Match over: Sania-Sohrab tie ends(Evaranaa try cheyyandi mari, alasinchina....)

ramcharms

[img]http://www.greatandhra.com/newsimages/saniawed1264643570.JPG[/img]

Bangalore/Hyderabad: Sania Mirza hasn’t had the best of starts to the 2010 season — on and off court. A broken service game is one thing, but a broken engagement is quite another.

Earlier in the week, the 23-year-old’s father Imran, who coaches Sania and manages her career, called off his daughter’s engagement to Mohammed Sohrab Mirza. Sania was formally engaged to fellow Hyderabadi, now studying business in the UK and whose family owns the popular food joint Universal Bakers, in July 2009.

Sania refused to get into the why and what of the matter, but confirmed her engagement was off. “We were friends for five years, but found ourselves incompatible during our engagement period. I wish Sohrab the best in life,’’ she said.

Sohrab’s father Adil Mirza also said that it has been called off with mutual consent. “We agreed to it for the children’s happiness,” he told media.

Even before the two got formally engaged, there were doubts over whether the highflying Sania’s match with Sohrab would last for long. Sania, who has been struggling with the mixed match for the past couple of months, hasn’t taken the break-up well. As it stands, Sania will have to turn her focus to the courts, even where she hasn’t fared well. She flies out to Kuala Lumpur late on Friday, where she leads India’s challenge in the Fed Cup Asia Oceania Group II competition, starting February 2.

The draw for the Asia-Oceania Group II competition is scheduled for Jan. 31. The eight participating countries — Hong Kong, India, Kyrgyzstan, Kuwait, Malaysia , Philippines, Singapore and Syria — will be split into two pools. The winners of the two pools will clash in a play-off on Feb. 6 that will decide which nation is promoted to Group I. She said, “Obviously we’re looking to progress, but it isn’t easy. It’s a physically demanding competition, where you are playing more than one match in a day and playing everyday. I’m looking forward to getting out there and playing for my country.’’

Meeeloo evarannnaa try cheyyandi, aalasinchinna aasaa bangam.

Vaayinchee vallu ready  avvandi mari [img]http://www.andhrawatch.com/images/stories/afbrahmigifs/5.gif[/img]