Passport updation in oci card

YD_RAJU

My kid got a new passport and I have submitted passport update in oci website. Status shows application accepted and is in process since last 3 weeks . Now I have to travel next week . Should I apply for  visitor visa ? What are my options here ? 

45 minutes ago, YD_RAJU said:

My kid got a new passport and I have submitted passport update in oci website. Status shows application accepted and is in process since last 3 weeks . Now I have to travel next week . Should I apply for  visitor visa ? What are my options here ? 

Yes apply evisa. Oci may take another 2,3 weeks…

48 minutes ago, YD_RAJU said:

My kid had OCI ( which was applied with his old passport). We travelled to India last year with his renewed passport. We haven't seen any issues.   

Note - I have realized that we need to apply OCI with his new passport only recently. ( and I'm yet to do it).

Just now, Whatsthis said:

My kid had OCI ( which was applied with his old passport). We travelled to India last year with his renewed passport. We haven't seen any issues.   

Note - I have realized that we need to apply OCI with his new passport only recently. ( and I'm yet to do it).

They didn’t raise any issue that passport in oci was expired ?

52 minutes ago, YD_RAJU said:

1 minute ago, Whatsthis said:

Same here.. carried both passports and immigration officer didn’t check anything 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, YD_RAJU said:

They didn’t raise any issue that passport in oci was expired ?

I think OCI by itself doesn't have any expiry. You can check the one you have.

11 minutes ago, LadiesTailor said:

Same here.. carried both passports and immigration officer didn’t check anything 

7 minutes ago, Whatsthis said:

I think OCI by itself doesn't have any expiry. You can check the one you have.

Thanks bro . So I don’t need to apply visitor visa correct ? 

2 hours ago, YD_RAJU said:

It takes 4–6 weeks

1 hour ago, Whatsthis said:

No need of new oci on passport renewal.

you have to update the new passport details on oci website and they will update in database.

3 hours ago, YD_RAJU said:

You can travel - I had similar experience so reached out to them. They said you can travel as long as you updated in the portal. 

3 hours ago, Picheshwar said:

It takes 4–6 weeks

3 hours ago, rey_amith said:

When I updated for my kid it took 6 weeks to receive final update email from them.

2 hours ago, ZoomNaidu said:

You can travel - I had similar experience so reached out to them. They said you can travel as long as you updated in the portal. 

Status showing application accepted . Vadi system lo Inka update avvaledu anukunta …so travel cheste accept chestada ani doubt ? 

3 hours ago, YD_RAJU said:

Status showing application accepted . Vadi system lo Inka update avvaledu anukunta …so travel cheste accept chestada ani doubt ? 

Adhi time paduthundhi, you should be good. Helpdesk ki mail cheyi , if needed you can show their response at Poe just in case.