Jump to content

Can’t sleep because of the financial stress and commitment


Aquaman

Recommended Posts

Reditt lo post

 

My husband and I purchased a home in a hcol area on Sept 2022 and I feel stuck every day since then. Here is why:

  1. We put 20% down payment which was about 80% of life savings. Now we have about 6 months of living expenses worth of money left

  2. We are paying about 60% of our combined income. So if one of us loses their job then we will be eating out of pocket. Right now the remaining 40% is enough to live by but not really possible to put money aside.

  3. Im not loving the home but I dont hate it either. It is livable. It requires some work but we put most of it off because we dont have enough money.

  4. Im really worried about the recession. I think the house will lose its value and we will lose our lifesavings or stuck in this home for 15 years or so. We planned to stay in the house about 5-7 years but probably we will lose money during that time period

  5. Last but not the least: I feel like I lost my freedom. Before this house I had a luxury to quit my job and enjoy life a little and come back to work. I have never done this but the possibility of it was enough for me to relieve from stress. Now that is gone. I’m also an immigrant and one of the main reasons to buy a house here was to make a long term investment. However I feel like I overcommitted to something Im not ready. I know that I will live here for at least 3 years but the rest feels blurry.

I have not been able to enjoy the home ownership since day 1. How do you deal with these feelings and stress? The idea of making the biggest financial mistake in my life and losing all our savings is really burdening me

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Aquaman said:

If you already made big commitments before recession, extra stress ga. Ya, unavoidable things.

Iga avanni antey kashtam… skill penchukoni career lo growth chuskovatamay best route ! Middle class doesn’t have the luxury to quit jobs and relax until old age . 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

May be a woman… oorike tension paddam enduku… just go with the flow and enjoy the home.. they have enough savings which many people don’t have.. 

But paying 60% of combined income to mortgage is a terrible idea, not sure how they decided to go for that home in the first place.. it should never be more than 30-35%.. my rule is 1 out of 4 (if both are working) paychecks can go to mortgage and not more than that.. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Aquaman said:

Reditt lo post

 

My husband and I purchased a home in a hcol area on Sept 2022 and I feel stuck every day since then. Here is why:

  1. We put 20% down payment which was about 80% of life savings. Now we have about 6 months of living expenses worth of money left

  2. We are paying about 60% of our combined income. So if one of us loses their job then we will be eating out of pocket. Right now the remaining 40% is enough to live by but not really possible to put money aside.

  3. Im not loving the home but I dont hate it either. It is livable. It requires some work but we put most of it off because we dont have enough money.

  4. Im really worried about the recession. I think the house will lose its value and we will lose our lifesavings or stuck in this home for 15 years or so. We planned to stay in the house about 5-7 years but probably we will lose money during that time period

  5. Last but not the least: I feel like I lost my freedom. Before this house I had a luxury to quit my job and enjoy life a little and come back to work. I have never done this but the possibility of it was enough for me to relieve from stress. Now that is gone. I’m also an immigrant and one of the main reasons to buy a house here was to make a long term investment. However I feel like I overcommitted to something Im not ready. I know that I will live here for at least 3 years but the rest feels blurry.

I have not been able to enjoy the home ownership since day 1. How do you deal with these feelings and stress? The idea of making the biggest financial mistake in my life and losing all our savings is really burdening me

 

Very common scenario for home owners.. indulo stress avvadaniki em ledu.. alavatu chesukovali and expenses thaginchukovali… wife job quit ane word marchipovali… until unless its a health issue…

simple ga American dream ante pay bills until you die…. That’s it amma 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, LadiesTailor said:

Very common scenario for home owners.. indulo stress avvadaniki em ledu.. alavatu chesukovali and expenses thaginchukovali… wife job quit ane word marchipovali… until unless its a health issue…

simple ga American dream ante pay bills until you die…. That’s it amma 

Ee valayam nundi evadu tondarga bayatapadi .. financial freedom Tecchukoni ind chekkeatado vadu thopu naa drusti lo 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Aquaman said:

Reditt lo post

 

My husband and I purchased a home in a hcol area on Sept 2022 and I feel stuck every day since then. Here is why:

  1. We put 20% down payment which was about 80% of life savings. Now we have about 6 months of living expenses worth of money left

  2. We are paying about 60% of our combined income. So if one of us loses their job then we will be eating out of pocket. Right now the remaining 40% is enough to live by but not really possible to put money aside.

  3. Im not loving the home but I dont hate it either. It is livable. It requires some work but we put most of it off because we dont have enough money.

  4. Im really worried about the recession. I think the house will lose its value and we will lose our lifesavings or stuck in this home for 15 years or so. We planned to stay in the house about 5-7 years but probably we will lose money during that time period

  5. Last but not the least: I feel like I lost my freedom. Before this house I had a luxury to quit my job and enjoy life a little and come back to work. I have never done this but the possibility of it was enough for me to relieve from stress. Now that is gone. I’m also an immigrant and one of the main reasons to buy a house here was to make a long term investment. However I feel like I overcommitted to something Im not ready. I know that I will live here for at least 3 years but the rest feels blurry.

I have not been able to enjoy the home ownership since day 1. How do you deal with these feelings and stress? The idea of making the biggest financial mistake in my life and losing all our savings is really burdening me

 

Idhi Indian expats lodhi ga reditt antavu

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.