Musk-Owned Twitter To Close Offices Until Next Week Amidst Mass Resignations

Spartan

Musk-owned Twitter has instructed workers not to report to work as all office buildings will be temporarily shut, beginning immediately.

According to BBC, a message sent to Twitter employees highlights that access to all office buildings and badge access will be revoked until Monday, November 21.

The report comes a couple of days after Twitter head honcho Elon Musk asked workers to do “extremely hardcore" work or leave the micro-blogging site.

Advertisement

“This will mean working long hours at high intensity. Only exceptional performance will constitute a passing grade," Musk said.

“Please continue to comply with company policy by refraining from discussing confidential company information on social media, with the press or elsewhere," Twitter further said.

letter-to-twitter-staff.jpg?impolicy=web

A copy of the message sent to Twitter employees.

The unexpected decision to close all offices might be the consequence of hundreds of workers quitting the firm before Elon Musk’s deadline for them to accept his “extremely hardcore" working style or leave the job.

Musk made it clear that any employee not willing to commit to this very notion shall receive three months’ severance.

“Whatever decision you make, thank you for your efforts to make Twitter successful," Musk said.

A number of workers announced their resignations on Twitter before the deadline of Thursday to comply with Musk’s new work requirements.

“And just like that, after 12 years, I have left Twitter. I have nothing but love for all my fellow tweeps, past and present. A thousand faces and a thousand scenes are flashing through my mind right now - I love you Twitter and I’ll forever bleed blue," posted Satanjeev Banerjee from San Francisco.

6 minutes ago, mustang302 said:

Go Green Amazon GIF by NFL On Prime Video

Entiiii salary ekkuva isthae teesukuntam kaani, ekkuva work chayyamantae wife oppukodhu into.!kastam mestaruuuu..!

RSUs lekafothe salaries ekva undav. Faisal takkuva fani ekva ni mingesinattunnar.

Musk just said " best people are staying" ... He just needs core infra in the short term and few architects/ principal engineers to stay.  

It will survive and thrive.... He can attract enough top talent.... He is cult leader 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, mustang302 said:

Go Green Amazon GIF by NFL On Prime Video

Entiiii salary ekkuva isthae teesukuntam kaani, ekkuva work chayyamantae wife oppukodhu into.!kastam mestaruuuu..!

People have choice kada vuncle. Love day gaadi la andaru vundaru kada vacation vadhu work mudhu type la. I always prefer work lower priority in my life. Family and relations imp anna. Lathkor work manam create cheskunna code lu nenu kakunte inkodu raasthadu njoy nature anna

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, hunkyfunky2 said:

Musk just said " best people are staying" ... He just needs core infra in the short term and few architects/ principal engineers to stay.  

It will survive and thrive.... He can attract enough top talent.... He is cult leader 

Anna best people means 40 hours kanna robot la yekkuva work chese vallu like slaves ? 

5 minutes ago, hunkyfunky2 said:

+1

Looks like drain the swamp activity ….

1 minute ago, Sucker said:

Anna best people means 40 hours kanna robot la yekkuva work chese vallu like slaves ? 

Nope, there are many people who work whatever it takes.. yes, they don't have social life. 

You will see them in every company in Silicon valley and other startups... What motivates them? Money and managers like Elon...

Just now, hunkyfunky2 said:

Nope, there are many people who work whatever it takes.. yes, they don't have social life. 

You will see them in every company in Silicon valley and other startups... What motivates them? Money and managers like Elon...

Then call them robots anna best people yendhi. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Chevilopuvvu said:

RSUs lekafothe salaries ekva undav. Faisal takkuva fani ekva ni mingesinattunnar.

He can offer private equity and offer 1M to 2 M each for top 50 or 100 engineers... Who might be already getting that much .

If the infra team is taken care, there is no issue with Twitter thriving in next 6 months. 

2 minutes ago, hunkyfunky2 said:

He can offer private equity and offer 1M to 2 M each for top 50 or 100 engineers... Who might be already getting that much .

If the infra team is taken care, there is no issue with Twitter thriving in next 6 months. 

pressure working conditions are not that simple…

పైసా వచ్చేదెగ్గరే పరమనీచం ఉంటది…

telling this on my experience…