Lost pretty much everything in divorce (California). Planning to move to Dallas, is it worth it?

falconspyder

I work as an eng manager in FAANG companies in the Bay area and have ~14-16yrs exp. Recently lost pretty much everything including 401k due to heated divorce (California) despite short term marriage and no kids.

I was talking to a friend in Dallas and it feels like it's a more relaxed and better lifestyle over there compared to the Bay area and most of the houses are looking like resorts. I'm pretty much restarting my life from scratch, does it make sense to move to Dallas?

Folks who moved to Dallas, how is it over there? How is your lifestyle in Dallas compared to Bay area.

I worked for FAANG entire career and also currently doing an executive MBA from
Wharton. Will my career stagnate if I relocate to Dallas?

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, falconspyder said:

I work as an eng manager in FAANG companies in the Bay area and have ~14-16yrs exp. Recently lost pretty much everything including 401k due to heated divorce (California) despite short term marriage and no kids.

I was talking to a friend in Dallas and it feels like it's a more relaxed and better lifestyle over there compared to the Bay area and most of the houses are looking like resorts. I'm pretty much restarting my life from scratch, does it make sense to move to Dallas?

Folks who moved to Dallas, how is it over there? How is your lifestyle in Dallas compared to Bay area.

Sorry to hear bayya ,Try to go Austin almost all faang presence undi, but single antunav kabati bay area has many things to do unde iddaru mugguri ki resort priority kadu bro , you know better good luck bro

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, falconspyder said:

Try Austin, not dallas

Dallas is good for family people as there isn’t much to do if you are a bachelor. Most of the life style there involves family gatherings- cook, eat, drink and movies

Unless you are associated with Telugu  associations or friends settled there  you will be bored.

but look at the bright side, you have no baggage attached, you are free to go anywhere, I would suggest explore few places and live there for few months before you plan to settle down. Generally people who settled in the Bay will find extremely difficult to settle else where in the states

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, falconspyder said:

Bhayyo ballgames koda 100% pola .. max 50% for them. Danike motham how possible? Enlgight dB unless no so they tc.

11 minutes ago, AverageDesiGuy said:

WFH and travel for next 1 year dude.

Details ishte blind lo koda manode post chesadu anochu details chepaka pothay copy cat anthe

6 hours ago, falconspyder said:

Issues ekkada start ayyayi, suit trials ela jarigayi, nuvvu antha endhuku samarpinchukovalsi ochindi, konchem detailed ga cheppu bhayya, then you'll get perfect solution for the next in your life, coz ikkada db lo andharam pandipoye unnam, just paint vesam anthe, matter motham chepthe ilaanti situation ki right solution/next steps or others experiences kuda share chestharu, you'll get an idea whats next.

• Upvote 1