Is India advancing fast like the xlife episode in pitta kathalu or is it just normal like in 2013? What are the differences between 2013 IndiA AND 2022 India? Are there any improvements in cleanliness, technology, people behavior, pollution, surroundings?

Bajanabatch

9 hours ago, Bajanabatch said:

I mean why is it only white people and Asians countries like England, USA, Malaysia, Singapore etc., are so clean and advanced but not India?? What's wrong with Indians and India? How long does it take for the things to be sorted out in India?

I think those country's  govts have succeeded to meet the basic needs of people, in india govts give freebies with pride instead of providing resources for new employment opportunities, religion based politics, blame game politics, people tax money management is not good, corruption and also mindset of people need to change.

todays ##aaassskkttrrr - basic amenities drainage, water and roads not met in pragathinagar colony for 1000 families, work pending for almost 4 years now

But what would be basic expectations from a govt ?

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Bajanabatch said:

China is more populated than India and it's better than India

Kind of dictatorship helped them - oka 20-30 yrs back China kuda inthakantey worst ga vundhi.  

I will give my report soon. visiting india in couple of months after 7 years. Here are my parameters :

a) mid 90s - it took me as kid 20 mins to travel from sr nagar area to mehdipatnam area in scooter or ambassador car. i will see if it takes any faster now

b) mid 90s we used to sleep on balcony above - no issues with traffic noise- and this is in sithaphalmandi area by the way. No pollution. lets see if it is possible at all.

c) till early 2000s it was possible for kids to play on inside roads in colonies in madhura nagar etc. let me check if i can still see middle class kids on any roads - playing freely. or whether they even have substitues.

d) On health kids used to be thin and healthy. let me check how they are now.

e) never heard of anything called as telangana sentiment there - and thats even in villages. now ofcourse too much happened anyway. A disaster. I know how andhra people helped many of their telangana caste brethern to win votes.

f) No outages in early 2000. maybe still same. let me see.

g) Metro liner and anotehr metro bus used to be really good. will check. But even in 2015 i did not see buses getting too full. too many bikes and cars on roads.

h) caste was strong then and i expect it to be worser now.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Telugodura456 said:

I will give my report soon. visiting india in couple of months after 7 years. Here are my parameters :

a) mid 90s - it took me as kid 20 mins to travel from sr nagar area to mehdipatnam area in scooter or ambassador car. i will see if it takes any faster now

b) mid 90s we used to sleep on balcony above - no issues with traffic noise- and this is in sithaphalmandi area by the way. No pollution. lets see if it is possible at all.

c) till early 2000s it was possible for kids to play on inside roads in colonies in madhura nagar etc. let me check if i can still see middle class kids on any roads - playing freely. or whether they even have substitues.

d) On health kids used to be thin and healthy. let me check how they are now.

e) never heard of anything called as telangana sentiment there - and thats even in villages. now ofcourse too much happened anyway. A disaster. I know how andhra people helped many of their telangana caste brethern to win votes.

f) No outages in early 2000. maybe still same. let me see.

g) Metro liner and anotehr metro bus used to be really good. will check. But even in 2015 i did not see buses getting too full. too many bikes and cars on roads.

h) caste was strong then and i expect it to be worser now.

keep us updated bro wish u a very happy journey

1 hour ago, nagchiru said:

I just returned from Hyderabad, Was there for 1 month. It has been 9 years since the last time I visited. Here are my observations.

1) The city has expanded in all directions, population has increased drastically.

2) People are mostly confined to the areas they live, unlike in the past you don't need to go to a certain part of the city to get certain things. Eg: for buying clothes no need to go to patny/abids/koti/ameerpet etc. Everything is available everywhere.

3)No power cuts and public (municipal) water issues.

4) Several food options as there are lots of new restaurants. You can get all types of food. American fast food chains are everywhere. People are eating outside a lot. I felt that the quality of cheaper/not well established places has gone down. The small road side vendors and shops are the worst. Unfortunately, for them to keep the cost low they are doing all kinds of shady things. 

5) Too much traffic - Traffic throughout the day, throughout the city is unbearable.  

6) Metros are excellent. It took me 45 min to commute by Metro vs 2 hrs by car.

7) Air pollution and noise pollution have definitely gone up.

8 ) Apartments have become expensive, in several places the starting cost is well over 1 cr.

9)  I felt that people have become more conscious about cleanliness, especially the younger generation. However, there is still a long way to go.

10) People are not that nosy and are minding their own business. This, again refreshing to see.

11) Technology usage has gone up because of cheap phones and phone services. Children are glued to their phones.

Also, felt that human interaction, especially with neighbors, extended family has gone down.

12) Almost every house has a car now, which is a huge plus for the family and not for the environment. Uber and Ola service is affordable and a blessing for people visiting the city. I was able to travel a lot.  Driving sucks, everyone is in a rush.

13) People are traveling a lot more. Highways  are excellent.  Several people mentioned how they are traveling to tirupati, banglore, chennai etc.. by car instead of trains or busses. Air travel has also gone up as it is affordable for the middle class as well.

14) No public restrooms.

15) Night life is much better. Lots of new malls, pubs and eateries are on par with any city in the world.

16) Schooling has become very expensive, and there is extreme competition, I am not sure how the kids are coping up with that pressure. Regular local schools don't even have playgrounds. I felt sad for the kids. They are either confined to their schools or to their apartments.

17) Lots of new hospitals everywhere, but they are very expensive. I had to take my kid to a children's hospital and for the 10 min visit they charged me Rs.800. Healthcare is not affordable to the middle class if you they don't have insurance and private hospitals are charging a lot.  Aliments like high blood pressure, diabetes, high cholesterol, heart and liver diseases are very high in the 35+ age group now. Lots of cancer cases as well.

18) Everything is expensive now, a night out with a few friends will set you back 10k. Movie and dinner nights for a family of 4 will easily set you back 5k.

1) neutral - just pop increase 

2) neutral -again a matter of pop incrase. in olden days too veggies/chicken/mutton shops and kirana stores wwere everywhere and thats what people bought. even new clothes is once or twice a year thing. now with more people it is profitable to put stores in nearby. I am sure with increased traffic, going to local stores is as tiresome as going to abids/paradise before.

3)neutral -power cut and water issues late 90s and early 2000s lo kooda levu. There is no guarantee it wont happen again

4) bad -unfortunate cheaper stalls quality is gone down. real development means locals are able to upgrade their shops. by locals i mean the average business guy not some famous paradise biryani gatra.

5)bad

6) good- but metro is only some 70 kms route till now

7)bad

8)bad

9) neutral- cleanliness was there before also ba. maybe now adays old city is also clean - i dont know.

10) neutral -no comments

11) good - thanks to china for cheap telecom gear

12) neutral -cars will increase with pop. The question is has average speed increased ? is it easier to drive now ?

13) neutral - again - the real parameter is if train tickets are available in a day or two - not 15 days to one month before as it used to be. also if average travel time decreased.

14)bad

15) good maybe good if prices are reasonable

16)bad

17) good

18) neutral

1 minute ago, Telugodura456 said:

2) neutral -again a matter of pop incrase. in olden days too veggies and kirana stores wwere everywhere and thats what people bought. even new clothes is once or twice a year thing. now with more people it is profitable to put stores inn earby. I am sure with increased traffic going to local stores is as tiresome as going to abids/paradise before.

3)neutral -power cut and water issues late 90s and early 2000s lo kooda levu. There is no guarentee it wont happen again

4) badunfortunate cheaper stalls quality is gone down. real development means locals are able to upgrade their shops. by locals i mean the average business guy not some famous paradise biryani gatra.

5)bad

7)bad

8)bad

9) neutral- cleanliness was there before also ba. maybe now adays old city is also clean - i dont know.

10) neutral -no comments

12) neutral -cars will increase with pop. The question is has average speed increased ? is it easier to drive now ?

13) neutral - again - the real parameter is if train tickets are available in a day or two - not 15 days to one month before as it used to be. also if average travel time decreased.

14)bad

16)bad

17) good

18) neuttral

i gave -1 for bad, 0 for neutral, +1 for good. Overall score  -2. so drop in living standards.

India is a piece of sh1t nation that I will use only to exploit for my financial benefit.

I'm never ever going to live in that hellhole. I don't care if it vaporizes tomorrow. fcuking disgusting country. disgusting people.

16 minutes ago, Telugodura456 said:

2) neutral -again a matter of pop incrase. in olden days too veggies/chicken/mutton shops and kirana stores wwere everywhere and thats what people bought. even new clothes is once or twice a year thing. now with more people it is profitable to put stores in nearby. I am sure with increased traffic, going to local stores is as tiresome as going to abids/paradise before.

3)neutral -power cut and water issues late 90s and early 2000s lo kooda levu. There is no guarantee it wont happen again

4) bad -unfortunate cheaper stalls quality is gone down. real development means locals are able to upgrade their shops. by locals i mean the average business guy not some famous paradise biryani gatra.

5)bad

7)bad

8)bad

10) neutral -no comments

14)bad

16)bad

17) good

18) neutral

typical uppercaste person's view.

average speed on roads is never gonna increase. No amount of infra addition (which is itself a huge bottleneck both policy wise, and cost wise) is going to make car traffic better. It has not been shown anywhere that it has.

metro is sh1t. subsidized upperclass  transit that is running under loss. No idea why L&T is still holding on to this.

mumbai chennai locals carry fish, live animals in their trains, metro is only for people who already own a car, but want to get to their destination without driving. only minimal utility for $10b investment. worst investment ever, after the airport.

I dont know how people traveling in metro justify to themselves that its good. They are literally leeching off others who have to get by metropolitan buses that are investment starved and crowded in peak times.

I've had one genius in Chennai claim that the 1lakh cr for chennai metro is justifiable, coz its just 1lakh investment per person over 15yrs. and the top 10% who only can afford to travel in these deserve it, coz they pay 90% of the taxes anyway.

this is why I'm disgusted with India. Public policy discussions in India are dominated by these assholes who want amaravati, metro and snazzy airports, and not something that actually benefits the majority.

18 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

India is a piece of sh1t nation that I will use only to exploit for my financial benefit.

I'm never ever going to live in that hellhole. I don't care if it vaporizes tomorrow. fcuking disgusting country. disgusting people.

I am sorry that you had such a bad experience.  Hope you find peace in some other country. All the best.

25 minutes ago, Telugodura456 said:

i gave -1 for bad, 0 for neutral, +1 for good. Overall score  -2. so drop in living standards.

Hyd metro carries what 3-4lk people per day?

how many people do Hyd buses carry? 35lakhs/day.

3 minutes ago, nagchiru said:

I am sorry that you had such a bad experience.  Hope you find peace in some other country. All the best.

thanks. I wish I don't come across 'proud Hindu' 'Indian nationalist' types in that country. I may have to fcuk them to restore natural balance towards good for the humanity.

If India just makes it legal to *** vandalize cars parked on roads, that small adjustment in policy is enough for me to start loving India.

then we can move from there, and start zoning and developing good multi modal transport (including few cars) for cities.

Just now, Raven_Rayes said:

thanks. I wish I don't come across 'proud Hindu' 'Indian nationalist' types in that country. I may have to fcuk them to restore natural balance towards good for the humanity.

That's another thing I observed, there are lots of "nationalists" and fake religious leaders.