buying town house - waiving off inspection after accepting offer from buyer

Shiva_kumar

Hi Friends,

I put on offer for one town home and got accepted but my agent came up with that we need to send another contract with waiving off inspection. it is 40 yr old townhouse and average one . only thing it is good community and commute is easy for me. already put 17k extra on asking price. as I am first time buyer, I dont understand whether it is common in NJ area. my agent is forcing me to sign on contract. please your thoughts on this.

1 minute ago, kattubanisaa said:

it's not common. Get an independent inspector, find all the problems, and ask the seller for credit!

Market slow unde sarikiii. Agents are desperate to close deals and pocket commission as they can..lanbdiksss

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Shiva_kumar said:

Hi Friends,

I put on offer for one town home and got accepted but my agent came up with that we need to send another contract with waiving off inspection. it is 40 yr old townhouse and average one . only thing it is good community and commute is easy for me. already put 17k extra on asking price. as I am first time buyer, I dont understand whether it is common in NJ area. my agent is forcing me to sign on contract. please your thoughts on this.

Never buy a home without any inspection.. 

12 minutes ago, Shiva_kumar said:

Hi Friends,

Get the inspection done, if you don't you will regret it later

1 minute ago, Thokkalee said:

Never buy a home without any inspection.. 

No chance. nuvvu kakapothe another buyer is ready. willing to buy without any inspection antaru....Agent and seller. Pressure tactics to make a bakaraaa

4 minutes ago, veerigadu said:

No chance. nuvvu kakapothe another buyer is ready. willing to buy without any inspection antaru....Agent and seller. Pressure tactics to make a bakaraaa

Yeah.. all they care is their commission.. if the realtor or seller is insisting on selling without an inspection, it is a big RED FLAG!!! 🚩 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Shiva_kumar said:

Hi Friends,

Red flag 🚩 

Dont go with it, Ask if there are any known repairs....accept for free rent and time for them to move out after closing for 30 days.

Not the Inspection....Check if there are any Mold issue check inside vents if there is black thing under the vents.

Ask for the age of Furnace and A/c, Roof.

Get with inspection, if you wave inspection you will not have a chance other than finance falling off to get out of the contract

your agent must be a desi who is desperate to get a deal putting his interest ahead of yours

Don’t risk it bro, 40 year old ante foundation level nundi roof varaku chala issues untayi. You will regret it later if you don’t go with an independent inspection.

1 minute ago, KATHRI said:

Get with inspection, if you wave inspection you will not have a chance other than finance falling off to get out of the contract

your agent must be a desi who is desperate to get a deal putting his interest ahead of yours

Thellolu em thakkuva kadhu le....But desi agents are the worst from professional ethics standpoint. 

1 minute ago, KATHRI said:

If the offer is accepted why he came back with inspection wave off?

Ante mana TS first time buyer kadha....Edho try sesthunnaru agent and seller kalisi....

27 minutes ago, Shiva_kumar said:

Hi Friends,

@Shiva_kumar waiving inspection clause is not waiving off inspection, you can still get home inspected with your choice of home inspector 

means just that outcome of inspection will not affect selling price 

if you not putting down earnest money at contract go ahead, if big issues you can walk away if small you can think of 

it's not easy to find townhome within commuting distance in jersey