One honest question?

hyperbole

14 minutes ago, argadorn said:

Brother you cheppinattu books lo unaty show me the temple where god  has beard and all ..  I am stopping here about this 

Atleast I read somewhere that for men, no Mustache or beard became a fashion  after Alexander owned up and made it look cool, his entourage sported the same, his conquest in north made it cool here as well. If you check Greek coins and statues before 300bc and after you will notice.

https://artemis-collection.com/the-origins-of-alexanders-tetradrachm/

so it depends when those statues are made, perception changes from time to time

Just now, hyperbole said:

For men, no Mustache or beard became a fashion  after Alexander owned up and made it look cool, his entourage sported the same, his conquest in north made it cool here as well. If you check Greek coins and statues before 300bc and after you will notice.

Vadika potti potato kukka chaav chachadu indian king chethilo.

26 minutes ago, Spartan said:

their character/face is defined by their virtues they did than actual how they look

Aha Na Pellanta Flight Comedy Bramhi GIF - Aha Na Pellanta Flight Comedy  Bramhi - Discover & Share GIFs ila klishtamina questions ki single line lo crisp gaa answers istav soodu..anduke baa nuvvante respect..

• Confused 1

29 minutes ago, hyperbole said:

This popped up after watching Adipursh trailer, Ramu ni ki messalu? Ravandu ki spike hawk hair cut?

how the movie industry brain washed our imagination, some condemn lord ram cannot have mustache? But why where it is described lord Ram didn’t sport a mustache. He was in the forest for 14 years, it is common sense to assume he had beard and mustache.

Telugu movies are better than that Bollywood rotta movies

2 minutes ago, hyperbole said:

For men, no Mustache or beard became a fashion  after Alexander owned up and made it look cool, his entourage sported the same, his conquest in north made it cool here as well. If you check Greek coins and statues before 300bc and after you will notice.

Yeah so what .. Hindu shilpaluu 20000 years back vi kuda unayi  Dantlo kuda beard lantivi leve .. my question is why we are talking I’ll about look of Hindu gods which is not shown anywhere in books or anywhere which Hindus are following 

9 minutes ago, argadorn said:

Yeah so what .. Hindu shilpaluu 20000 years back vi kuda unayi  Dantlo kuda beard lantivi leve .. my question is why we are talking I’ll about look of Hindu gods which is not shown anywhere in books or anywhere which Hindus are following 

Hindus did not worship idols until the advent of Buddhism and Jainism, there are no concept of idols, temples concept is something recent than we think.

Only symbol we might have worshipped is shiva lingam.

Even Rama is not depicted as god in Valmiki Ramayan but 2000 years later in Ramachitramanas he is depicted as god by Tulsidas

38 minutes ago, hyperbole said:

In all puranas bad guys are attributed as demonic, bad, muderers, cannibals etc..but they have divine powers blessed by lord Shiva, is this a convent factor in story narration or how can this be this such contradictory? How can evil minded demonic people even has such a divine mind  that exceeds the saints for Shiva to be impressed and bless them such formidable powers.

Even Ravana is a brahaman but he is portrayed such way he is shown demonic, conveniently  they called not a aryan Brahman, there are many instances as such.

same goes to how Hindu male gods are shown with feminine features with clean shaved (no mustache or beard), like eye brows done, pink lips and lot of gloss etc.

My take is  their character/face is defined by their virtues they did than actual how they looked

as per puranas...

read about kashyapa, diti and aditi...

9 minutes ago, argadorn said:

3-C15-DEBA-658-D-44-A6-9339-23-EEFE7428-

sculpture of ravana from 18th century. Check his mustache.

6 minutes ago, Swatkat said:

3-C15-DEBA-658-D-44-A6-9339-23-EEFE7428-

sculpture of ravana from 18th century. Check his mustache.

18th century is contemporary imo or not ancient like BC era 

No one has seen it but, our imaginations vary because the reality is remains unseen. Depicting the envisioned varies depending upon the context. Most often the vision is colored with symbolism like in this statue.

If you have to depict Osama Bin 10000 years later through some writings how would you depict him?

10 minutes ago, Swatkat said:

Valmiki ramayana mentioned ravan was of dark complexion.

Another argument Vishnu depicts blue color and hence all his avatars are also blue.

If you think about the context and reality, Ancient India andaru dark ee anukunta, even today 80% is dark complexion. North ollu debatable because of weather or alexdander and mogul conquest.  People living close to equator have dark complexion, as we move closer the darker it gets.

In general, the closer to the equator an individual lives, the higher the melanin content in their skin. White skin appeared only 20,000 to 50,000 years ago, as people migrated to cooler climates.

American Africans are lighter complexion compared to native Africans 

5 minutes ago, hyperbole said:

18th century is contemporary imo or not ancient like BC era 

No one has seen it but, our imaginations vary because the reality is remains unseen. Depicting the envisioned varies depending upon the context. Most often the vision is colored with symbolism like in this statue.

If you have to depict Osama Bin 10000 years later through some writings how would you depict him?

18th centyry people know better than us. But inwiltry to find out if we can get any ref from 10th centur or eveb before

Most rakshasss alias demons jathiii hate lord Vishnu since he betrayed/ killed them multiple times. It traces back to amrithaaam madhanam days. 

Due to this reason they had either lord Brahma or lord shiva as only options to obtain boons. 

Next, narasimha Swamy has beard. Also most saints and Rishi’s have beards. I don’t think you will see a lord Brahma picture without a beard ever. 

Lastly, we always worshipped idols. In addition to shivling, most shakthiiii peetaaams are idol based. Shakthiii peetamsss are one of the oldest temples in the world.