motorcycle buying guide beginners.

kakatiya

1 hour ago, jobless said:

Z900rs Is an iconic bike. Retro bike on a modern platform.

Looks like it has some rough throttle response with factory tune due to emission regulations, which can be sorted by getting an aftermarket tune. I like the one in Kawasaki Green.

Used Vati meeda good deals kanpistayi apudapudu.

In new England I am not able to find rs vehicles with dealers.. 300 miles far.

3 hours ago, shaktimaan said:

yamaha v star 250

Never had a bike here and I like this style. I know it's underpowered and not for highway use

is this a good choice for mountain roads and steep roads, max speed 60 mph

any similar choices?

@AFDB_Director @kakatiya @jobless

Peddaga idea ledu bro but seems to be a good beginner motorcycle.

But you may grow out of it quickly and aa price lo used vi better bikes ostayeme like Rebel 500 or Enfield bikes which Kakatiya mentioned above. 

Here is what my suggestion is, if you are confident in your driving skillls then go ahead & buy whatever you like and that too a used one in market place or used dealerships (you save at least 4-5k). Why I am suggesting to go with the bike you like is you will outgrow it very quickly and regret why you bought it in first place. It happened to me and I traded harley 883 iron to street bob in an year(3k loss). Personally enfield and other 500cc bikes are too underpowered for riding in 50s and forget going on freeways. 

5 hours ago, jobless said:

Peddaga idea ledu bro but seems to be a good beginner motorcycle.

But you may grow out of it quickly and aa price lo used vi better bikes ostayeme like Rebel 500 or Enfield bikes which Kakatiya mentioned above. 

6 hours ago, kakatiya said:

Hinda rebel 500

Thanks!

top speed is not a requirement for me and decent torque to go up mountain roads is what I need 

I’ll see if I can find a used v star 250 and probably upgrade to Bolt R spec if needed 

9 hours ago, shaktimaan said:

Thanks!

top speed is not a requirement for me and decent torque to go up mountain roads is what I need 

I’ll see if I can find a used v star 250 and probably upgrade to Bolt R spec if needed 

Ya it's a carbureted bike with 15ft lbs torque bro. If that works for you then good bro. I feel it may be underpowered for mountain roads.

10 hours ago, shaktimaan said:

Thanks!

Bolt r spec is non-ABS. 

Don't get 250-300 CC bikes. Jobless chepinattu you will grow out of it very soon. Get 500+ with ABS. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, AFDB_Director said:

Bolt r spec is non-ABS. 

Don't get 250-300 CC bikes. Jobless chepinattu you will grow out of it very soon. Get 500+ with ABS. 

Abs is not available in many beginners bike.. cheapest is ninja 650 or z650 rs in my survey. Enfield and Chinese cfmoto