Apple pencil

csrcsr

17 minutes ago, Spartan said:

Kumon is better until 2nd-3rd grade max.....until they get hunch of basic operations..

but kids who go there are not able to handle the Word problems which is the exam format...

chala kids ni chusa..even in Kumon if they are K-level, they cannot build simple algebraic equation which they do in Level-I if word problem is given.

kumon is musle memory anna , they dont have logical thinking , others like RSM has more logic inko oka year chusi nenu kuda stop chestha , the reason i am sending is two days aina eod engage vutadu with other games lkepoathe vachi bore bore antunaru

2 hours ago, csrcsr said:

Annalu , uruke e classes ki dimpudu waiting avadam ledu 

Kumon odu tablet lo writing raasi submit cheyochu online lo antadu with ipad and apple pencil , any one using ?? Reviews

Also naa patha ipad musaldi ayipoyindi 

For kids classes ipad air or normal ipad better I know hearing rumours air might come with m2 chip will wait for one more week

Pro avasaram ledu anukunta

feedback olease

Kumon avi waste uncle.. especially for young kids.. you pay $50 for 1 hr class and they just give the kid homework… aa class lo kuda em chepparu.. just one concept related to the homework they are going to give… instead of spending time driving him, spend time teaching him or making him do homework.. 

go for online classes from India.. they cost like 8-10$ per class or ask him to do Khan Academy or Anton or Ixl.. Ixl subscription costs like $50 or so if you join a group.. or just buy grade level books from Costco or Sam’s.. btw, Anton and Khan academy are free.. 

or else India nunchi aa grade level books theppinchu.. they are higher level than here..

this is my view and experience after paying best brains for few years.. 

Just now, Thokkalee said:

Kumon avi waste uncle.. especially for young kids.. you pay $50 for 1 hr class and they just give the kid homework… aa class lo kuda em chepparu.. just one concept related to the homework they are going to give… instead of spending time driving him, spend time teaching him or making him do homework.. 

go for online classes from India.. they cost like 8-10$ per class or ask him to do Khan Academy or Ixl.. Ixl subscription costs like $50 or so if you join a group.. or just buy grade level books from Costco or Sam’s.. 

IXL undi anna disocunt with some school parnership

Yaa i know its like just mental training concpetual ga kumon is very bad

Just now, csrcsr said:

IXL undi anna disocunt with some school parnership

Yaa i know its like just mental training concpetual ga kumon is very bad

It is waste of money.. they don’t add any value.. you can easily save that $2000 every year.. 

1 minute ago, Thokkalee said:

It is waste of money.. they don’t add any value.. you can easily save that $2000 every year.. 

Cannot say waste of money at least the head instructor of livermore kumon manages well , understanding the fundamentals and getting the routine with numbers and even reading too vocabulary unless we spend time , but kumon is not good for long term once they reach 4 th where they need more conceptual thinking

3 hours ago, csrcsr said:

Annalu , uruke e classes ki dimpudu waiting avadam ledu 

Kumon odu tablet lo writing raasi submit cheyochu online lo antadu with ipad and apple pencil , any one using ?? Reviews

Also naa patha ipad musaldi ayipoyindi 

For kids classes ipad air or normal ipad better I know hearing rumours air might come with m2 chip will wait for one more week

Pro avasaram ledu anukunta

feedback olease

Experience tho cheptunna .. Continue Kumon until Elementary atleast. Kids will be sharp in Math and it will be very useful in upper grades.

Also better to follow traditional way of going to kumon center, finish work and come back. Discipline to finish something at a particular time, interaction with other kids, raising questions if they do not understand, etc etc ... better than online ..

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Thokkalee said:

go for online classes from India.. they cost like 8-10$ per class or ask him to do Khan Academy or Anton or Ixl.. Ixl subscription costs like $50 or so if you join a group.. or just buy grade level books from Costco or Sam’s.. btw, Anton and Khan academy are free.. 

or else India nunchi aa grade level books theppinchu.. they are higher level than here..

this is my view and experience after paying best brains for few years.. 

Kumon is more about practice and perfection of basic math skills. They get really good at mental math.

I have seen older kids struggling or making mistakes (often) with basic math like -5-5=?, -5*-5 ... 

• Sad 1

39 minutes ago, Konebhar6 said:

Experience tho cheptunna .. Continue Kumon until Elementary atleast. Kids will be sharp in Math and it will be very useful in upper grades.

Also better to follow traditional way of going to kumon center, finish work and come back. Discipline to finish something at a particular time, interaction with other kids, raising questions if they do not understand, etc etc ... better than online ..

True anna

kondharu kumon lantivi waste ...just pressure and mostly home work ye isthaaruuuu maximum antaaaru....nijamaaa

nenu vere online class lo join cheyincha sat and sun classes na kid ni...math ki..

30min or 1 hr class in kumon?

49 minutes ago, Konebhar6 said:

If both parents are very busy working and cannot spend time helping the kids with their work, then sure..

my neighbor used to work at one of these centers.. they have 4-6 kids per teacher, one hour a week for two subjects.. they have to explain the concepts (both math and English) to 4-6 kids who are at different levels (may be different grades too) and also correct the 8-15 homework books they bring and give them new books.. and you pay $50 or so per hour 

Mental math ki chala apps unnayi.. our kids are generally very good at doing numerical calculations.. Learning abacus helps a lot with mental math.. 

4 minutes ago, Mr Mirchi said:

kondharu kumon lantivi waste ...just pressure and mostly home work ye isthaaruuuu maximum antaaaru....nijamaaa

nenu vere online class lo join cheyincha sat and sun classes na kid ni...math ki..

Which grade? How much are you paying? 

31 minutes ago, Thokkalee said:

If both parents are very busy working and cannot spend time helping the kids with their work, then sure..

my neighbor used to work at one of these centers.. they have 4-6 kids per teacher, one hour a week for two subjects.. they have to explain the concepts (both math and English) to 4-6 kids who are at different levels (may be different grades too) and also correct the 8-15 homework books they bring and give them new books.. and you pay $50 or so per hour 

Mental math ki chala apps unnayi.. our kids are generally very good at doing numerical calculations.. Learning abacus helps a lot with mental math.. 

Most KUMON's employ kids as tutors. Kids learn easily from other kids than teachers.

Kumon is a concept for kids to practice daily and get better at math. Its not about teaching and Kids/Teacher ratio. 

My personal Opinion - I regret not sending kids to Kumon for Math. I sent them for English and it benefitted kids a lot. My thought process was same as you for math and hence did not send. 

It does look like people are wasting money or paying too much to whats being teached. But see the end results. Kumon kids are very good at math.

42 minutes ago, Mr Mirchi said:

We have to change our way of thinking. Stop focusing on Teacher/Student ratio, Whats being taught in Kumon, etc to - Results. See if your kids are getting better at math in school. Look for results.

Before that read about the whole Kumon concept. How it works and why it is taught the way it is. You will get some insights.

3 minutes ago, Konebhar6 said:

We have to change our way of thinking. Stop focusing on Teacher/Student ratio, Whats being taught in Kumon, etc to - Results. See if your kids are getting better at math in school. Look for results.

Before that read about the whole Kumon concept. How it works and why it is taught the way it is. You will get some insights.

CC @Sucker @perugu_vada uncles anna kottaga kumon franchise tiuskunadu 5 centers

• Haha 1