Autism symptoms for kid

Renault

7 hours ago, Renault said:

did u give nemechek protocol for ur kid

no. His treatment did NOT include anysort of medications, no change in his diet except for reducing sugar intake. 

On 9/12/2022 at 5:45 AM, summer27 said:

@Renault - My kid had the same problem.

Symptoms included - No pointing, no eye contact, always crying, no mama, papa nothing zero verbal at the age of 22 months. He didn't play with other kids, not even with his elder brother. A few more symptoms as well which I can explain if you want to listen. We had just landed to US at that point and it was our first visit to pediatrician here. She was an old lady and observing his behaviour for about 5 min in the room, she suggested to get the autism evaluation done and go for the services that county has to offer.

Btw, for anyone who just looks from outside he looked like any normal kid. fortunately he was physically healthy, no problems there. So just like a lot of people in this DB, all our family & friends suggested either to ignore said he will grow up fine OR they suggested to go to India. 

My wife was in complete denial. It took a couple of months for me to digest the fact and I went ahead with evaluation.( Mainly because of two reasons - the therapies are non-medicinal & the services are almost free , I had nothing to lose)

Like people said here, evaluation and diagnosis took about 4-6 months. Having said that in hindsight it was a really good decision. 

Till kid turns 3 years old, our county ( I lived in San Diego at that time) offered ABA therapy speech and occupational that was 2 hours a day, 5 days a week. Therapist used to come home. Just like yours since we identified at around 24 months and the evaluation and diagnosis took another 5 months. This therapy started at the age of 29-30 months. Count offers free services only until kid turns 3.  After 3 years they moved him to a special needs school. So basically we got that ABA only for 5 months.

But since my insurance covers ABA, I had the therapy continued even though he was going to special needs school (actually even in school they get these therapies and teaching). So it was like mornings therapy in school, afternoons therapy at home.

Note the two factors that are important - Early intervention (start the therapy at very early age) and second keep it intense, never relax until kid achieves the smaller goals.

We haven't travelled anywhere - no trips, no india visits for 6 years, just to make sure there are no breaks in his therapy. I didn't change my job (that sucked to its core) because I didn't want to relocate. Lots of compromises. You and your spouse should talk and understand and stand by each other through out the process..

Just to let you know, my kid is now in 3rd grade. He goes to normal school and has recovered about 98%. There are a couple of minor issues which we are still working but those are minor quirks and I am sure he will be fine.

Let me know if you need any more details..

So it took almost 5 yrs to recover? How is his speech now? 

10 minutes ago, Renault said:

So it took almost 5 yrs to recover? How is his speech now? 

Yes 5 yrs to recover. Not just his speech, in other aspects also now he is very good. 

2 hours ago, Simple123 said:

1 yr lopu kids ni ela observe cheyyli ?

Just make more time spend more time man — all set — i am not saying all these problems are because of that but most of them need to spend more time with kids right from 6months especially —- 

• 2 months later...

Hello,

My daughter is 2.5 yrs. When we went to doctor checkup at 2 yrs doctor observed few things and said she is delayed and probably need autism evaluation. Then we started with speech and Occupational therapies and we started seeing improvements. We also joned her daycare and that also improved. Now, we had got her autism evaluation done and they told she is lacking social skills and repetitle and restrictive behavior and put her on Level 1 in spectrum. We are now getting her started in ABA as soon as possible.

Anybody here share experience who had kid mild in spectrum around 2.5 and how they are now and what did you do differently to overcome.

We are going through a lot of stress after these events and I know this is out of our control and we are doing all we can. So, please share any useful experiences you had with this kind of situation that will be really helpful.

Thank you

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, FuckU said:

Hello,

My daughter is 2.5 yrs. When we went to doctor checkup at 2 yrs doctor observed few things and said she is delayed and probably need autism evaluation. Then we started with speech and Occupational therapies and we started seeing improvements. We also joned her daycare and that also improved. Now, we had got her autism evaluation done and they told she is lacking social skills and repetitle and restrictive behavior and put her on Level 1 in spectrum. We are now getting her started in ABA as soon as possible.

Anybody here share experience who had kid mild in spectrum around 2.5 and how they are now and what did you do differently to overcome.

We are going through a lot of stress after these events and I know this is out of our control and we are doing all we can. So, please share any useful experiences you had with this kind of situation that will be really helpful.

Thank you

can you explain in detail what was observed?