Is it worth/foolish to do masters at 31?

Dilli_Mavayya

I have 9 years of IT experience. Currently working in Hyderabad.

2 times employers vesaru H1 but pick avvaledhu, I have also tried through consultancy avi kooda pick avvaledhu.

Elagaina US ravali ani F1 option pick cheskuntunna but is it worth doing at this age? MS em passion tho chadavalani aithe kadhu its just to enter US.

I am already a post graduate student. Will it affect my chances of getting an admission?

3 minutes ago, Dilli_Mavayya said:

2 times employers vesaru H1 but pick avvaledhu, I have also tried through consultancy avi kooda pick avvaledhu.

Elagaina US ravali ani F1 option pick cheskuntunna but is it worth doing at this age? MS em passion tho chadavalani aithe kadhu its just to enter US.

I am already a post graduate student. Will it affect my chances of getting an admission?

Do it. No matter what people say, F1 H1 J1 or whatever visa it is, is just a entry to usa to have a better quality of life. But prepare not to marry for atleast 2 years

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DesiPokiri said:

Do it. No matter what people say, F1 H1 J1 or whatever visa it is, is just a entry to usa to have a better quality of life. But prepare not to marry for atleast 2 years

I am already married. My wife recently started working in IT.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Dilli_Mavayya said:

PM I can help next year H1 sure shot pick and sure shot stamping cc @Beetbob123

2 minutes ago, DesiPokiri said:

What’s your plan for your wife then?

Planning to bring her in my OPT period once I get a full time job. Is that fine?

I guess there are some rules for spouse to work. How long she needs to wait to be eligible? Can I PM you on this?

3 minutes ago, NlCKERNAIDU said:

PM I can help next year H1 sure shot pick and sure shot stamping cc @Beetbob123

ikkada Hyd lo anthe chepparu bro vallu kooda. Anyways if i drop on this F1, will surely check with you.

1 minute ago, Dilli_Mavayya said:

ikkada Hyd lo anthe chepparu bro vallu kooda. Anyways if i drop on this F1, will surely check with you.

Thank you 

40 minutes ago, Dilli_Mavayya said:

Bro , I have seen 40+ and 50+  people here doing MS , your age is very less

our folks are usually stuck up on age , ee age ki masters , ee age ki pelli , ee age ki pillalu etc , live your own life man ,

don't care about what others think , you still have a good 25-30 years career so investing in Masters for 1-2 years is a good investment..

having said that ,  I also want to warn you that the road you are choosing is a long and difficult road , next 2-3 years will be difficult with staying away from family , spending all the money you earned or taking loans , working part time , studying and jobs etc , oka rakam ga cheppalante doola teeripotundi

also , do you know that once you come here , neeku I-140 eppudu ravali and GC eppudu ravali (with current backlog GC could take several decades) , If you are already aware of all these and still want to come to US then sure , as long as you know whats ahead don't think about age..

If you are considering masters for immigration also consider Canada , Australia , Germany etc , you will have chances to get PR faster

do research and plan well , good luck to you

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Peddayana said:

Bro , I have seen 40+ and 50+  people here doing MS , your age is very less

our folks are usually stuck up on age , ee age ki masters , ee age ki pelli , ee age ki pillalu etc , live your own life man ,

don't care about what others think , you still have a good 25-30 years career so investing in Masters for 1-2 years is a good investment..

having said that ,  I also want to warn you that the road you are choosing is a long and difficult road , next 2-3 years will be difficult with staying away from family , spending all the money you earned or taking loans , working part time , studying and jobs etc , oka rakam ga cheppalante doola teeripotundi

also , do you know that once you come here , neeku I-140 eppudu ravali and GC eppudu ravali (with current backlog GC could take several decades) , If you are already aware of all these and still want to come to US then sure , as long as you know whats ahead don't think about age..

If you are considering masters for immigration also consider Canada , Australia , Germany etc , you will have chances to get PR faster

do research and plan well , good luck to you

Good post

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, mirchi_bajji said:

pelli ayyinda? nuvvu chadivi job vachesariki 34 avthundi emo. chusko...

He may work on somebody’s else payrolluuuu and take cash. It all depends on how he can manage though. It’s not that hard as it sounds if he finds right connections

2 minutes ago, veerigadu said:

He may work on somebody’s else payrolluuuu and take cash. It all depends on how he can manage though. It’s not that hard as it sounds if he finds right connections

go-crazy-go-stupid.gif