Remember my name, it will became a sensation in india- says vijay devarakonda in mumbai

DesiPokiri

15 minutes ago, JambaKrantu said:

Lol you are thinking too much about him, dethrone anta scene ledu adiki.. I was a fan of him after Arjun Reddy, infact I had his photo for my DP for 3 years.. since then his on screen and off screen athi has really turned me off to the point that I can’t stand him for more than a few minutes anywhere.. if you think youth likes his athi his last 2 movies barely even crossed 10 cr gross collections in telugu states.. first you build a loyal base in your home state and then you try pan India. Jr NTR and Ram Charan utter flop movies collect more than 50 cr in the first weekend..

A quick google search tells that Dear Comrade did a gross of 37 crores. Agree it is a flop because it was sold for 40 cr. But it imdb shows a 7.3 rating which is damn good.

regarding worldfamouslover which is a major dud but still grosssed 30cr as per boxoffice reports

https://boxofficeupdates.com/world-famous-lover-box-office-collection-hit-or-flop/?amp=1

18 cr gross in first weekend as per TOI

https://m.timesofindia.com/entertainment/telugu/movies/box-office/world-famous-lover-box-office-vijay-deverakondas-film-is-heading-towards-a-disaster/amp_articleshow/74191147.cms

VD so far didn’t do a mass cinema or worked with commercial director, liger is the first production and also so far all his movies that he had done was signed prior to arjun reddy and after pelli choopulu. Technically Liger will be the first production he signed after arjun reddy

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

reminded of the time when sh1t stirrer silicon valley mogul Peter Thiel backed Donald Trump after the release of tapes, when he became untouchable for a while.

but for Thiel, it was a no-brainer. If Trump did lose, people will forget about it in a jiffy. But if Trump won, Thiel can be part of the inner circle (which really didn't work out as he planned).

movies are like that too. pure dumb luck. you put your best foot forward (including making a clown of yourself while selling it) and hope you hit the jackpot at the end.

Its not your day job.

VD's making a calculated risk to project himself in a particular way. If it doesn't work out, he can go back to doing a 1000 things he wants to, apart from movies. He doesn't really lose much. but the upside can be tremendous.

41 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

VD is paid to promote his films, and he's building a brand for himself in this process. vaadi brand nachinollu velli choostharu.

I don't like VD, neither do I watch his movies after watching a few scenes of that idiotic arjun reddy movie. but you can't deny he's popular, and has clicked among many.

I also think Rajamouli movies are unwatchable trash. antha maatraana evaru chooda kunda untaara avi?

Arjun reddy is a great movie ra jaffa telling @teddies of db to you

1 hour ago, Raven_Rayes said:

reminded of the time when sh1t stirrer silicon valley mogul Peter Thiel backed Donald Trump after the release of tapes, when he became untouchable for a while.

but for Thiel, it was a no-brainer. If Trump did lose, people will forget about it in a jiffy. But if Trump won, Thiel can be part of the inner circle (which really didn't work out as he planned).

movies are like that too. pure dumb luck. you put your best foot forward (including making a clown of yourself while selling it) and hope you hit the jackpot at the end.

Its not your day job.

VD's making a calculated risk to project himself in a particular way. If it doesn't work out, he can go back to doing a 1000 things he wants to, apart from movies. He doesn't really lose much. but the upside can be tremendous.

what abt suryakamtham

4 hours ago, SGB said:

It's the harsh realty of Bollywood and nativity in any region. They don't accept people from south like we accept actresses from north.

If Akshay Kumar or the fat piggy heroes from TN, KN, Kerala act in telugu movies, how many of us will watch them and for how long? If Udit Narayan sings telugu songs, how many of us can take it for how long? The great Mohd Rafi and Lata could not scratch the surface of tollywood music when achieving success was so easy in those days. People should stick to their niche region for organic success (MB is smart in this area and sticks to tollywood)

lol I dont think they even tried to scratch the surface of tollywood , reality chooskunte em avasaram vaallaki asala 

5 hours ago, SGB said:

Hindi kuda sariga raani ee illiterate oorodiki over expectations unnai

Kamal Hasan, Prabhas, Jaya Prada, Sridevi, Venkatesh and even RGV could not scratch the surface of Bollywood

Bollywood is a different world.

anduke nathi role ichadu ankunta puri gadu , veedi hindi diction ni cover cheytani

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, NotSoBusy said:

lol I dont think they even tried to scratch the surface of tollywood , reality chooskunte em avasaram vaallaki asala 

They did a few songs in Telugu just as they sang in many other languages. They could have continued in Telugu for more income but they and the industry knew it would not work due to lack of nativity.

1 hour ago, SGB said:

They did a few songs in Telugu just as they sang in many other languages. They could have continued in Telugu for more income but they and the industry knew it would not work due to lack of nativity.

Telugu lo there were other well established singers who were better than Rafi or Lata. So even they knew that they won't really rule in Telugu the way they would have wanted to 

• Upvote 2