Masters --> 2Nd Masters(Incomplete) --> H1 Stamping

Rate this topic

Rangu Padidhi

[quote name='Rangu Padidhi' timestamp='1360645629' post='1303264329']

Thanks baa. Kanukuni cheppu.
Basic ga na pay 2012 lo as per W2 around 35k untadi. H1 started on Oct 1st. LCA lo 68K undi and it starts after my H1 starts kada. So ikkada question endhi ante, y is your pay less ani chusi, ma kufli lagali ani try chesi school midaki questions pothay ani doubt.
[/quote]

mostly lite ..

Emi adagaru.. just the reason for your stay during this period .. chupinchu..

Adigithey.. Better talk to an immigration lawyer once before u make it to the Interview and ask them all the questions..
ikkada memu cheppevi half and half knowledge.. legal gaa edina bisket untey headache..

All the Best..

I wouldn't say it was a easy interview, coz he covered almost all possible questions for my case. I will put down my experience which might help people quiet a bit.

It was a rainy day and cold outside. People who have plans to attend Visa in Vancouver be prepared for rains, carry an Umbrella and a winter Jacket on coz you stand outside for about 30mins - 1hr. No prob, you dont have to trash it, You can carry your umbrella upstairs with you to the Visa counter.

Fingerprint done and I was directed to counter 2. A guy with shaved head, spectacles and a bow tie was the VO

VO: Hi
Me: Good Morning, how r ya?
VO: Fine
Me: Handed over my 1797 and Passport with the token number I was given.
VO: How long have you been with you employer?
Me: X years
VO: Noted that on a piece of paper. Are you working at a client?
Me: Yes, X client
VO: Noted it on a paper. Where did you graduate from.
Me: x university
VO: What major
Me: CS Major
VO: Noted. When did you graduate.
Me : 2008 August.
VO : Noted and started typing. And he pulled my 797 and started to compare it will all the things he noted down on paper.
Me: Staring him with my mouth open.
VO: You have graduated in 2008 Aug and your H1 started in 2012 Oct !!! How long was your OPT??
ME: 29months.
VO: Wait, I am confused here (and was scratching his head. He literally did it.).
Me: I pick up and said, And before my OPT expired, I have attended X school for additional courses that can help my job and worked on CPT when I was taking courses in school.
VO: How long was the CPT?
ME : Do you mean how many months or hours?( I did not understand the question). It was for about 6- 8 months and 20hrs a week and my employer filed me H1 in April 2012.
VO: Okay, what school is it?
Me: X school.
VO: Again started looking at my 797... How long have you been with this client (Coz I have changed my client after H1 has started in Oct)
Me: 4Months.
VO: How long with previous client and who is it?
Me: 1 Yr and Y client
VO: Can you show me your LCA?
Me: Sure...
VO: Can you gimme your 2012 W2 and recent Paystubs
ME: Sure...
VO: Why is your pay less than the amount in the LCA.
Me: sorry, I have another W2 too ( I had two since I changed jobs). But still it is less than my pay on LCA, coz I became a fulltime employee recently in October when my H1 started.
VO: Okay. Can I see your file to see what you brought in today?
Me: Sure. I handed over my entire file of documents to him.
VO: He went through all the compartments of my file taking a glance at 6-7 compartments but spend some time going through the 2nd compartment which has my client letter.
Me: Staring again.
VO: started typing and asked what is the school name?
Me: X school
VO: Your visa is approved, collect it with loomis and you can track it here.
Me: Thank you. Have a nice day.

It was longer than other's interviews. He did ask everything he could. I kept the answers brief and straightforward. Coz dont try to convince him!!! Give him answers what he is asking for.
The only trick is, give your answers confidently and understandable. Everything will be fine.

• Upvote 1

[quote name='Rangu Padidhi' timestamp='1361572552' post='1303317441']
I wouldn't say it was a easy interview, coz he covered almost all possible questions for my case. I will put down my experience which might help people quiet a bit.

It was a rainy day and cold outside. People who have plans to attend Visa in Vancouver be prepared for rains, carry an Umbrella and a winter Jacket on coz you stand outside for about 30mins - 1hr. No prob, you dont have to trash it, You can carry your umbrella upstairs with you to the Visa counter.

Fingerprint done and I was directed to counter 2. A guy with shaved head, spectacles and a bow tie was the VO

VO : Noted and started typing. And he pulled my 797 and started to compare it will all the things he noted down on paper.
VO: You have graduated in 2008 Aug and your H1 started in 2012 Oct !!! How long was your OPT??
VO: Wait, I am confused here (and was scratching his head. He literally did it.).
Me: I pick up and said, And before my OPT expired, I have attended X school for additional courses that can help my job and worked on CPT when I was taking courses in school.
ME : Do you mean how many months or hours?( I did not understand the question). It was for about 6- 8 months and 20hrs a week and my employer filed me H1 in April 2012.
VO: Again started looking at my 797... How long have you been with this client (Coz I have changed my client after H1 has started in Oct)
Me: sorry, I have another W2 too ( I had two since I changed jobs). But still it is less than my pay on LCA, coz I became a fulltime employee recently in October when my H1 started.
VO: He went through all the compartments of my file taking a glance at 6-7 compartments but spend some time going through the 2nd compartment which has my client letter.

It was longer than other's interviews. He did ask everything he could. I kept the answers brief and straightforward. Coz dont try to convince him!!! Give him answers what he is asking for.
The only trick is, give your answers confidently and understandable. Everything will be fine.
[/quote]

congrats.....

[quote name='Rangu Padidhi' timestamp='1360623194' post='1303262088']
Aa title lo unnadi na paristhithi. Visa date daggara padthundi.
2nd masters join ayya, OPT aypoyaka. CPT paina work chesi, H1 vesa. Approved. Now visa interview, legs shakings. Help me with the possible questions, docs required, success/failure stories if anyone went through this.
Fleezee
[/quote]

Naadi same situation unde...Tea We U lo join ayyi CE PE TE work chesi H1 approve chepinchukunna. Vancouver lo interview ayyi 2 weeks ayyindi (basic questions adigi approve chesesadu). 2 days full happies and then return to America. Next comes immgration lolli..pichi pichi Q adigi correct status lo ippudu unnavu kaabatii pampistunnna ani USA loki enter kaanichadu. Full details kaavali ante contact number OR E-mail PM chei, will give you more details.

[quote name='Rangu Padidhi' timestamp='1361572552' post='1303317441']

[/quote]

Thank you very much bro..

I also got some similar situation to face soon. In my case.. I file for my H1 B on the last day of my OPT and I got it rejected on September 22nd.

I went for a Second masters during that Period and joined a new Consultancy and filed a new H1B without applying for a CPT. I need to prepare myself for all the questions for that period as I don't have any payslips for that period of stay..