Ft VS kooli question.

rahul_arora

5 minutes ago, yemdoing said:

Employer contributes 14k just for insurance annually ? 

my last few companies contributed like $500 on avg for my insurance . And I would contribute like $600 or $700 from my side . 

not sure if you take ultra platinum insurance oka  where employer contributes more . 

Monthly na nuvvu cheppedi? 

12 hours ago, rahul_arora said:

Cheti lo 2 offers unnayi…

base pay: 170k no stocks. No bonus. VS kooli job ganta ki 83$ 

Per hour Dollar amount to total compensation ela calculate cheyyali.. experts please provide suggestions. 

FT - Peace of mind untundi. You cant put a number on it. Also Insurance, 401k and other benefits untai.

Consulting - Salary is double your billing rate so $166K. You can itemize some of your house as an expense while filing taxes. Also if you have an employer you can ask them to give some amount ($15-$20) as  "per diem" so that its not taxed. 

7 hours ago, yemdoing said:

Employer contributes 14k just for insurance annually ? 

my last few companies contributed like $500 on avg for my insurance . And I would contribute like $600 or $700 from my side . 

not sure if you take ultra platinum insurance oka  where employer contributes more . 

In CA, my employer (I am FT in a life sciences company) pays $1200-$1500 per month for Insurance.

21 hours ago, Konebhar6 said:

FT - Peace of mind untundi. You cant put a number on it. Also Insurance, 401k and other benefits untai.

Consulting - Salary is double your billing rate so $166K. You can itemize some of your house as an expense while filing taxes. Also if you have an employer you can ask them to give some amount ($15-$20) as  "per diem" so that its not taxed. 

What is per diem bro? 

1 hour ago, DJBravo said:

What is per diem bro? 

Back in 2006 when I was working for a consulting company, if my rate from vendor was 90, employer use to take 20%, so my billing in hand was 72. Out of this he used to pay $16/hr as per diem. Its for expenses. Its like cash and cannot be taxed. In essense i was taxed only on $56/hr meaning 112k/yr. 32k per yr was cash.

Per diem is typically used by companies to pay for expenses during business travel. I am not sure if I am confusing with another word, But I remember it as Per diem in my paycheck during consulting days.