Where does your loyalty lie?

JaiBalayyaaa

Don't give me gyaan...I want to know human tendency... Andhra lo ayite caste ki loyalty chupistaaru in comparison to religion. This is why BJP has difficulty getting into this market. I think TG lo kuda similar...Teddys from TG are loyal to Teddys from AP even if they are not Hindu. I think it is interesting...that's why BJP might find it difficult to capture this market. 

its not gyaan but fact

people say Andhra has caste fanatics, but that is the only thing stopping religion fanatics to enter in to their state

however telangana dont have caste fanaticism but they have regional fanaticism but that is slowly failing to stop religion fanaticism in their state

in conclusion society is battleground for kingdom of religion, kingdom of region or kingdom of caste

all are same but different

Cheddies irrespective of region they are united. 
pulkas form several groups .

Guntur and Krishna pulkas are different compared to other pulkas. 

Distance yourself from both.. your life will be peaceful 

26 minutes ago, socrates said:

however telangana dont have caste fanaticism but they have regional fanaticism but that is slowly failing to stop religion fanaticism in their state

I don't think that's true. AP teddies kanna TG teddies support Jagan anna even though he is Christian. So AP or TG, caste fanatism is over religion.

Loyalty/Fanatism palu rakalu ra bhai… nuvve chudu… Bodi anagane without sugar ready untav… you should know the answer!!

3 minutes ago, reality said:

Loyalty/Fanatism palu rakalu ra bhai… nuvve chudu… Bodi anagane without sugar ready untav… you should know the answer!!

AP/TG lo caste fanatism overpowers religion fanatism antaava 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JaiBalayyaaa said:

Don't give me gyaan...I want to know human tendency... Andhra lo ayite caste ki loyalty chupistaaru in comparison to religion. This is why BJP has difficulty getting into this market. I think TG lo kuda similar...Teddys from TG are loyal to Teddys from AP even if they are not Hindu. I think it is interesting...that's why BJP might find it difficult to capture this market. 

Not necessarily. Caste is an Indian phenomenon. Within the castes, the political power was segregated into some castes and their representatives that hold the dominant status. This is not to be confused with Upper or lower. The dominant status comes from holding financial resources disproportionate to population and holding greater cultural sway over other caste population through mass media. This phenomenon in Indian context was imbibed through British raj, which is a manifestation of Lordships and bankers, and you see a more sophisticated version of it in the US. 

Now, dominant castes that held their own parties are regional parties Yadavs in UP, Jats in Punjab, Haryana, Kurmis in Bihar, Kunbi in Maharastra, Kammas and Reddies in Andhra and Telangana, Gowdas/Vokkaliga and Lingayaths in Karnataka, Thevars, Gounders in Tamilnadu and the list goes on. 

You will see that these castes are not necessarily upper in varna classification but hold the sway due to land holdings, presence in media and business. 

Decimation or toppling of such entities is underway as BJP is able to work through strategies to pull away their voting blocs. It worked in UP, it worked partially in Tamil Nadu, Karnataka and Andhra. Devegowda is now aligned with BJP , so is Baboru.  All these parties have strong inclination to move towards Congress as they were modelled after them, but BJP can hit where it hurts their supremos the most using ED, so they won't cross the line. The voters for these parties although from dominant castes from respective regions will likely choose BJP one because aside from religious identity BJP has a neo liberal pro business outlook which aligns with their communities business and /or financial interests. Two, the core identity of dominant status at the end of the day is tied to religion. Religious identity is probably second only to ethnic identity from a global perspective and will triumph anyday over caste alignment. BJP is also actively engaging the primarily voting blocs of OBCs bringing them into the leadership positions thereby threatening the pillars of most regional parties. This plus the two reasons will eventually make the battle between only BJP vs Marxists +Congress. That battle will be purely ideological with castes split across the spectrum. 

24 minutes ago, JaiBalayyaaa said:

I don't think that's true. AP teddies kanna TG teddies support Jagan anna even though he is Christian. So AP or TG, caste fanatism is over religion.

your example is not widely to all TG people but just for few minority caste-fanatics , your theory applies to only few who predominantly placed in urban

but in rural areas casteism might be there, but not as much as in Andhra fanatic levels

what i want to convey in my first comment is, these religion, region, caste, language polarizations are fortress of each kingdom in ancient days political parties

unfortunately we are believing and carrying those in modern days also

we ourselves identified to one of these groups and fighting for it without realizing we are in it

9 hours ago, socrates said:

its not gyaan but fact

people say Andhra has caste fanatics, but that is the only thing stopping religion fanatics to enter in to their state

in conclusion society is battleground for kingdom of religion, kingdom of region or kingdom of caste

all are same but different

All are not same leaving aside the dominance part. Religion is a part of an individual cultural or rather even existential identity where as other are not the same extent no where close at least. 

28 minutes ago, JaiBalayyaaa said:

AP/TG lo caste fanatism overpowers religion fanatism antaava 

Ivanni waste muchatlu…

Political vacuum ni evadu capitalize cheskuntado vadike gelupu…

After division, AP lo Congress neutralized… BJP ki cadre ledhu..  so people turned to TDP being the only established party back then… in spite of stiff competition from YCP (a redeemed version of AP congress). TDP failed miserably in their 5-year rule and again “vaccum” created… Pawala being an erripuk failed to capture that vaccum and gave away 151 to YCP as default option.

indulo evadi goppa/loyalty/thigh-slap moment em levu…

Its all about capturing “Vaccum”.

1 hour ago, JaiBalayyaaa said:

Yes this is true, I have many TG teddy friends who like Jagan more than Revanth.

Reason is mostly because of YSR, Even though there are main teddy cm's, YSR was the most popular cm from teddy community and as his son Jagan enjoys that support naturally. Revanth is trying to get that image but many people view him as CBN'S follower. 

But unlike in Andhra Teddy's don't vote for a single party, For example 50% of teddy's voted for TRS in 2014 and 2018, In 2018 50% of them voted for Cong and the other 50% was split between BRS and BJP. In the 2024 loksabha election the vote is equally split between cong and BJP

1 minute ago, CanadianMalodu said:

All the not same leaving aside the dominance part. Religion is a part of a individual cultural or rather even existential identity where as other are not the same extent no where close at least. 

exactly this kind of narrative i am talking about, caste ni oppose chese vallu religion ki devine identity istaru for their political narrative

in fact caste contributed more culture than religion contributions. do you oppose on that statement?

even if you digg down to micro level, every caste has its own culture, brahmin has its own culture, maala maadiga lambada..etc has its own culture 

but if you call all of them are "same culture" then you are omitting all unique induvalities of  each caste cultures and trying to tag it as one and only one religion which reminds me UCC (unifrom civil code)

hope i conveyed my message

8 hours ago, socrates said:

exactly this kind of narrative i am talking about, caste ni oppose chese vallu religion ki devine identity istaru for their political narrative

in fact caste contributed more culture than religion contributions. do you oppose on that statement?

even if you digg down to micro level, every caste has its own culture, brahmin has its own culture, maala maadiga lambada..etc has its own culture 

but if you call all of them are "same culture" then you are omitting all unique induvalities of  each caste cultures and trying to tag it as one and only one religion which reminds me UCC (unifrom civil code)

hope i conveyed my message

This is dependent on how rigid you want castes to be, and how entrenched you want people to be and the role of religion.

Say, if someone Brahmin by birth had immigrated to west two generations back and was more or less assimilated into west took up a Western religion and life style, and his progeny were born and  bred in the west.  Does his son or daughter have anything in common with a typical Brahmin in India, except being a Brahmin by caste? This analogy applies to all castes not very specific to Brahmins.

I'd argue different castes across the nation all following same religion (regardless of whichever it is) will have more in common. Do you disagree? 

This proposition of mine only fails when rigidity is entrenched across religions systemically leaving little for individual mobility. Say, a madiga who is into tanning work does the same even after adopting Christianity,and will have more in common with a madiga who didn't adopt christianity. Provided, there is no mobility nor profit (not living) to be made then the culture and commonality will stick around. But, time changes these variables just as the example that I quoted above. Two or three generations down the line the tanner Madiga progeny who adopted Christianity will be different from the progeny of the tanner Madiga who didn't adopt christianity. It's likely that there will some convergence between Madigas progeny that adopted Christianity with a reddi and Reddi progeny who adopted Christianity.

Infact, this was how Christianity spread across the west and so did Islam. During conquests, Christianity erased most of the pagan faiths and internalized certain pagan customs creating a relatively uniform Christian society with church as the epicentre of power which associated itself with the monarchies.  Today you're far more likely to band a Brit, a German and Dutch guy together as European Christians leaving aside their cultural nuances. That's certainly true. They took shall find more common ground than say with a an Arab, or a Chinese person. 

9 hours ago, CanadianMalodu said:

Not necessarily. Caste is an Indian phenomenon. Within the castes, the political power was segregated into some castes and their representatives that hold the dominant status. This is not to be confused with Upper or lower. The dominant status comes from holding financial resources disproportionate to population and holding greater cultural sway over other caste population through mass media. This phenomenon in Indian context was imbibed through British raj, which is a manifestation of Lordships and bankers, and you see a more sophisticated version of it in the US. 

Now, dominant castes that held their own parties are regional parties Yadavs in UP, Jats in Punjab, Haryana, Kurmis in Bihar, Kunbi in Maharastra, Kammas and Reddies in Andhra and Telangana, Gowdas/Vokkaliga and Lingayaths in Karnataka, Thevars, Gounders in Tamilnadu and the list goes on. 

You will see that these castes are not necessarily upper in varna classification but hold the sway due to land holdings, presence in media and business. 

Decimation or toppling of such entities is underway as BJP is able to work through strategies to pull away their voting blocs. It worked in UP, it worked partially in Tamil Nadu, Karnataka and Andhra. Devegowda is now aligned with BJP , so is Baboru.  All these parties have strong inclination to move towards Congress as they were modelled after them, but BJP can hit where it hurts their supremos the most using ED, so they won't cross the line. The voters for these parties although from dominant castes from respective regions will likely choose BJP one because aside from religious identity BJP has a neo liberal pro business outlook which aligns with their communities business and /or financial interests. Two, the core identity of dominant status at the end of the day is tied to religion. Religious identity is probably second only to ethnic identity from a global perspective and will triumph anyday over caste alignment. BJP is also actively engaging the primarily voting blocs of OBCs bringing them into the leadership positions thereby threatening the pillars of most regional parties. This plus the two reasons will eventually make the battle between only BJP vs Marxists +Congress. That battle will be purely ideological with castes split across the spectrum. 

There is no Varna classification in south india,it's an indo-aryan concept.

In cow-belt, in most states ,rajputs/Kshatriyas like thakurs and even Brahmins hold the most power followed by farming groups.

Naa team oka developer kavali…naa caste odni teeskuntana lekapothe eligible candidate ni teeskuntana….

Casteuuu Kakarkayya ye responsibility leni bewarse gaalu satisfaction kosamm…

In reality you will prefer to bond with or seek help from eligible person.