Need guidance regarding tech transition

UdukuRaktham

Dear comrades,

As the title explains, I am looking for  guidance on changing my tech. I'm currently working as manual tester since 3 years. Had to get into this as I was in dire need of a job after my masters and due to few visa issues. Now after 3 years of working in QA, I lost all the motivation to improve my skill set and make a shift from this obsolete and boring job. I am stuck with doing same work. There is no opportunity to move to a programming role in my company as most of the team that I work with are eh4ead aunties and fingerprint local batch. I tried to speak to test engineer and also my manager to let me do automation testing atleast but they are not encouraging me as they think only I am the better and knowledgeable candidate in the team who can understand the requirements quickly and finish work on time. So, my only option is to move to a different company. Main problem is arising here. As I have been working as manual tester for the past 3+ years, I am unable to pick up a skill or crack the interviews. Forget cracking interviews, my profile is not even getting an initial screening. I am clueless on what to do. I have no one to talk to. All my friends say  having job in YouYes itself is a lucky these days so why I would want to change..my other relatives and cousins have already started treating me as a useless fellow as I am into manual testing even in 2019. I can understand them but I am not receiving any guidance or motivation from them which could help me make this transition.

So, I am posting here seeking help of my anonymous comrades who are doing IT jobs. I see no career in manual testing and also it will be tough in immigration pov also. I am interested in working on programming, test automation, aws, cloud, devops. Please guide me on what tools and programming skills I need to attain to make a tech shift? Especially having all my experience as manual tester, which role would be suitable for me? It would be great if you can suggest me a learning path and good resources to learn from. 

All this might look silly to you, but please understand I have no one to seek out help. I tried to mingle with software engineers at my company too but they feel I am in this job as I am passionate about it. I tried to talk to couple desi folks to thinking they would understand my situation but all they say is I have a friend who has a consulting company, he will help you or they say its tough now to change as you have acquired manual testing tag, I can't agree to that as I see many consulting folks switching technologies over night. But I don't want to get into consulting route and I want to crack a Full time job. I understand that its a big aspiration but I am not very comfortable in faking my experience and getting a job. 

Please guide me.

Thanks in advance :)

Dev lo fte easy if you have proper technical knowledge which you can get in like 6 months. After that try to do-some projects and put it on your resume. These projects will give you sime advantage over other applicants.

Me and many of my classmates got ftes right out of clg w/o any experience... with close to 8 months of proper studying.

1 hour ago, UdukuRaktham said:

Dear comrades,

As the title explains, I am looking for  guidance on changing my tech. I'm currently working as manual tester since 3 years. Had to get into this as I was in dire need of a job after my masters and due to few visa issues. Now after 3 years of working in QA, I lost all the motivation to improve my skill set and make a shift from this obsolete and boring job. I am stuck with doing same work. There is no opportunity to move to a programming role in my company as most of the team that I work with are eh4ead aunties and fingerprint local batch. I tried to speak to test engineer and also my manager to let me do automation testing atleast but they are not encouraging me as they think only I am the better and knowledgeable candidate in the team who can understand the requirements quickly and finish work on time. So, my only option is to move to a different company. Main problem is arising here. As I have been working as manual tester for the past 3+ years, I am unable to pick up a skill or crack the interviews. Forget cracking interviews, my profile is not even getting an initial screening. I am clueless on what to do. I have no one to talk to. All my friends say  having job in YouYes itself is a lucky these days so why I would want to change..my other relatives and cousins have already started treating me as a useless fellow as I am into manual testing even in 2019. I can understand them but I am not receiving any guidance or motivation from them which could help me make this transition.

So, I am posting here seeking help of my anonymous comrades who are doing IT jobs. I see no career in manual testing and also it will be tough in immigration pov also. I am interested in working on programming, test automation, aws, cloud, devops. Please guide me on what tools and programming skills I need to attain to make a tech shift? Especially having all my experience as manual tester, which role would be suitable for me? It would be great if you can suggest me a learning path and good resources to learn from. 

All this might look silly to you, but please understand I have no one to seek out help. I tried to mingle with software engineers at my company too but they feel I am in this job as I am passionate about it. I tried to talk to couple desi folks to thinking they would understand my situation but all they say is I have a friend who has a consulting company, he will help you or they say its tough now to change as you have acquired manual testing tag, I can't agree to that as I see many consulting folks switching technologies over night. But I don't want to get into consulting route and I want to crack a Full time job. I understand that its a big aspiration but I am not very comfortable in faking my experience and getting a job. 

Please guide me.

Thanks in advance :)

AWS also good but needs some hard work appatlo evaro mana DB athanu changed marchipoya n ame  tske some suggestionz from him

15 hours ago, Scada said:

Dev lo fte easy if you have proper technical knowledge which you can get in like 6 months. After that try to do-some projects and put it on your resume. These projects will give you sime advantage over other applicants.

Me and many of my classmates got ftes right out of clg w/o any experience... with close to 8 months of proper studying.

Can you list them out. It will be really helpful for me to have a learning path. 

14 hours ago, kidney said:

10th tharuvatha - MPC or BiPC select cheyyala la vundi vyavaharam..

IxhI-4.gif

ae field lo decide chesi cheppu, traininng tips db'ians isthharu

post chadivi unte telisedi. sync ayye gif image undi kada ani post veyakunda untunde it would have been better. :)

14 hours ago, fasak_vachadu said:

AWS also good but needs some hard work appatlo evaro mana DB athanu changed marchipoya n ame  tske some suggestionz from him

Thanks bro. I am ready to work hard. All I need is some guidance and can do it motivation. transition ayina member evaro please reply. It will be really helpful to learn from your experiences. :)

6 minutes ago, UdukuRaktham said:

Can you list them out. It will be really helpful for me to have a learning path. 

I followed java brains utube channel and done some dynamic coding. After that finished few crud applications on spring