bringing cheaper labor from India

Simple123

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/tech-layoffs-doubled-bay-area-171634414.html

Read comments section .

• goodg4u2 6 minutes ago

I remember back then in the mid to late 90s, Any computer related fields (Software/Hardware Engineer, Programmer, Network Administrator, Database Administrator) Contractor got double or even triple the full time salary. Today, Contractor don't get paid as much as it used to be. And rampant layoffs getting worst as they outsource the jobs to INDIA. Even the H1B Visa holders from INDIA are still employed. I don't know what is so special about those Indian Engineers? Some of them are good, but the majority I know are worst .. they cannot think outside the box and the language barrier. They can only do something as they get the material provided to them. And the funny thing is those H1B Visa workers here bring their wives and those wives can work here as well. OMG. It's such a freeloader !

More
  • C
    Conrad 11 minutes ago

I've been a long time (31 years) city LTL freight driver for a major trucking company in Dallas Tx. I began my career at 20 in 1985 and in my job go to many businesses everyday. This replacing American workers with foreign has been going on a very long time- since 1987 when I really saw businesses laying off complete shifts and replacing with foreign workforces. Wondered back then how long it would continue and now since its making its way up food chain has it gotten really noticed by the public.

More
  • R
    RIPlet them eat koch 46 minutes ago

When is the media going to report that the tech companies are bringing cheaper labor from India?

More
    Expand Replies (7) Reply
  • C
    cmjg 28 minutes ago

Layoffs while applications from the government for more H1B visas are increasing. Techs in this country need to organize and get a union to represent them. They're getting no where representing themselves. The government isn't doing anything to keep jobs here, so it's time for people to get aggressive in all businesses and get representation. I worked in an office under an office and professional employees union and we stopped a lot of unfair practices the company tried to pull. Its worth the dues because not many people can afford a lawyer to fight against big companies.

More

Squeeks 5 minutes ago

H1-B visa holders are a scourge. American tech workers are fired. They're replaced by H1-B visa holders who are placed by outsource placement firms who hire them as contractors, so they earn starvation wages, along with no benefits.

In effect, it is importing the third world to America. I know of some from India, 8 of them, sharing a two-bedroom apartment because that's all they can afford. This has to stop.

Expand Replies (1) Reply
eliachen 12 minutes ago

There are no shortages of H1 visa holders coming in . Our system is so anti American employees.

More
Expand Replies (1) Reply

10 hours ago, libraguy863 said:

veediki enti anta prob? mana flat lo 10 member vuntam mana istam . .vallaki enduku , fkin racist fkrs 

vaadi intention, mana vallu ala undadam valla monthly expenses takkuva avuthunnayi..pay takkuva unna compromise avuthunnaru..tellollu mari antha mandi undadu kada..so they cant compromise on pay...mana vallu ilantivi cheyadam valla indirect ga vallaku paduthundi ani vaadi baadha....

india lo ayina untra avayya 10 members in 2 bedroom...entha nasty ga untaro....i hate it personaly oka 5 members antay ok ...but 10 is horrible....we came across thank god....