all for what we talk or ask him or if someone who is pretty new for him he doesn't wants to play with them or even with other kids and he is only seeing us sometimes when we call his name and not all the times and he always watch corners in the room with his eyes corners and see all the sides as if someone is calling him from the walls and he responds to very small music and comes to tv or phone when its playing in fraction of seconds but he doesn't respond to us at all even if we call him multiple times, he started spinning rounds and laughing from past 3 days very frequently and always wants to play alone, We didn't know anything about autism or autism characteristics until we visited his 18months checkup and I was going through online forums, questions etc and found most of things what he had done past to 18months age also matched with my son's behaviour like making us opening box's or putting our fingers or hands to press some toys , was speaking some meaning words at the age of 13-15 and now he stopped and not talking even single word, speech delays, not exactly sure what is repetitive behaviors but he always want to play with toys in sameway and while sleeping he always put his bedsheet in his mouth to go to sleep kind of habit, Please suggest on how to deal with this to get him normal like other kids, Any suggestions groups or any help in any way is highly appreciated.

My kid used to get scared talking with strangers  .my kid still doesnot play with toys herself.  Bcos she got used to playing with us. That's not an issue at all . I got her evaluated by the county as well. But my kid talks a lot , responds well. Just get the kid involved in everything around you . Send the kid to swimming , karate. School.  Dance and everything.  They will mostly be fine.  

Also , when we were not sending her to daycare , with me and my wife working , the kid was neglected . My wife took a small break and the kid is back as usual . 

We started sending our kid to preschool again and she likes it . You will be fine brother 

54 minutes ago, prabhudevafan said:

thats for down syndrome... Autism can only be diagnosed by visual inspection...there is no away you can detect it through tests

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, Pandubabu said:

My kid used to get scared talking with strangers  .my kid still doesnot play with toys herself.  Bcos she got used to playing with us. That's not an issue at all . I got her evaluated by the county as well. But my kid talks a lot , responds well. Just get the kid involved in everything around you . Send the kid to swimming , karate. School.  Dance and everything.  They will mostly be fine.  

Also , when we were not sending her to daycare , with me and my wife working , the kid was neglected . My wife took a small break and the kid is back as usual . 

We started sending our kid to preschool again and she likes it . You will be fine brother 

No, this is not gonna help

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Autism is a spectrum… it varies from kids to kids… 

1. do you talk to him often? You have to keep talking to him whether he responds or not

2. Does he watch lot of tv and ipad? Does he need to watch something while eating food? You have to cut down on that.. TV and iPads cause lot of stimulation in their brains and they get addicted to it. They get used to doing certain things only if they get that stimulation. Also, it is only inward and they don’t learn how to express. 

3. Keep him around other kids all the time. Have play dates every day or as frequently as possible. Kid to kid interactions help a lot in learning to speak. 

12 hours ago, Varshith said:

My kid is 21months old now and we visited doctor when he was 18months for his regular checkup and they asked us to fill some M-chart where there were some questions like is he responding to his name, Is he talking more than 4 words, Is he bringing the toys that you ask for, guesters etc., we replied no for most of the questions and his pediatrician suggested saint david's for Autism evaluation to get it confirmed and its of 12months waiting period so we didn't even try it and there were some gov services where someone come to our home and evaluate and train us by saying us to do improvements on how we learn the stuff to our kid but it was not useful for us since its again done by us so we  moved to AZ to see if there are any resources here and hunting for good services for his treatment, my son is good at motor skills like walking, running , jumping, climbing steps, climbing furniture's but he is not good at communication like he is not caring at all for what we talk or ask him or if someone who is pretty new for him he doesn't wants to play with them or even with other kids and he is only seeing us sometimes when we call his name and not all the times and he always watch corners in the room with his eyes corners and see all the sides as if someone is calling him from the walls and he responds to very small music and comes to tv or phone when its playing in fraction of seconds but he doesn't respond to us at all even if we call him multiple times, he started spinning rounds and laughing from past 3 days very frequently and always wants to play alone, We didn't know anything about autism or autism characteristics until we visited his 18months checkup and I was going through online forums, questions etc and found most of things what he had done past to 18months age also matched with my son's behaviour like making us opening box's or putting our fingers or hands to press some toys , was speaking some meaning words at the age of 13-15 and now he stopped and not talking even single word, speech delays, not exactly sure what is repetitive behaviors but he always want to play with toys in sameway and while sleeping he always put his bedsheet in his mouth to go to sleep kind of habit, Please suggest on how to deal with this to get him normal like other kids, Any suggestions groups or any help in any way is highly appreciated.

Check your PM..