Fake people and scams in Hyderabad

Konebhar6

11 minutes ago, Konebhar6 said:

My dad got paralyzed in 2006 and he recovered OK and able to walk and do daily chores on his own. But age catching up with him. 

Yesterday someone came to our house and said he is a Ayurvedic practitioner and will make my dad walk and run in a month. He gets medicine from Kottayam district. He is coming on behest of Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanam (TTD). My dad and mom believed him. Somehow mom called me and asked me. I got furious and asked the guy a couple of questions (on phone) which district and give details of TTD. He said if you dont believe, medicine wont work. I am leaving. Its a fraud. 

Unfortunately my dad did not like what I did. My mom realized how gullible they were and understood scam. But even she said she believed his words and was in tears when he said dad will recover in a month. 

How can people be so cruel giving FALSE HOPE to people. My dad is a very smart guy. But right now clouded by what happened. I wish I was there to thrash the guy and hand over to police. 

Deshan mottham itlaanti langa gallu untaaru..its a dangerous era where no one can be trusted.

• Upvote 2

This is not the first time it happened. This is the 4th incident in last 5 yrs and my parents fall for it every time. I feel bad for my parents. One of those times, I felt I wish I was there to take care of them. 

4 minutes ago, Moon_Walker said:

Deshan mottham itlaanti langa gallu untaaru..its a dangerous era where no one can be trusted.

its the product of the society that you are a part of, bujji.

inka chaala choostaav India lo. like open violence on the streets because no one is in control, and its a dog eat dog world that your kind is encouraging.

2 minutes ago, Konebhar6 said:

This is not the first time it happened. This is the 4th incident in last 5 yrs and my parents fall for it every time. I feel bad for my parents. One of those times, I felt I wish I was there to take care of them. 

just bring them to US as soon as possible. or atleast arrange for them to live in a community full of elders with medical care like a paid pg.. I used to get calls when I was in India about such apartments.

Just now, Raven_Rayes said:

its the product of the society that you are a part of, bujji.

inka chaala choostaav India lo. like open violence on the streets because no one is in control, and its a dog eat dog world that your kind is encouraging.

I can see that happening in future. But being the hopeful I am, I hope it wont happen. That guy hit on every word my parents wanted to hear. Explained how it works and that he does not need money. 

1 minute ago, Raven_Rayes said:

just bring them to US as soon as possible. or atleast arrange for them to live in a community full of elders with medical care like a paid pg.. there used to be some realtor when I was in India who called about selling such apartments.

They dont want to come here. They like their independent life there. Even though my dad is paralysed he does all his work and goes and sits in a friends shop 3-4 hrs a day. Mentally sharp and even physically good. 

The locality we are in .. everything is available in 1 min walk. And they know neighbors. A lot of dads former coleagues in the colony. 

Just now, Konebhar6 said:

They dont want to come here. They like their independent life there. Even though my dad is paralysed he does all his work and goes and sits in a friends shop 3-4 hrs a day. Mentally sharp and even physically good. 

The locality we are in .. everything is available in 1 min walk. And they know neighbors. A lot of dads former coleagues in the colony. 

then your worry is misplaced. they should be fine if everything is available within 1min walk, and have a community to lean on.

Just now, Raven_Rayes said:

then your worry is misplaced. they should be fine if everything is available within 1min walk, and have a community to lean on.

I feel bad about these kind of people giving false hopes .

Just now, Konebhar6 said:

I feel bad about these kind of people giving false hopes .

that's why I constantly talk to my mom who lives with me about how pathetic most people in the society are, and that includes her friends and that its okay to have left her friends behind to be with me.

but its easy to convince my mom, coz she has child like excitement for new things and is prepared to go wherever to prove to herself and to others that she's an adventurous person.. obviously she's not, but the delusion helps.

I also ban everything ayurvedic, or unani, or homeopathic in sight. I'm like a hitler there. I'm also reasonable to an irritating level, prepared to debate why a particular treatment or ayurvedic potion is harmful, that my mom avoids these types of conversations with me, and just takes my advice on health issues all the time.

5 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

that's why I constantly talk to my mom who lives with me about how pathetic most people in the society are, and that includes her friends and that its okay to have left her friends behind to be with me.

but its easy to convince my mom, coz she has child like excitement for new things and is prepared to go wherever to prove to herself and to others that she's an adventurous person.. obviously she's not, but the delusion helps.

I also ban everything ayurvedic, or unani, or homeopathic in sight. I'm like a hitler there. I'm also reasonable to an irritating level, prepared to debate why a particular treatment or ayurvedic potion is harmful, that my mom avoids these types of conversations with me, and just takes my advice on health issues all the time.

I am the polar opposite of you .. I let them do what they want to do until I see harm in what they are doing ... 

34 minutes ago, Konebhar6 said:

This is not the first time it happened. This is the 4th incident in last 5 yrs and my parents fall for it every time. I feel bad for my parents. One of those times, I felt I wish I was there to take care of them

since it's not possible, educate them. give them a set of questions to ask these guys. alert them not to give personal info, money..etc

45 minutes ago, Konebhar6 said:

I can see that happening in future. But being the hopeful I am, I hope it wont happen. That guy hit on every word my parents wanted to hear. Explained how it works and that he does not need money. 

they are also same people like us. smart people and that's their business. when we compare with americans, we are definitely street smart. when in India, they are much more smarter than you

53 minutes ago, Konebhar6 said:

My dad got paralyzed in 2006 and he recovered OK and able to walk and do daily chores on his own. But age catching up with him. 

Yesterday someone came to our house and said he is a Ayurvedic practitioner and will make my dad walk and run in a month. He gets medicine from Kottayam district. He is coming on behest of Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanam (TTD). My dad and mom believed him. Somehow mom called me and asked me. I got furious and asked the guy a couple of questions (on phone) which district and give details of TTD. He said if you dont believe, medicine wont work. I am leaving. Its a fraud. 

Unfortunately my dad did not like what I did. My mom realized how gullible they were and understood scam. But even she said she believed his words and was in tears when he said dad will recover in a month. 

How can people be so cruel giving FALSE HOPE to people. My dad is a very smart guy. But right now clouded by what happened. I wish I was there to thrash the guy and hand over to police. 

these type of guys actively look for older people who got nri kids or kids probably doing well in other cities ... then they look for what can be the gullible part ....

unfortunately in your father's case ... his physical limitation ... so this is the part where they are hitting and taking advantage of people ... this is all part of life now a days in India ...

people look for ways in the name of god, religion, or ayurveda etc ... and take advantage of ...