Is a Tech MBA still worth it?

tennisluvrredux

Ninna friend tho discussion ayindi. 

He says tech MBA is still relevant, esp if you are trying to get into the top Tech/Fintech corporations. We are talking about a very select list of schools mostly in the top 15 like Sloan, Booth, Wharton, Kellogg etc. 

But based on what I discussed with some of my friends who have gone on to be Engineering directors in some of the FAANG/hot tech startups in the Bay Area, they said MBA is a total waste of time esp if you are trying to get into some of the top tech companies in the Bay Area but it might be helpful if you are getting into the Finance domain or the banking industry esp in areas like NYC etc. 

Mee opinion enti ee vishayam lo, DB youth cheppali. 

• Haha 1

Have a PhD degree in engineering and  for 10 years work at technical level. At some point get an MBA in corporate strategy or operations etc. 

most people go for traditional finance or management concentration. That’s big mistake 

If you can achieve all this by age 40.

Next 25 years lo full paisal minting mintingguuuu inkaa

Just now, veerigadu said:

Have a PhD degree in engineering and work  at-least for 10 years at technical level. At some point get an MBA in corporate strategy etc.

If you can achieve all this by age 40.

Next 25 years lo full paisal minting mintingguuuu inkaa

PhD avanni talkaku vayya jaragani panulu avi. Technical level ante that's a vast field, you could be at a directorial level or you could be an Engineer working on day to day troubleshooting it's hard to define technical under one umbrella. 

2 minutes ago, tennisluvrredux said:

PhD avanni talkaku vayya jaragani panulu avi. Technical level ante that's a vast field, you could be at a directorial level or you could be an Engineer working on day to day troubleshooting it's hard to define technical under one umbrella. 

Board of directors lo undali ante oka doctorate, oka 10 years hands on exp and one awesome MBA. Generations ni set chese level lo paisal mingocchuuu. Awesome life 

I wish somebody told me this during my early 20s. It’s too late for me 

2 minutes ago, veerigadu said:

Board of directors lo undali ante oka doctorate, oka 10 years hands on exp and one awesome MBA. Generations ni set chese level lo paisal mingocchuuu. Awesome life 

Better late than never

3 minutes ago, veerigadu said:

Nuvve ala ante ika nenem anali ushoo ushu, early 20s lo intha vision undadam kastam le some people have strong mentors manaki ala evvaru lekapaaye. 

13 minutes ago, tennisluvrredux said:

He says tech MBA is still relevant, esp if you are trying to get into the top Tech/Fintech corporations. We are talking about a very select list of schools mostly in the top 15 like Sloan, Booth, Wharton, Kellogg etc. 

But based on what I discussed with some of my friends who have gone on to be Engineering directors in some of the FAANG/hot tech startups in the Bay Area, they said MBA is a total waste of time esp if you are trying to get into some of the top tech companies in the Bay Area but it might be helpful if you are getting into the Finance domain or the banking industry esp in areas like NYC etc. 

If your company is sponsoring for your MBA go for it.

Education will never be a waste IMO

4 minutes ago, veerigadu said:

Plenty of CEOs and CTOs unnaru vayya with no PhD, what are you talking. They usually have MBA though

Just now, DalchanChekka said:

If your company is sponsoring for your MBA go for it.

Education will never be a waste IMO

Antha ganam sponsor evaru matram chesthar le vaa edo kastha amount re-imburse chestharu manam katte fees mundu adi elano jujubi. 

Loan teesukune kattukovala, ayina nenu chestha ani naaku nammakam ledu le vayya

Just now, tennisluvrredux said:

Nuvve ala ante ika nenem anali ushoo ushu, early 20s lo intha vision undadam kastam le some people have strong mentors manaki ala evvaru lekapaaye. 

we're all in this together ))(<

1 minute ago, tennisluvrredux said:

Naaku 9th class lo maa maths sir nuvvu IAS ki prepare avvara ani cheppindu... appatlo manaku conductor evado telusu kaani collector evado telvaka paye antha serious ga kuda teesuokapaye 🤣

3 minutes ago, tennisluvrredux said:

Antha ganam sponsor evaru matram chesthar le vaa edo kastha amount re-imburse chestharu manam katte fees mundu adi elano jujubi. 

Loan teesukune kattukovala, ayina nenu chestha ani naaku nammakam ledu le vayya

Do you have PMP?

1 minute ago, kasak said:

Naaku 9th class lo maa maths sir nuvvu IAS ki prepare avvara ani cheppindu... appatlo manaku conductor evado telusu kaani collector evado telvaka paye antha serious ga kuda teesuokapaye 🤣

telugu GIF

20 minutes ago, tennisluvrredux said:

:giggle:  90% of those in that level will say everything is waste.. not only desi..all races.

endukante nuvvu vallaki ekkada competition vastavo..

or vallakanna ekkuva ekkada sampadistavo ani....

if u have money and time, do it and move on....as simple as that...

cc: @Vaampire

• Haha 1