I94 situation — em cheyyalo cheppandi

cloud

Naa poe lo i got i94 until current petition even i have approved extended petition . Reason they dd not give that bcoz it starts in future date . 

i visited 3 cbp offices in person and all said the same . E roju laredo poi border cross chesa ,, vaalu kuda evvaledu . Em cheyyali cheppandi . I have 1 more month of i94 left as per i94 web site . 

Inko extension better aa ?? Maa attorney inkoti vedam antunnafu . Inko petition veste emanna problem avthada 

plz help .

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cloud

• Epic

• Ravi860

• areyentiraidhi

10 minutes ago, cloud said:

Naa poe lo i got i94 until current petition even i have approved extended petition . Reason they dd not give that bcoz it starts in future date . 

i visited 3 cbp offices in person and all said the same . E roju laredo poi border cross chesa ,, vaalu kuda evvaledu . Em cheyyali cheppandi . I have 1 more month of i94 left as per i94 web site . 

Inko extension better aa ?? Maa attorney inkoti vedam antunnafu . Inko petition veste emanna problem avthada 

plz help .

in that case...future petition date kick in ainappudu automatic daani i94 override avvada? or your POE visit will supercede? technically you went to stamping with old 797 although you have a new one whose i94 did not kick in yet.

9 minutes ago, areyentiraidhi said:

I guess your visa stamp also expires in one month. Why not go for stamping after 1 month with new extended petition you have with you. 

U mean when my new petition starts ? Visa dates levu kada bro and epdu malli india travel cheyyalenu . My qn is 27 july current petiton ends and online i94 kuda akkadi daaka echadu . So 28 july nunch nen us lo undocha undaraada 

8 minutes ago, Epic said:

in that case...future petition date kick in ainappudu automatic daani i94 override avvada? or your POE visit will supercede? technically you went to stamping with old 797 although you have a new one whose i94 did not kick in yet.

Thats what all cbp officers told me , even at border . My attorney view lo kotha i797 paina vachina i94 ni most recent entry lo vachina i94 supercede chestadani . Its totally a grey area .

my hr and law firm are looking forward to file another h1 petiton in prem processing . 

evaranna Naa situation encounter ina vaalu unnra where they had a future start petition

4 minutes ago, cloud said:

U mean when my new petition starts ? Visa dates levu kada bro and epdu malli india travel cheyyalenu . My qn is 27 july current petiton ends and online i94 kuda akkadi daaka echadu . So 28 july nunch nen us lo undocha undaraada 

july 27th night laredo peo cross chesi 28th morning vacheyi

5 minutes ago, cloud said:

Thats what all cbp officers told me , even at border . My attorney view lo kotha i797 paina vachina i94 ni most recent entry lo vachina i94 supercede chestadani . Its totally a grey area .

my hr and law firm are looking forward to file another h1 petiton in prem processing . 

evaranna Naa situation encounter ina vaalu unnra where they had a future start petition

I was in the same situation few years ago and cbp officer corrected it to new petition date over phone..

15 minutes ago, cloud said:

I would stay in the US. Few days after 27th, try contacting CBP officer and let them override.

Book Murthy for 20 min phone call and take legal opinion. They charge like $150. Atleast you get clarity and mental peace with accurate info.

You can also get cheap  consultation from immigration lawyer on phone call from avvo.com, less than $50 for 20 min call.

7 minutes ago, areyentiraidhi said:

I would stay in the US. Few days after 27th, try contacting CBP officer and let them override.

Book Murthy for 20 min phone call and take legal opinion. They charge like $150. Atleast you get clarity and mental peace with accurate info.

I am full time and working with my company law firm baiyya . Murthy gaadu cheppindi vinadu . A person who had same issue contacted murthy and they asked for travel to mexico or canada and come back .

9 minutes ago, areyentiraidhi said:

They only do corrections baiyya . Kothaga update chestaleru

6 minutes ago, cloud said:

Ae port of entry ? 

Few years back, I just googled nearest CBP office , called them .. they just asked me to send all docs (797 passport copy) to their email, within 1 day they corrected it. I just told them that officer at POE gave wrong date by mistake and needs to be corrected. No further questions asked.

Just now, cloud said:

They only do corrections baiyya . Kothaga update chestaleru

right just tell them that  there is mistake and don't give much details.

3 minutes ago, areyentiraidhi said:

right just tell them that  there is mistake and don't give much details.

Did that bro . They state i wont be out of status after i94 expiry as i94 on new petition which start day after online i94 covers me 

reply from cbp office

the “last action rule” doesn’t seem to fit this case, as the I-94 that USCIS issued you has a beginning validity date of July 28, 2022 . So, you were issued an I-94 from CBP valid until July 27, 2022, and  then your USCIS I-94 takes over.

Another cbp office replied this

So, your newest I-797 has a validity period from 07/28/2022 through 07/27/2025.  This newest I-797 form is not yet valid for any use.  CBP can not use this newest form until the date of 07/28/2022 has been reached.  Regardless of receiving this newest form early, it is still not valid for any use until the date indicated because your old I-797 still contains a valid period of time (This statement has been verified by Officers at USCIS since they are in the same building and I have asked). 

In your situation, as long as your passport is valid beyond 07/27/2025 you are able to use the newest form and the I-94 attached to the bottom left corner.  USCIS and CBP are the two agencies who can issue I-94’s.  You have a valid I-94 issued by USCIS in your possession.  The only way the system will update an I-94 record is by traveling and presenting an unexpired passport and valid I-797 form to an Officer at border crossing.  This is done to validate the new I-797 form.