Texas lo home konna vallu not Dumb

IamBhagatSingh

12 minutes ago, YeddiBK said:

ee moodu TX lo kuda unnayi kada baa..

Texas ki antha scene ledu… Dallas area lo and Houston side konni school districts super unnay.:: and some desi infested areas have good ratings … anthey …

Rice University 

Texas A&M college station 

University of Texas Austin Dallas 

ivi kakunda super universities em levu … 

• Upvote 2

This is what I observed in Dallas area.. people worked multiple jobs, many of the women in the families started working.. affordability increased for many families due to their earnings in stocks and crypto and they cashed out.. they made huge down payments… monthly payments are still in the affordable range.. this is until 6 months back.. 

no one will go and buy a home if it is not affordable for them… or even know that the price will go way down..  they must be so stupid to do it.. 

11 hours ago, YeddiBK said:

ee moodu TX lo kuda unnayi kada baa..

Ledu bro, You have no idea of difference in quality of jobs in NYC/SFO to Dallas/Florida/Atlanta. You are close to management and money. Even Boston fares better in quality of jobs. Example none of the jobs in TX/FL/GA are front office jobs at banks even tech teams serving front office reside only in NYC/Jersey City and the pay/bonus is substantially higher in those teams. Its not common to work with PHD from these IVYs in NYC/Boston. similarly in SFO. 

Coming to universities, Expect UT Austin and A&M no other decent college(These are ranked similar to Rutgers and stony brook) and less than NYU. They are not even comparable to IVY leagues in NE.(Columbia, Princeton, Yale, Cornell in NYC/NJ/CT area). 

MA, NJ schools are ranked in top 3 continuously. 

I don't like paying high taxes obviously( I am close to top tax bracket in federal and state) and I know I pay very high rent for a small place, But the above mentioned things not letting me move.

15 minutes ago, capitalist said:

Ledu bro, You have no idea of difference in quality of jobs in NYC/SFO to Dallas/Florida/Atlanta. You are close to management and money. Even Boston fares better in quality of jobs. Example none of the jobs in TX/FL/GA are front office jobs at banks even tech teams serving front office reside only in NYC/Jersey City and the pay/bonus is substantially higher in those teams. Its not common to work with PHD from these IVYs in NYC/Boston. similarly in SFO. 

Coming to universities, Expect UT Austin and A&M no other decent college(These are ranked similar to Rutgers and stony brook) and less than NYU. They are not even comparable to IVY leagues in NE.(Columbia, Princeton, Yale, Cornell in NYC/NJ/CT area). 

I don't like paying high taxes obviously( I am close to top tax bracket in federal and state) and I know I pay very high rent for a small place, But the above mentioned things not letting me move.

How many get into ivy leagues? And cost of those other colleges is so high.

Regarding Schools I was there personally in both states and find Texas schools a lot better than NJ at least in elementary. 

Regarding jobs north east has established financial industry so there are lot more opportunities there. But Texas has decent opportunities.

Just now, Pavanonline said:

Regarding Schools I was there personally in both states and find Texas schools a lot better than NJ at least in elementary. 

Regarding jobs north east has established financial industry so there are lot more opportunities there. But Texas has decent opportunities.

How about moving to phoenix,AZ it is close to SFO?

15 minutes ago, Pavanonline said:

what i am trying to say is exposure here is quite high compared to say TX, comparatively its easy to top off in TX than that of in NYC area/SFO. if some is able and want to make it in career( I am limiting to job sector of general people in DB) these are the places to be in. You cant for sure such quality of people in there, Trust me working with those people is really something.

That being said life is not easy here, its expensive and and you have to put fight to compete but upside here is worth the pain if one is capable enough.

I think one other upcoming place is Miami, (recent moves of Citadel and some CT based hedge funds opening shops there is setting up a trend) but not quite there yet. TX is no where close to be place for people of high academic/career regards(obviously there will be quite a few outliers). One place for sure you can find more qualified people in TX is Houston, Oil and gas though it lots its sheen(overall) they still have one of the best minds.

For sure am not completely supporting these places, Personally I don't like democrat politics here(its a hell hole with all the unions).

1 minute ago, capitalist said:

what i am trying to say is exposure here is quite high compared to say TX, comparatively its easy to top off in TX than that of in NYC area/SFO. if some is able and want to make it in career( I am limiting to job sector of general people in DB) these are the places to be in. You cant for sure such quality of people in there, Trust me working with those people is really something.

That being said life is not easy here, its expensive and and you have to put fight to compete but upside here is worth the pain if one is capable enough.

I think one other upcoming place is Miami, (recent moves of Citadel and some CT based hedge funds opening shops there is setting up a trend) but not quite there yet. TX is no where close to be place for people of high academic/career regards(obviously there will be quite a few outliers). One place for sure you can find more qualified people in TX is Houston, Oil and gas though it lots its sheen(overall) they still have one of the best minds.

It's okay bro, not everyone likes the everyday rush. 

2 minutes ago, Pavanonline said:

It's okay bro, not everyone likes the everyday rush. 

I agree. It always comes to priorities. I am just trying to highlight the pros and cons.

6 minutes ago, capitalist said:

For sure am not completely supporting these places, Personally I don't like democrat politics here(its a hell hole with all the unions).

100% remote jobs ki endi vaya lolli. you can work from any state with good school districts and save good money. 

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, IamBhagatSingh said:

@veerigadu i think texas lo home konna vallu not dumb , they might have taken various things into consideration . as per you taxes are high in texas , so its waste . 

But ,for example 500k home ki 2 percent property tax eskunna , it will be close to 10k yearly . for person earning 140k in texas will save around 6k in state tax . so they can use that amount to pay property tax , then it will be only 4k in property tax .  if both working itey they save more . 

4k property tax is common in most of the states . and moreover you will have access to good restaurants and schools . apart from desi crowded population , everything else is good . 

I dont understand why you hate texas and misguide others . 

Texas lo home teeskunna brothers throw some light .  @ForEverJava and others .

Come to Minneapolis…. I’ll dance with out dress 

13 hours ago, quickgun_murugun said:

Texas ki antha scene ledu… Dallas area lo and Houston side konni school districts super unnay.:: and some desi infested areas have good ratings … anthey …

Rice University 

Texas A&M college station 

University of Texas Austin Dallas 

ivi kakunda super universities em levu … 

Desilu unna chota schools bavunte chaalu kada baa, full state enduku ? 3-4 universities saripova baa ?

saati desi vaallani infested ginfested ani ela antav baa ?

2 hours ago, capitalist said:

baa maree antha ambitious ga unna vallu management or money ki deggaraga automatic ga vellipotharu kada.. most of us ki edo career healthy ga nadusthe ade chaalu..