Jump to content

eh okati grace period


Galactus
 Share

Recommended Posts

Bros , naaku eppudu confusion

scenario 1: job mingithe , how much time we will have to find another job or leave? is it 60 days?

scenario 2: extension approve avvale , same job , how much time we will have to find another job or leave? is it 10 days?

also , does stamping or i 140 play any role in these dates?

like stamping is not done , f 1 to eh okati but not stamped for eh okati scenario kosam , how does this work?

Please throw some light!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Galactus said:

Bros , naaku eppudu confusion

scenario 1: job mingithe , how much time we will have to find another job or leave? is it 60 days?

scenario 2: extension approve avvale , same job , how much time we will have to find another job or leave? is it 10 days?

also , does stamping or i 140 play any role in these dates?

like stamping is not done , f 1 to eh okati but not stamped for eh okati scenario kosam , how does this work?

Please throw some light!

60 days anna for every lay off 

But important thing is i94 undali 

For example your is expiring on October 30 and we laid off today then it's not applicable yiu will accumulate out of status period

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, csrcsr said:

60 days anna for every lay off 

But important thing is i94 undali 

For example your is expiring on October 30 and we laid off today then it's not applicable yiu will accumulate out of status period

 

wrong..its total no-job period on H1 journey

multiple layoffs grace period counts towards that 60.

@csrcsr

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Galactus said:

Bros , naaku eppudu confusion

scenario 1: job mingithe , how much time we will have to find another job or leave? is it 60 days?

scenario 2: extension approve avvale , same job , how much time we will have to find another job or leave? is it 10 days?

also , does stamping or i 140 play any role in these dates?

like stamping is not done , f 1 to eh okati but not stamped for eh okati scenario kosam , how does this work?

Please throw some light!

Scenario 1: 60 days or i94 expiry date whichever is earlier. This answers scenario 2 and layoff during extension.

stamping, i140 will not benefit for layoff situation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Spartan said:

wrong..its total no-job period on H1 journey

multiple layoffs grace period counts towards that 60.

@csrcsr

No bro per h1b life cycle and many lawyers told in call too sam, reddy, challa no harm in double checking its cumulative for life it's per h1b

How many times can you use the 60 days grace period ?

H1B, L1, E3 and other visa holders can only use the 60 days grace period ONCE for H1B petition validity period. What it means is that, let’s say you are working for Employer A, you get one 60 days grace period for the H1B validity with Employer A. Now the catch is, if you quit or got laid off from Employer A and plan to re-join Employer A, lets say after 30 days during your grace period, then you do not get another 60 days grace period with Employer A as the same H1B petition will be used. 

Unlike, if you transfer to Employer B, then as you have a new H1B petition with new validity period, you get another 60 days grace period. You may watch below short video as well.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, csrcsr said:

60 days anna for every lay off 

But important thing is i94 undali 

For example your is expiring on October 30 and we laid off today then it's not applicable yiu will accumulate out of status period

 

60 days grace period ONCE for H1B petition validity period

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, csrcsr said:

No bro per h1b life cycle and many lawyers told in call too sam, reddy, challa no harm in double checking its cumulative for life it's per h1b

How many times can you use the 60 days grace period ?

H1B, L1, E3 and other visa holders can only use the 60 days grace period ONCE for H1B petition validity period. What it means is that, let’s say you are working for Employer A, you get one 60 days grace period for the H1B validity with Employer A. Now the catch is, if you quit or got laid off from Employer A and plan to re-join Employer A, lets say after 30 days during your grace period, then you do not get another 60 days grace period with Employer A as the same H1B petition will be used. 

Unlike, if you transfer to Employer B, then as you have a new H1B petition with new validity period, you get another 60 days grace period. You may watch below short video as well.

:3D_Smiles:  interesting, i was under impression it is tied up with persons H1, looks ike tied up with Employer

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Picheshwar said:

60 days grace period ONCE for H1B petition validity period

Yes one per e.ployer obviously it doesn't make sense ro lay off and hire with same employer when yiu shift to employer b you can accumulate 60 days more based on 94 status

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Picheshwar said:

Scenario 1: 60 days or i94 expiry date whichever is earlier. This answers scenario 2 and layoff during extension.

stamping, i140 will not benefit for layoff situation.

thanks man , then what is the advantage of stamping?

India poyinappudu appointment headache avoid cheyanika? any other advantages to get stamped? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, csrcsr said:

60 days anna for every lay off 

But important thing is i94 undali 

For example your is expiring on October 30 and we laid off today then it's not applicable yiu will accumulate out of status period

 

thanks bro , i94 undi 3 years but stamping avvaledu eh okati meedha ippati varaku , for some reasons could not travel or get stamp until now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Galactus said:

thanks bro , i94 undi 3 years but stamping avvaledu eh okati meedha ippati varaku , for some reasons could not travel or get stamp until now.

Stamping doesn't matter just 6 months munde h1 renewal chesukondi , premium lo pothe potayi so that even yiu get laid off you always have 60 days cushion 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, csrcsr said:

Stamping doesn't matter just 6 months munde h1 renewal chesukondi , premium lo pothe potayi so that even yiu get laid off you always have 60 days cushion 

yeah , company vadu premium lone chesadu 3-4 months before , looking for a change so trying to gain more knowledge on what will happen if some things don't go as planned..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Galactus said:

thanks man , then what is the advantage of stamping?

India poyinappudu appointment headache avoid cheyanika? any other advantages to get stamped? 

having a visa stamp and being in US doesn't change anything at all. It is business as usual.

Visa will be helpful only to get entry into US when you travel overseas.

 

Aa inkoti. REAL ID apply chesukodaniki panikostadi stamp.

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.