Lost pretty much everything in divorce (California). Planning to move to Dallas, is it worth it?

falconspyder

12 minutes ago, anna_vendy said:

Details ishte blind lo koda manode post chesadu anochu details chepaka pothay copy cat anthe

Ardam Kaledu bruh!

8 hours ago, falconspyder said:

I work as an eng manager in FAANG companies in the Bay area and have ~14-16yrs exp. Recently lost pretty much everything including 401k due to heated divorce (California) despite short term marriage and no kids.

I was talking to a friend in Dallas and it feels like it's a more relaxed and better lifestyle over there compared to the Bay area and most of the houses are looking like resorts. I'm pretty much restarting my life from scratch, does it make sense to move to Dallas?

Folks who moved to Dallas, how is it over there? How is your lifestyle in Dallas compared to Bay area.

I worked for FAANG entire career and also currently doing an executive MBA from
Wharton. Will my career stagnate if I relocate to Dallas?

Blind post bling ga 10nav ga

8 hours ago, falconspyder said:

I work as an eng manager in FAANG companies in the Bay area and have ~14-16yrs exp. Recently lost pretty much everything including 401k due to heated divorce (California) despite short term marriage and no kids.

I was talking to a friend in Dallas and it feels like it's a more relaxed and better lifestyle over there compared to the Bay area and most of the houses are looking like resorts. I'm pretty much restarting my life from scratch, does it make sense to move to Dallas?

Folks who moved to Dallas, how is it over there? How is your lifestyle in Dallas compared to Bay area.

I worked for FAANG entire career and also currently doing an executive MBA from
Wharton. Will my career stagnate if I relocate to Dallas?

Bhayya to be honest, you are talking about career which is not possible in texas. Bay Area is best. If you switch gears from career to desi life then texas

58 minutes ago, Vaampire said:

How can u loose 100%?

58 minutes ago, Vaampire said:

How can u loose 100%?

Will do a detailed post in the evening. 

Here is the summary, in California 50% divorce settlement is a pure myth. Due to Hug and Nelson formula all your grants before and during marriage are gone (ex-wife will get a cut from vests after seperation too) and most damaging thing judges in Bay area do is ordering Smith Ostler no matter what (for example, ex-wife is working in a tech company in Bay and makes $200k, have savings, have 10Cr worth properties in India, no kids, short term marriage).

What I had to deal with is spousal support (pre tax) + Smith Ostler (before tax) + divorce settlement (due to Hug/Nelson formula you'll keep giving money from vests even after separation). Ex-wife filed a restraining order (judges give restraining orders even for begging msgs as harassment) and she used that to bargain huge since I've a pending AOS application. Smith Ostler is the most damaging out of all and attorneys won't even tell you that.

Just the forensic accountant who combs through accounts and generate reports using various formulas mentioned above charged 60k-70k.

I personally feel not many ppl are aware how damaging California divorces are. Judges In Bay area behave as if they are sitting in a kangaroo court.

For a 15 month marriage, no kids, total damage is $1.4 to $1.8 million (after tax) or ~$3mill+ before tax.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 8

5 minutes ago, falconspyder said:

Here is the summary, in California 50% divorce settlement is a pure myth. Due to Hug and Nelson formula all your grants before and during marriage are gone (ex-wife will get a cut from vests after seperation too) and most damaging thing judges in Bay area do it ordering Smith Ostler no matter what (for ex, ex-wife is working in a tech company in Bay and makes $200k, have savings, have 10Cr worth properties in India, no kids, short term marriage).

What I had to deal with is spousal support (pre tax) + Smith Ostler (before tax) + divorce settlement (due to Hug/Nelson formula you'll keep giving money from vests even after separation). Ex-wife filed a restraining order (judges give restraining orders even for begging msgs as harassment) and she used that to bargain huge since I've a pending AOS application. Smith Ostler is the most damaging out of all and attorneys won't even tell you that.

Just the forensic accountant who combs through accounts and generate reports using various formulas mentioned above charged 60k-70k.

I personally feel not many ppl are aware how damaging California divorces are. Judges In Bay area behave as if they are sitting in a kangaroo court.

For a 15 month marriage, no kids, total damage is $1.4 to $1.8 million

Am pretty aure you married a white lady? Indian desi indian born and brought up ithey shock bro e db lonpellikanolllaki. Edhi okati mathram cheppu. Ne post dware konchem jagratha padtham parents name meedhane unchalemo

property e galiz mokalu epudu ela untayo telidhu.

Ela baristhunav bro intha torture asalu 15 months lo motham dobbesindhi. Sorry bro vintanike chaal sad ga undhi. Edho okati chey man. Dabbul poina ameki emi rakunda asalu e laws ento kinchem chepu bro. I know one lady restraining order techukunanu anadhi judge nunchi begging messages kuda threat lindha consider chesthara. Antey nuvvu sorry chepav kabatti you did some thing wromg ani teskuntaremo. Galeez kodukulu.  @Tomb__ayya please tag me emina response vasthey 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Swatkat said:

Am pretty aure you married a white lady? Indian desi indian born and brought up ithey shock bro e db lonpellikanolllaki. Edhi okati mathram cheppu. Ne post dware konchem jagratha padtham parents name meedhane unchalemo

Pelliki mundhu jagrattha padutunnava swatty

1 minute ago, DesiPokiri said:

Pelliki mundhu jagrattha padutunnava swatty

Thappadhu ga. I know the value of my freedom bro poyedhemi ledhu inkoti lekapothey late ina kastha satayinchedhi rakunda chuskovali. 

10 minutes ago, falconspyder said:

Here is the summary, in California 50% divorce settlement is a pure myth. Due to Hug and Nelson formula all your grants before and during marriage are gone (ex-wife will get a cut from vests after seperation too) and most damaging thing judges in Bay area do it ordering Smith Ostler no matter what (for ex, ex-wife is working in a tech company in Bay and makes $200k, have savings, have 10Cr worth properties in India, no kids, short term marriage).

For a 15 month marriage, no kids, total damage is $1.4 to $1.8 million (after tax) or ~$3mill+ before tax.

Poni tiyi kaka malli vastayi tension padaku start a new life

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Swatkat said:

Thappadhu ga. I know the value of my freedom bro poyedhemi ledhu inkoti lekapothey late ina kastha satayinchedhi rakunda chuskovali. 

Mana chethilo emuntadhi andhuke love marriage chesuko 

3 minutes ago, Swatkat said:

About girl - 100% Indian, Telugu, went to big schools in India, well connected political families, families are decently rich and properties. 

• Sad 4

1 minute ago, csrcsr said:

Poni tiyi kaka malli vastayi tension padaku start a new life

15 years 401k investment motham poindhanta bro. Kastapadi kudabettykunadu. Ela feel avthunado op.