VA vs Austin,TX

sharr

3 minutes ago, quickgun_murugun said:

Denver is home.. Dallas is office types kaka … Frisco lo unna prasthuthaniki .. trying to make it home!

Oh peddillu chinnillu concept anna maata kewl. Raytheon ki working aa kaka 

10 minutes ago, tennisluvrredux said:

Give me some examples baa, curious to know 

Work place lo worst culture, even thellollani kuda chada mingaru mana telugollu.

Inka community/neighbourhood lo living is like hell, mostly full of mana telugu santha, every minute peeping into others lives, jealousy/envy, segregation on caste lines, family events lo worst behavior and useless talk, least decency.

Chudhamanna ekkado oka thellodu kanabadathadu, manadhe rajyam annattu, ekkada kuda queue undadhu, literally shameless behavior, such queue cutting culture starts at elementary school bus boarding itself, akkadi nunde uggu palatho nerpistharu desi culture and sampradayam, bus ochina ventane gumpul gumpul pargetharu kids and parents. ye store lo, road meda, park lo office lo ekkadaa evvarni light smile tho kuda wish cheyaru, at least for formality being in America. And caste based hiring, support abboo odhu ley chepkuntu pothe

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Forgive_Me said:

Work place lo worst culture, even thellollani kuda chada mingaru mana telugollu.

Inka community/neighbourhood lo living is life hell, mostly full of mana telugu santha, every minute peeping into other lives, jealousy/envy, segregation on caste lines, family events lo worst behavior and useless talk, least decency.

Chudhamanna ekkado oka thellodu kanabadathadu, manadhe rajyam annattu, ekkada kuda queue undadhu, literally shamless behavious, such queue cutting culture starts at elementary school boarding, akkadi nunde uggu palatho nerpistharu desi culture and sampradayam, bus ochina ventane gumpul gumpul pargethadu kids and parents. ye store lo, road meda, park lo office lo ekkada evvarni lite smile tho kuda wish cheyaru, at least for formality being in America. And caste based hiring, support abboo odhu ley chepkuntu pothe

But Austin is different no

1 hour ago, sharr said:

All, need a suggestion. My employer has offices in Austin and Arlington,VA. I am planning to settle down in a place with my wife. No kids. We want to move to a place that has lots of outdoor activities.  No specifications regarding Indian crowd. What do you suggest? 

TIA

Easily VA, not even a contest.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, sharr said:

Tax and housing chuste tempting ga undi Austin ante. That's why asking.

Don't go by desi hype, I too wanted to move there and backed out after visiting. Current housing market in Austin is so hot, property taxes will nullify whatever advantage you have with no income taxes.

7 minutes ago, anna_gari_maata said:

But Austin is different no

2020 June varaku things were different 
Covid made the difference … it’s the worst city to move now !

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, sattipandu007 said:

Don't go by desi hype, I too wanted to move there and backed out after visiting. Current housing market in Austin is so hot, property taxes will nullify whatever advantage you have with no income taxes.

Smart boy … yeah fake real estate hype killed the city 

Didn't know VA has so many fans here...

It used to be the best of east coast... In terms of weather .. now that goes to NC IMO.

If you want to live American way of life, do outdoor stuff then VA is almost perfect. 

Avoid getting into Desi groups and move to locality with mixed population... Not that hard to do if you ask me. 

Even otherwise, you can easily live your own life with your own boundaries

4 minutes ago, hunkyfunky2 said:

What you mean by fake real estate hype

There was complete chaos during the second half of 2020 mainly from July 2020 .. some companies declared their head quarters to avoid California taxes and realtors hyped it like everything is moving to Austin and some people spent their hard earned money on that Mediocre city … now they are repenting for their foolishness .. no proper infrastructure, heavy traffic , worst medical facilities … heavy property taxes … 

Dont make the foolish mistake … let that city recover 

1 hour ago, sharr said:

All, need a suggestion. My employer has offices in Austin and Arlington,VA. I am planning to settle down in a place with my wife. No kids. We want to move to a place that has lots of outdoor activities.  No specifications regarding Indian crowd. What do you suggest? 

TIA

I'm from VA, my recommendation is Austin 1 weekend visit chesedanki mottham settle avvadam not a good logic.. arlington antunnav adaiathe dc pakkana museums tappa pedda ga em undav entha chusina hardly 1 month anthe.. only good part of these east side is you can drive easily to neighbor states neku opika undali kani every month u can drive to NY, Nj, Delaware, Maryland, PA ila oka 5-6 vesko.. VA lo state tx, yearly vehicle tax and housing are big disasters arlington aithe u can never buy a house in lifetime ashburn or herndon lo undali travel ki ne time ayipothundi.. 

39 minutes ago, Forgive_Me said:

Inka community/neighbourhood lo living is like hell, mostly full of mana telugu santha, every minute peeping into others lives, jealousy/envy, segregation on caste lines, family events lo worst behavior and useless talk, least decency.

Chudhamanna ekkado oka thellodu kanabadathadu, manadhe rajyam annattu, ekkada kuda queue undadhu, literally shameless behavior, such queue cutting culture starts at elementary school bus boarding itself, akkadi nunde uggu palatho nerpistharu desi culture and sampradayam, bus ochina ventane gumpul gumpul pargetharu kids and parents. ye store lo, road meda, park lo office lo ekkadaa evvarni light smile tho kuda wish cheyaru, at least for formality being in America. And caste based hiring, support abboo odhu ley chepkuntu pothe

Chadivi maanchi kammati feeling kaligindi brother, thanks for the description