Separate Bank accounts after marriage ?

Aquaman

Married uncles come here pleaseee

After marriage can we still have separate bank accounts and properties ??  

My cousin said, depending on state after marriage  doesn't matter separate account or join account , both will have equal rights automatically. But I doubt it.

9 minutes ago, Thokkalee said:

Depends on the age of your wife or her working status when you got married.. if you marry a working woman, many won’t give you access to their accounts.. if you marry a non working woman and you guided her through the training and job, you can probably have a good control over the finances.. but it all depends on her personality..

End of the day, if you both trust each other, these things are trivial.. if you don’t, then everything leads to a question.. 

41 minutes ago, Aquaman said:

My cousin said, depending on state after marriage  doesn't matter separate account or join account , both will have equal rights automatically. But I doubt it.

Seperate.. eventually fights avuthavi and seperate accounts avuthavi… had lot of friends who went thru this 

3 minutes ago, quickgun_murugun said:

India nundi techukovali wife ni. She should be fully dependent on us then there will be no separate account issue. Everything will be in our control ! 

:giggle:

1 hour ago, Aquaman said:

You mean when everything is going on food or in the middle of divorce ? or it doesn’t matter ? 

1 hour ago, quickgun_murugun said:

India nundi techukovali wife ni. She should be fully dependent on us then there will be no separate account issue. Everything will be in our control ! 

Vuncle, mi jamana lo full options undevi.. ipudu poragallaki pilla dorikite chaalu, no questions asked.. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, yemdoing said:

You mean when everything is going on food or in the middle of divorce ? or it doesn’t matter ? 

I heard that any thing earned during marriage be it in separate accounts  or joint account becomes kind of martial property.

I'm talking about having a private separate account to save the money earned from few investments made before marriage. Not sure if it is possible , more for having some security funds.      

53 minutes ago, Aquaman said:

I heard that any thing earned during marriage be it in separate accounts  or joint account becomes kind of martial property.

I'm talking about having a private separate account to save the money earned from few investments made before marriage. Not sure if it is possible , more for having some security funds.      

Having separate account won’t work . If you want to hide then you have to get creative . 

before marriage , after marriage yeh savings ayina women get first priority. 

Money earned prior to marriage can be maintained in separate accounts. No issues, you are the owner of your pre-marital earnings.

After marriage, post-marital earnings are considered commingled assets and may be maintained in a joint account.

3 hours ago, Vaampire said:

We never had joint account and still maintaining separate accounts. Working out good for us

Who pays bills? Share everything equal? parents vachinappudu extra bills? 

3 hours ago, Aquaman said:

Misunderstood your question bro.. looks like you are going through a divorce situation.. if you don’t have a prenup or postnup where you listed your properties or accounts that you had before marriage, pretty much everything is divided… unless you have kept something totally separate and didn’t touch after marriage.. 

15 minutes ago, Sanjiv said:

Money earned prior to marriage can be maintained in separate accounts. No issues, you are the owner of your pre-marital earnings.

After marriage, earnings are considered commingled assets and may be maintained in a joint account.

He has to maintain separate accounts.. if he mixes it with current income, that becomes a commingled asset

• Upvote 1