Kantara , 90 % unwatchable

iddaritho

On 11/24/2022 at 12:00 AM, iddaritho said:

It is on Amazon prime today 
why should you pause , we watched it for hype but looks like the original back ground music was missing 

Amazon prime version utter flop because they sencored the score and spoiled the entire movie emotion..so rotta..don't watch Amazon prime version.. those who watched in theatre are lucky 

On 11/24/2022 at 8:25 PM, vatsayana said:

Watched it twice, once in theater and in Prime (in home theater).

Somehow, Theater lo vunna impact home theater lo ledu.

But I did enjoyed the movie. 

Climax emaina change unda theatre and ott ki..?

Kantara choosaka, I felt like I judged PS1 way too harshly.

If Kantara is the best that young directors can do, then what's the point of expecting a veteran like Maniratnam to blow my mind in his 60s.

Kantara is a very good film though, but definitely not deserved of the hype it got. It looks like a mishmash of Ammoru and Tamil films of the past decade with some cool bgm and divine touch thrown in.

I really thought Kantara would be amazing, my kannada simp cousin has been irritating me to watch it for a while, and compared it with Tumbbbad. Lmao. Tumbbad is like miles ahead than any Indian movie I've watched. Kantara doesn't even come close to that.

PS1 was definitely better than Kantara to me.

and I'd say the best film of the year that I've seen is Lal Singh Chadda.

Now that cousin is not picking up my call. hehe..

my underwhelming Kantara experience may be because of my bias against these 'rooted' stories that glorify local culture without having anything interesting to say.

I've watched way too many Tamil films like this with shallow narratives and a 'social message' that is cringey. That's the reason I haven't watched Tamil films in a long while.

Kantara reminds me of those well made mediocre films.

Kannada lo 80s movies were way too awesome. films by Girish Karnad, Anant Nag.

standards baaga padipoyaay anukunta ee madhya.

marathi and malayalam movies okkate koncham standards maintain chestunnattu unnay.

Churuli was brilliant. I could've rated it as the best movie of the year, but Lal Singh Chadda was way too sweet to pass up.