Think Straight…

dasari4kntr

6 minutes ago, Swatkat said:

What is it about please post the link bro will buy.

It’s about practical thinking…

make a proper decision out of confusion..just like the figure on top of the book..

below is the bit info..about that book..

you can buy it in Amazon..

XYVbBl0.jpg

• Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, dasari4kntr said:

Buy it bro..it’s worth…

Buy chesina books epudu chadvala...Library nichi techinavi..ammo return time ochestundi ani chadiva :D

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, sarfaroshi said:

Buy chesina books epudu chadvala...Library nichi techinavi..ammo return time ochestundi ani chadiva :D

As long it’s book…instead of pdf…you will read it for sure one day…

if it is pdf ..it will stay somewhere in phone and laptop…we rarely open it.. or forget…

thats why i encourage buying books or lending from library…instead of pdfs…

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, dasari4kntr said:

As long it’s book…instead of pdf…you will read it for sure one day…

if it is pdf ..it will stay somewhere in phone and laptop…we rarely open it.. or forget…

thats why i encourage buying books or lending from library…instead of pdfs…

yes baa ...

earlier i used to read books ... but never completed them ... 15-20 books i read ... n left them after 2/3 or 3/4 th book was done ...

now i changed strategy ... reading books or novellas that are 100-150 pages ... such that it gives a pleasure kick when completed reading that book ...

i leave the book above toilet paper ... n i read when i am in toilet ... 2-3 times a day ... 10 minutes each ... so definitely competing 15-20 pages a day...

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, yoda123 said:

yes baa ...

earlier i used to read books ... but never completed them ... 15-20 books i read ... n left them after 2/3 or 3/4 th book was done ...

now i changed strategy ... reading books or novellas that are 100-150 pages ... such that it gives a pleasure kick when completed reading that book ...

i leave the book above toilet paper ... n i read when i am in toilet ... 2-3 times a day ... 10 minutes each ... so definitely competing 15-20 pages a day...

Good…

my case was also same…in initial days…

Then I changed my strategy as below…it working out pretty good…

If there is any book available in audio book format…then I buy audio book first and go to long drive (at-least 4-5 hour byway country roads) and listen that book…if audio book is so impressive then I buy the actual book for my notes and re-read few chapters …

If it is book…i do book walking in front of the house …or in house…

I never sit and read…you will get sleep or other distractions like phone…

1 hour ago, dasari4kntr said:

Good…

my case was also same…in initial days…

Then I changed my strategy as below…it working out pretty good…

If there is any book available in audio book format…then I buy audio book first and go to long drive (at-least 4-5 hour byway country roads) and listen that book…if audio book is so impressive then I buy the actual book for my notes and re-read few chapters …

If it is book…i do book walking in front of the house …or in house…

I never sit and read…you will get sleep or other distractions like phone…

good idea bro ....

another idea one of my friend told me was to read abridged version of the book.... and to make sure that kids also read the abridged versions of classics first ... n when they growing up pick up the habit of reading the classics larger books ...

there is a list called 'ivy league classics reading list' .... the belief is that reading these books will shape the student to develop as an all round personality .... n gives the much required insight to understand the world ...

https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/114125.Harvard_Classics

• Upvote 1

Finished reading it @dasari4kntr. Liked it. Thank you. 

Author used "I" too many times in the book though. I wish it was more generic. A third person examples would have been great though. Just my 2 cents. 

Overall, its a very good book. I liked how author emphasized on the role of details.

We often overlook details in life. Quite often we get carried away by the high level information. I'm guilty of this as well. I will be mindful of this here on. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1