Story from Blind on a house mortgage (Amazon job gone)

Moon_Walker

So, here's the thing. I never thoguht I'd be the one to share my story like this, but I guess life has a way of humbling us all. As an SDE in FAANG, I went through a bunch of hurdles to get where I am today. It was tough, but I finally felt like I made it, y'know? But now, everythings going sideways and I'm strugglin to keep our million-dollar home in Bothell. It was a dream we both worked our butts off to achieve.

A few months back, my wife got laid off from her job. She was a graphic designer, and with the pandemic still goin on, her company had to let people go. It sucked, but we tried to stay positive. With her income gone, we found ourselves strugglin to pay our mortgage and take care of our 2 kiddos.

But, life wasnt done with us yet. My wife was diagnosed with this rare eye condition called LHON that needed treatment ASAP. We were both shocked, and everything just felt like it was spiraling out of control. The medical bills started piling up, and we had to use all our savings to cover her surgery and treatments. It was like we were stuck in a nightmare, and we couldnt wake up.

I took on extra freelance gigs, like website development and software teaching, to try to keep us afloat. I've mad about $3200 so far, but man, it's been tough. I'm working crazy long hours, 13+ most days,, my health is suffering, and our marriage is feeling the strain. And it's not like my wife isn't hurting too – she feels guilty for losing her job and for her medical issues.

Last week, we got a notice from the bank – we're 3 months behind on mortgage payments. They're giving us 30 days to come up with $18,000, or they'll foreclose. The idea of losing our dream home is crushing, but the thought of my family on the streets is just... I can't even.

So, here I am, sharing our story. I don't know what else to do, and I'm hoping there are some good people out there who might be able to offer advice, help, or anything, really. I'm swallowing my pride and asking for help cuz I'm desperate to save my family and our home. If you can offer any help or advice, it would mean everything to us. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

9 minutes ago, Moon_Walker said:

So, here's the thing. I never thoguht I'd be the one to share my story like this, but I guess life has a way of humbling us all. As an SDE in FAANG, I went through a bunch of hurdles to get where I am today. It was tough, but I finally felt like I made it, y'know? But now, everythings going sideways and I'm strugglin to keep our million-dollar home in Bothell. It was a dream we both worked our butts off to achieve.

A few months back, my wife got laid off from her job. She was a graphic designer, and with the pandemic still goin on, her company had to let people go. It sucked, but we tried to stay positive. With her income gone, we found ourselves strugglin to pay our mortgage and take care of our 2 kiddos.

But, life wasnt done with us yet. My wife was diagnosed with this rare eye condition called LHON that needed treatment ASAP. We were both shocked, and everything just felt like it was spiraling out of control. The medical bills started piling up, and we had to use all our savings to cover her surgery and treatments. It was like we were stuck in a nightmare, and we couldnt wake up.

I took on extra freelance gigs, like website development and software teaching, to try to keep us afloat. I've mad about $3200 so far, but man, it's been tough. I'm working crazy long hours, 13+ most days,, my health is suffering, and our marriage is feeling the strain. And it's not like my wife isn't hurting too – she feels guilty for losing her job and for her medical issues.

Last week, we got a notice from the bank – we're 3 months behind on mortgage payments. They're giving us 30 days to come up with $18,000, or they'll foreclose. The idea of losing our dream home is crushing, but the thought of my family on the streets is just... I can't even.

So, here I am, sharing our story. I don't know what else to do, and I'm hoping there are some good people out there who might be able to offer advice, help, or anything, really. I'm swallowing my pride and asking for help cuz I'm desperate to save my family and our home. If you can offer any help or advice, it would mean everything to us. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Ardam kale, vadi job poyindani chepale kada, why is he not able to make payments. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Gaali_Gottam_Govinda said:

what is so complicated here??? Anni holes mooskuni sell the house. 

Move into a low income rental apartment 

peruki FAANG but min common sense kooda undadu financial discipline lo for many people.

Good suggestion

12 minutes ago, MiryalgudaMaruthiRao said:

join avvagane illu konnadantava?

Definitely not very experienced. Appears to be pilla youth bought under peer pressure 

• Upvote 2