How to convince parents to settle in US

Poll_Rangadu

Me and Sibling live in US. We both are USC.Kids going to elementary and Middle school. I am asking parents to settle here in US with us. They are like no dady listen. In return they are asking us to come back to India and settle. 

Ikkada vallu unapudu i see them very happy with their community friends and they have more events , pooja’s per week. But once they go back , they complain they dont like it here and cannot live in us.

I am only son , taking care of my parents is my responsibility. how to convince parents to come and live with us. 

1 minute ago, Spartan said:

ikkada unnapudu kuda same feeling but..

meeru badha padtaremo ani ..happy ga undataniki try chestaru...

they cannot leave home country anna...let them live in India..and you make multiple trips there and make provision for their smooth  living

anta kanna ekkuva em cheyalem

Thanks brother. I am unable to leave them just like that in india. They live far away from my relatives due to my father's bank job. Sometimes, I get up in the midnight thinking about their safety. I have been going through sleep less nights worry about my parents. They both are 65+ 

1 minute ago, Poll_Rangadu said:

Thanks brother. I am unable to leave them just like that in india. They live far away from my relatives due to my father's bank job. Sometimes, I get up in the midnight thinking about their safety. I have been going through sleep less nights worry about my parents. They both are 65+ 

happens...mainly when you are the only son...

vallki ikkada pilipinchi ibbandi pette badalu..you shud visit them frequently..

e age lo travel will be cumbersome,,even if you book Business-class

US vellam, ani cheppukotaniki tappa...vere enthusiasm emi undadu vallaki e vayasu lo

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Poll_Rangadu said:

This is the story for many of us. Same with my parents, they don't want to come here. So I am travelling frequently (whenever time permits, twice a year) .. 

Last trip I spend 1 month completely with them. Also since I went alone, I was able to spend all time with them. I took them on a Relatives trip (Moms relatives/friends who she did not meet for a long time). I took them to some places they wanted to see. Enjoyed food/tea/snacks and having good conversations. I haven't seen them that happy. First time my mom did not cry when I left. I call them frequently (4+ times a week).

I would not force them to get out of their comfort at this age. I am still worried but the situation is what it is. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Let them be where they are happy. Year ki okka 2-3 months vallani ikkadiki rammanu. Meeru kooda yearly 1-2 times india vellandi.  
ikkada unnapudu vallu happy ga unnaru ani nuvvu anukuntunnav. May be its not true. 

basic ikkada unnapudu parents ki freedom miss avuthadi. India lo vallu evari meedha dependent kaaru. Eppudu em cheyyali antey adhi chestharu. Ikkada aithey kids meedha depend avutharu. No matter how much kids take care, that dependent feeling is not going to go away

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, Poll_Rangadu said:

Me and Sibling live in US. We both are USC.Kids going to elementary and Middle school. I am asking parents to settle here in US with us. They are like no dady listen. In return they are asking us to come back to India and settle. 

Ikkada vallu unapudu i see them very happy with their community friends and they have more events , pooja’s per week. But once they go back , they complain they dont like it here and cannot live in us.

I am only son , taking care of my parents is my responsibility. how to convince parents to come and live with us. 

At this age, let them do they they want. Let them live peacefully where they really belong.

my parents don’t even want to live in Hyderabad as they want to go back to my village even after living in Hyderabad for 25+ years. 

It’s a torture for them honestly. Imagine you go to different country and can’t drive or handle the language. Few days ok but after that it feels like a prison. Ma parents vunna 3 months happy vuntaru because it’s for limited time. Extend ante no way antaru especially dad. Return vellaka they are very happy to meet all the people 

1 hour ago, Poll_Rangadu said:

If you can’t go back to India and they can’t come to USA then be prepared for any news. We are all in the same middle age crisis now. Inka em cheyalem just spend more time with them. 

US lo manake undalani anipinchadu affer living for decades. Mechanical life and money money nothing is here. Parents ki ela nachutadi. They need our land and people. You can not buy same environment with crores. Let them live in india and you also go when they can’t manage. 

• Upvote 1

nanny charges save cheyyatam kosam vallani ibbandi pettadam deniki bro...let them stay with their near and dear

3 hours ago, Poll_Rangadu said:

No daddy listens when they are selfish 

4 hours ago, Poll_Rangadu said:

They are better off in India than forcing them to live in US. Don't make them feel depressed at this age.