Is India advancing fast like the xlife episode in pitta kathalu or is it just normal like in 2013? What are the differences between 2013 IndiA AND 2022 India? Are there any improvements in cleanliness, technology, people behavior, pollution, surroundings?

Bajanabatch

7 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

typical uppercaste person's view.

average speed on roads is never gonna increase. No amount of infra addition (which is itself a huge bottleneck both policy wise, and cost wise) is going to make car traffic better. It has not been shown anywhere that it has.

metro is sh1t. subsidized upperclass  transit that is running under loss. No idea why L&T is still holding on to this.

mumbai chennai locals carry fish, live animals in their trains, metro is only for people who already own a car, but want to get to their destination without driving. only minimal utility for $10b investment. worst investment ever, after the airport.

I dont know how people traveling in metro justify to themselves that its good. They are literally leeching off others who have to get by metropolitan buses that are investment starved and crowded in peak times.

I've had one genius in Chennai claim that the 1lakh cr for chennai metro is justifiable, coz its just 1lakh investment per person over 15yrs. and the top 10% who only can afford to travel in these deserve it, coz they pay 90% of the taxes anyway.

this is why I'm disgusted with India. Public policy discussions in India are dominated by these assholes who want amaravati, metro and snazzy airports, and not something that actually benefits the majority.

There are several countries which meticulosly measure commuting time and work to reduce it.

Chennai metro is indeed $hit with fancy underground stations and lines with low patronage. Hyd metro was far cheaper to build as everything is elevated and used existing roads - no new land costs. hyd metro was built for united ap. It would have done ok for the conditions it was built for. even now if not for corona it aint bad.

Hyd also has mrts - a clever scheme built by CBN at ultra low cost and hugely popular among poorer sections.

Amaravati was for poor people ra picchal. Farmers donated the land. you are a clueless fellow with nonsenscal hyper emotional "visceral hatred" for cbn.

legal to vandalize cars on road, and also remove mandatory car parking spots for high rises and homes.

builders won't even provide parking spots when they can make more money if they sell the space as another apartment. let people who really really hate to rub shoulders with the working class travel in cars. rest can walk, bike and take the bus.

hyd metro daily ridership is 3 laks. chennai metro is 1.6 laks. hyd metro was built in half the time chennai metro. it has 66 kms length as opposed to chennai's 45 kms.

Hyd MMTS is the cheapest to built at 50 kms network (used existing rail tracks) and had a peak ridership of 2.4 laks per dau.

2 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

legal to vandalize cars on road, and also remove mandatory car parking spots for high rises and homes.

builders won't even provide parking spots when they can make more money if they sell the space as another apartment. let people who really really hate to rub shoulders with the working class travel in cars. rest can walk, bike and take the bus.

Bhayya, you said you don't even care if India vaporizes tomorrow. Why are you wasting your time discussing India matters here?

2 minutes ago, Telugodura456 said:

hyd metro daily ridership is 3 laks. chennai metro is 1.6 laks. hyd metro was built in half the time chennai metro. it has 66 kms length as opposed to chennai's 45 kms.

Hyd MMTS is the cheapest to built at 50 kms network (used existing rail tracks) and had a peak ridership of 2.4 laks per dau.

Regardless of the economics, people of HYD have deep appreciation for the metro. Its better than spending on some stupid statues.

2 minutes ago, Telugodura456 said:

There are several countries which meticulosly measure commuting time and work to reduce it.

Chennai metro is indeed $hit with fancy underground stations and lines with low patronage. Hyd metro was far cheaper to build as everything is elevated and used existing roads - no new land costs. hyd metro was built for united ap. It would have done ok for the conditions it was built for. even now if not for corona it aint bad.

Hyd also has mrts - a clever scheme built by CBN at ultra low cost and hugely popular among poorer sections.

Amaravati was for poor people ra picchal. Farmers donated the land. you are a clueless fellow with nonsenscal hyper emotional "visceral hatred" for cbn.

Not just Chennai Metro, all metros in India are  $hit. Chennai metro is just $hittier than all of them.

Hyd metro carries how many dude? 3lkh/per day. its a laughable number. pointing to how chennai carries half of that is pointless, since its already established that Chennai is $hitty.

so Hyd has mrts, which is awesome. I agree.

If you think Amaravati is for poor people, I have a bridge to sell you. or you can have an informed debate with me on Amaravati. State your proposition (or I'll state mine) and take your time research and have a debate.

on cursory glance, I think Amaravati is a white elephant project that is gonna set the state back financially for many years and won't provide the benefit that it is claimed that it would. But I'm open to be proved wrong. I'll gladly change my view on it. It'll take me a month to read up on the stuff, coz I'm busy these days.

will you debate me? without whining like a baby? you are free to abuse, but whining is what annoys the fcuk out of me.

3 minutes ago, Telugodura456 said:

Chennai metro is $hit.. doesn't mean Hyd metro is awesome.

3lakhs/day is pathetic numbers. Hyderabad buses carry more than 10 times that amount.

1 minute ago, nagchiru said:

Regardless of the economics, people of HYD have deep appreciation for the metro. 

just the upperclass people. others can't travel in that metro.

it just makes the class divide in the city much starker and more open, and more acceptable.

Just now, Raven_Rayes said:

Not just Chennai Metro, all metros in India are  $hit. Chennai metro is just $hittier than all of them.

Hyd metro carries how many dude? 3lkh/per day. its a laughable number. pointing to how chennai carries half of that is pointless, since its already established that Chennai is $hitty.

so Hyd has mrts, which is awesome. I agree.

If you think Amaravati is for poor people, I have a bridge to sell you. or you can have an informed debate with me on Amaravati. State your proposition (or I'll state mine) and take your time research and have a debate.

on cursory glance, I think Amaravati is a white elephant project that is gonna set the state back financially for many years and won't provide the benefit that it is claimed that it would. But I'm open to be proved wrong. I'll gladly change my view on it. It'll take me a month to read up on the stuff, coz I'm busy these days.

will you debate me? without whining like a baby? you are free to abuse, but whining is what annoys the fcuk out of me.

you are utterly clueless about amaravati. you were shocked when i shared you the public data of all farmers who donated land. You rely on your hyper emotional caste grievances. ANd there is no way i can address that. AS you said you have "visceral hatred" for cbn but quiet chummy with a mass murdering party like congress and its rahul.

4 minutes ago, nagchiru said:

Bhayya, you said you don't even care if India vaporizes tomorrow. Why are you wasting your time discussing India matters here?

I want to abuse upper class indians.

1 minute ago, Raven_Rayes said:

Chennai metro is $hit.. doesn't mean Hyd metro is awesome.

3lakhs/day is pathetic numbers. Hyderabad buses carry more than 10 times that amount.

3 laks for 65 kms in not that bad. and you are ignorning it was built cheap.

Just now, Telugodura456 said:

you are utterly clueless about amaravati. you were shocked when i shared you the public data of all farmers who donated land. You rely on your hyper emotional caste grievances. ANd there is no way i can address that. AS you said you have "visceral hatred" for cbn but quiet chummy with a mass murdering party like congress and its rahul.

I was not shocked. i was amused to think that you thought that was an argument.

i'm inviting you to actually defend your proposition (after you make one) instead of all this handwaving bs.

I've already agreed that I don't know much about Amaravati, here in this thread and elsewhere. that's not the gotcha you think it is.

Just now, Raven_Rayes said:

just the upperclass people. others can't travel in that metro.

it just makes the class divide in the city much starker and more open, and more acceptable.

That's not true. I have seen only middle and lower middle class people using the metro.  

1 minute ago, Telugodura456 said:

3 laks for 65 kms in not that bad. and you are ignorning it was built cheap.

It was not built 'cheap'. It toook 18k cr to build the first 72kms. Chennai's took 23k cr.

only difference is Chennai's is owned by the state govt (a waste of public resources)

hyd's is owned by L&T (future NPA on the cards again a waste of public resources).