Need suggestions on Autism

Varshith

Don't overthink and don't blindly believe what doctors say for everything. 18 months ki don't expect much from kids. Some kids are possessive and they don't want to share or play with others. Just send to India for 6 months if your parents can look after your kid. You will be surprised with change.

8 hours ago, Varshith said:

My kid is 21months old now and we visited doctor when he was 18months for his regular checkup and they asked us to fill some M-chart where there were some questions like is he responding to his name, Is he talking more than 4 words, Is he bringing the toys that you ask for, guesters etc., we replied no for most of the questions and his pediatrician suggested saint david's for Autism evaluation to get it confirmed and its of 12months waiting period so we didn't even try it and there were some gov services where someone come to our home and evaluate and train us by saying us to do improvements on how we learn the stuff to our kid but it was not useful for us since its again done by us so we  moved to AZ to see if there are any resources here and hunting for good services for his treatment, my son is good at motor skills like walking, running , jumping, climbing steps, climbing furniture's but he is not good at communication like he is not caring at all for what we talk or ask him or if someone who is pretty new for him he doesn't wants to play with them or even with other kids and he is only seeing us sometimes when we call his name and not all the times and he always watch corners in the room with his eyes corners and see all the sides as if someone is calling him from the walls and he responds to very small music and comes to tv or phone when its playing in fraction of seconds but he doesn't respond to us at all even if we call him multiple times, he started spinning rounds and laughing from past 3 days very frequently and always wants to play alone, We didn't know anything about autism or autism characteristics until we visited his 18months checkup and I was going through online forums, questions etc and found most of things what he had done past to 18months age also matched with my son's behaviour like making us opening box's or putting our fingers or hands to press some toys , was speaking some meaning words at the age of 13-15 and now he stopped and not talking even single word, speech delays, not exactly sure what is repetitive behaviors but he always want to play with toys in sameway and while sleeping he always put his bedsheet in his mouth to go to sleep kind of habit, Please suggest on how to deal with this to get him normal like other kids, Any suggestions groups or any help in any way is highly appreciated.

As already said by everyone.. No need to panic. 

For the behaviors you mentioned above.. those are few classic symptoms. Even my kid has those symptoms.. 
For me, the main concern is loss of words.. He used to speak few words at the age of 13-15 months and slowly stopped talking those words. 

It's better to take out all the Electronic devices (TV, Ipad, Phone) & toys which makes sounds. 
Try to surround your kid with people/kids if possible.

Don’t panic.

Be careful when labeling it as ‘autism’. Speech delays ni autism anadam fashion ayipoyindhi ee madhya…

If its not true ‘autism’, then just give the kid sometime and provide good environment.

If its true autism, then take help from therapies, personal bonding help etc…

• Upvote 1

its good that you realized it in early stage.

corners chudatam, hysterical ga navadam, these are signs of autism.

if both the parents are working, okaru fulltime kid thone undandi, now your kid needs more time.

• Like 1

Don’t stress , but be diligent and alert . 

every kid is unique and every suggestion on this thread may or may not work out for you .  Try and see which works for you . 

and you have golden chance to take action because of kids age .

1 hour ago, Swatkat said:

Vadendhi paper lo fill chesinadani batti pampinchamantunadu

they check other stuff too like milestones and behavior during checkup.. OP just said that they filled it with NOs and that got the doctor concerned.

10 hours ago, Varshith said:

My kid is 21months old now and we visited doctor when he was 18months for his regular checkup and they asked us to fill some M-chart where there were some questions like is he responding to his name, Is he talking more than 4 words, Is he bringing the toys that you ask for, guesters etc., we replied no for most of the questions and his pediatrician suggested saint david's for Autism evaluation to get it confirmed and its of 12months waiting period so we didn't even try it and there were some gov services where someone come to our home and evaluate and train us by saying us to do improvements on how we learn the stuff to our kid but it was not useful for us since its again done by us so we  moved to AZ to see if there are any resources here and hunting for good services for his treatment, my son is good at motor skills like walking, running , jumping, climbing steps, climbing furniture's but he is not good at communication like he is not caring at all for what we talk or ask him or if someone who is pretty new for him he doesn't wants to play with them or even with other kids and he is only seeing us sometimes when we call his name and not all the times and he always watch corners in the room with his eyes corners and see all the sides as if someone is calling him from the walls and he responds to very small music and comes to tv or phone when its playing in fraction of seconds but he doesn't respond to us at all even if we call him multiple times, he started spinning rounds and laughing from past 3 days very frequently and always wants to play alone, We didn't know anything about autism or autism characteristics until we visited his 18months checkup and I was going through online forums, questions etc and found most of things what he had done past to 18months age also matched with my son's behaviour like making us opening box's or putting our fingers or hands to press some toys , was speaking some meaning words at the age of 13-15 and now he stopped and not talking even single word, speech delays, not exactly sure what is repetitive behaviors but he always want to play with toys in sameway and while sleeping he always put his bedsheet in his mouth to go to sleep kind of habit, Please suggest on how to deal with this to get him normal like other kids, Any suggestions groups or any help in any way is highly appreciated.

Pregnancy appudu autism screening cheyinchava bro? 

Autism is real, first step in the process is to accept it as it is a very long term process. Your kids needs help and it is better to start as early as possible. Contact near by behavioral pediatricians/phycologists and get on their waitlists.  start with early intervention, ABA. OT, ST as required and every kid is different as ASD is a spectrum/range of abilities. PM me for more details.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, prabhudevafan said:

Pregnancy appudu autism screening cheyinchava bro? 

Bro...first educate yourself what autism is...Pregnancy appudu autism screening asalu unda?

1 hour ago, reality said:

Don’t panic.

Be careful when labeling it as ‘autism’. Speech delays ni autism anadam fashion ayipoyindhi ee madhya…

If its not true ‘autism’, then just give the kid sometime and provide good environment.

If its true autism, then take help from therapies, personal bonding help etc…

dude...its not just the speech delay the kid has

try to keep ur kid out of running nose or cold.

because if nose is not clear, his ears wont work properly and wont hear properly when u say or what you guys are speaking..  hence speech delay ayidi..... 

this may not be the solution but what I experienced with my kid..