Here are the Top 10 reasons why I am happy moving back to India:

kevinUsa

38 minutes ago, kevinUsa said:

Dear Friends - 

1. I miss my mom and I want to be with her all the time. Being without mom’s love and without her home cooked food has negatively affected my health for the last 9.5 years in America. 

2. It’s my birthplace and country of citizenship. As an Indian citizen, I am free to start my own company/venture, work in any field related to business, data science, or analytics consulting, or marketing. It’s easier for me to move up the ladder and switch to leadership positions than here in USA. On an H-1B visa, I can only work in a field related to my previous education. Plus I can stay forever and do not need to leave any time. 

3. Relatively Warmer weather in New Delhi and Mumbai. Chicago is traditionally a very cold city, with 8 months of cold weather. Yesterday, temperatures dropped to -22 degrees Celsius with a wind chill of -33 degrees Celsius. I’m happy that I’ll be escaping the worst of the cold weather in less than 1 week from today. 

4. The data science and Tech sector in India 🇮🇳 is booming. Data science and tech salaries and jobs in India 🇮🇳 are on the rise, and according to purchasing power parity (PPP) estimates, the salaries offered for roles I am currently interviewing for are well within the range of my expectations. 

5. Cheap House help in cooking, cleaning and laundry. This is a huge help when it comes to day to day living in India. 

6. In Chicago, for 6 years, I lived in a Studio apartment (1 room) to save money in downtown. I’m currently paying a rent of $1,794 per month which is way too high for a studio, even in Chicago. I’ll be happy to move back home to our 4-bedroom apartment in New Delhi which has all the facilities and is located in a prime, gated community in New Delhi. I even have a separate study room for my own usage. 

7. Pursuing my second M.S. in Computational Data Analytics at Georgia Tech, which is ranked in the top 10 schools in the World for Data Science, has been quite challenging to pursue along with a rigorous full time job as a Senior Data Scientist at Walgreens. This layoff probably happened at the best time for me as I believe that it’s Gods way if giving me some time off to take a work sabbatical for the next 1 year, focus on graduating, and then re enter the workforce refreshed and relaxed back home in India. 

8. I have been informed by a reputable law firm that I qualify for the EB-2 National Interest Waiver green card application. I am currently working on deep learning research applied to tornado 🌪️ forecasting which could be disruptive to the catastrophe modeling industry. I anticipate that this paper will be published within the next 1 year, after which I will be in a better position to apply for the EB-2 NIW. 

9. Living alone in America has not been healthy for me, and I have been diagnosed with some health issues and severe loneliness which I believe would improve if I spend the next few years back home in India with my mom and dad. After I solve these health issues in the next few years at home, I could return to America after I start a family of my own or get married, so that I don’t have to live alone here any more. 

10. Religious Connection - I feel more at peace and closer to god when I am in India because it is the birthplace of my religion Hinduism. I am

excited to visit the Ram Temple in Ayodhya, Swaminarayan Temple in New Delhi, Rishikesh, Haridwar, Tirupati etc as praying to God nourishes my soul and brings peace. 

It is for these reasons that I am happy to return back home to india 🇮🇳 next week. God is great, and I believe that whatever happened has been for the best. Thank you 🙏 all for reading. Jai Hind! God Bless America!

10ge ra babu

• Upvote 1

India pota antadu..malli masters undi complete cheyali antadu...

papam confused soul..em vagutunnado...

Doorapu kondalu nunupu... whether it is India or USA...the moment u land in India, all +ves will look negative...same with USA

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Spartan said:

India pota antadu..malli masters undi complete cheyali antadu...

papam confused soul..em vagutunnado...

Same feeling....

India velledi unte...

Y in talks with immigration law.firm. For gc

4 minutes ago, Vallavan said:

I moved back to India two years ago and its not a miracle cure to all issues and you still need to work on various things consistently.. but I am definitely 2-3 times happier in India than I was in the US.

Wife ni ela opinchav anna, kids set ayara, staying with parents or separate

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, kevinUsa said:

Dear Friends - 

1. I miss my mom and I want to be with her all the time. Being without mom’s love and without her home cooked food has negatively affected my health for the last 9.5 years in America. 

2. It’s my birthplace and country of citizenship. As an Indian citizen, I am free to start my own company/venture, work in any field related to business, data science, or analytics consulting, or marketing. It’s easier for me to move up the ladder and switch to leadership positions than here in USA. On an H-1B visa, I can only work in a field related to my previous education. Plus I can stay forever and do not need to leave any time. 

3. Relatively Warmer weather in New Delhi and Mumbai. Chicago is traditionally a very cold city, with 8 months of cold weather. Yesterday, temperatures dropped to -22 degrees Celsius with a wind chill of -33 degrees Celsius. I’m happy that I’ll be escaping the worst of the cold weather in less than 1 week from today. 

4. The data science and Tech sector in India 🇮🇳 is booming. Data science and tech salaries and jobs in India 🇮🇳 are on the rise, and according to purchasing power parity (PPP) estimates, the salaries offered for roles I am currently interviewing for are well within the range of my expectations. 

5. Cheap House help in cooking, cleaning and laundry. This is a huge help when it comes to day to day living in India. 

6. In Chicago, for 6 years, I lived in a Studio apartment (1 room) to save money in downtown. I’m currently paying a rent of $1,794 per month which is way too high for a studio, even in Chicago. I’ll be happy to move back home to our 4-bedroom apartment in New Delhi which has all the facilities and is located in a prime, gated community in New Delhi. I even have a separate study room for my own usage. 

7. Pursuing my second M.S. in Computational Data Analytics at Georgia Tech, which is ranked in the top 10 schools in the World for Data Science, has been quite challenging to pursue along with a rigorous full time job as a Senior Data Scientist at Walgreens. This layoff probably happened at the best time for me as I believe that it’s Gods way if giving me some time off to take a work sabbatical for the next 1 year, focus on graduating, and then re enter the workforce refreshed and relaxed back home in India. 

8. I have been informed by a reputable law firm that I qualify for the EB-2 National Interest Waiver green card application. I am currently working on deep learning research applied to tornado 🌪️ forecasting which could be disruptive to the catastrophe modeling industry. I anticipate that this paper will be published within the next 1 year, after which I will be in a better position to apply for the EB-2 NIW. 

9. Living alone in America has not been healthy for me, and I have been diagnosed with some health issues and severe loneliness which I believe would improve if I spend the next few years back home in India with my mom and dad. After I solve these health issues in the next few years at home, I could return to America after I start a family of my own or get married, so that I don’t have to live alone here any more. 

10. Religious Connection - I feel more at peace and closer to god when I am in India because it is the birthplace of my religion Hinduism. I am

excited to visit the Ram Temple in Ayodhya, Swaminarayan Temple in New Delhi, Rishikesh, Haridwar, Tirupati etc as praying to God nourishes my soul and brings peace. 

It is for these reasons that I am happy to return back home to india 🇮🇳 next week. God is great, and I believe that whatever happened has been for the best. Thank you 🙏 all for reading. Jai Hind! God Bless America!

No.1 reason why he/she returned back is they could not adjust or able to get a good job in US and earn their means. These are all the reasons they give back to people in india when they return.

• Upvote 2

I was going through your several posts in this group..first of all ..learn to respect the country which has given you so many things in life..you stayed here you earned money...Respect America..as you are going back to India that doesn't mean you have to disrespect this country by mentioning baseless things ..Yes you can move back to your birth country it's your wish..one question.. why didn't you move back to India when you had job in USA??simply because you were getting money..You have been waived off..Your 2 months window is also very near by..you didn't get any other job ..So you have no other options..Tell this truth..

Yes Delhi ,Mumbai are good cities to stay and work..But is not good as per as the pollution parameters are concerned..Chicago has extreme weather conditions..it's nothing new..why didn't you move to some where else in usa?didn't you think before that you should move to Florida as the weather is not so extreme over there??

Again..you are again thinking for applying EB2 NIW for getting a GC and come back to america...really what a ridiculous person you are...You are mentioning the bad sides of America again you are talking to the lawyers to get a GC under EB2 niw??are you in your sense??consult with a psychiatrist soon after moving to India..good luck

• Upvote 1

Chirag Subramanian: I know you personally, so I wanted to suggest that you don’t have to justify people on social media or more importantly yourself .

Your post suggests to me that you are being hard on yourself to accept the reality and looking for pointers 

You had chance and you grabbed it with both hands moved to the USA , made your loved ones and yourself proud and you got another chance this time to be back in a new India after 10 years , so it’s going to be a great journey too. 

Just breathe easy and start it . 

All the best.

• Like 1