***** LAYOFFS THREAD ***** McKinsey plans to cut 2,000 jobs in one of its biggest layoffs

ramudu

• 2 weeks later...

Pep­siCo Inc. is lay­ing off work­ers at the head­quar­ters of its North Amer­i­can snacks and bev­er­ages di­vi­sions, a sig­nal that cor­po­rate belt-tight­en­ing is ex­tend­ing be­yond tech and me­dia, ac­cord­ing to peo­ple fa­mil­iar with the mat­ter and doc­u­ments re­viewed by The Wall Street Jour­nal.

Hun­dreds of jobs will be elim­i­nated, one of the peo­ple said. The cuts af­fect the com­pa­ny’s North Amer­ica bev­er­age busi­ness, which is based in Pur­chase, N.Y., and its North Amer­ica snacks and pack­aged-foods busi­ness, which has head­quar­ters in Chicago and Plano, Texas, the peo­ple said.

In a memo sent to staff that was viewed by the Jour­nal, Pep­siCo told em­ploy­ees that the lay­offs were in­tended “to sim­plify the or­ga­ni­za­tion so we can op­er­ate more ef­fi­ciently.” The cuts will be heav­ier in the bev­er­age busi­ness be­cause the snacks unit al­ready has trimmed po­si­tions with a vol­un­tary re­tire­ment pro­gram, the peo­ple said.

• ramudu changed the title to ***** LAYOFFS THREAD ***** now google, Amazon and Pepsi
39 minutes ago, csrcsr said:

Orey companies mee mohal manda nijanagane losses lo unaya okadni chusi okadu chance pe dance lepestunara

Almost all big companies ki excess employees untaru , if they are in profit/economy good , no body cares kadha Anna 

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, csrcsr said:

Orey companies mee mohal manda nijanagane losses lo unaya okadni chusi okadu chance pe dance lepestunara

Combination of multiple things bro.

first of all, too much pressure from board of directors & investors to reduce the head count. 
most of the companies overhired in last 2 years which needs to be corrected now. Google amazon apple fb etc companies almost doubled there head count in last 2 years but revenue did not double. 
Honestly i feel work getting done is not proportional to head count increase.

candidates chaala sukalaki alavatu paddaru. Last 2 years lo multiple offers thechukoni baaga negotiate chesaru( i am One of them).

Ippudu companies lay off cheyyakapothey balance sheets worst untayi. Results raganey stocks assam avuthayi. They are left with no option now

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Vaampire said:

Combination of multiple things bro.

first of all, too much pressure from board of directors & investors to reduce the head count. 
most of the companies overhired in last 2 years which needs to be corrected now. Google amazon apple fb etc companies almost doubled there head count in last 2 years but revenue did not double. 
Honestly i feel work getting done is not proportional to head count increase.

candidates chaala sukalaki alavatu paddaru. Last 2 years lo multiple offers thechukoni baaga negotiate chesaru( i am One of them).

Ippudu companies lay off cheyyakapothey balance sheets worst untayi. Results raganey stocks assam avuthayi. They are left with no option now

Surprisingly firms like banks jp , capitalone , fidelity etc etc are hiring offcourse no equity but only core tech companies are getting hit and hiring is freeze across bay area(at least most of them)