Sorry, it’s not for sale, says teen to $30 mn bidder

JANASENA

Taylor Rosenthal. Photo: Special Arrangement

Fourteen-year old thinks up vending machine that will pop out first aid kits.

A precocious 14-year-old schoolboy from the U.S. State of Alabama turned down a $ 30 million buyout offer from a national healthcare company for his invention — vending machines that dispense first aid kits.

Taylor Rosenthal came up with the idea of creating vending machines that dispense pre-packaged first aid kits to deal with cuts, blisters and sun burns after watching his friends fall over at baseball games.

“Every time I’d travel for a baseball tournament in Alabama, I’d notice that kids would get hurt and parents couldn’t find a band aid. I wanted to solve that,” Rosenthal told U.S. television. The teenager, who launched his start-up RecMed last year, was made a $ 30 million (Rs. 200 crore) offer by a “large national healthcare company”, but he declined to accept it.

Angel investments
He has already raised $100,000 in angel investments and his machines would go for $5,500 each. They will sell first aid kits and supplies like plasters, rubber gloves and gauze pads for $4 to $11. Rosenthal said he was open to advertising on the machines and hopes to deliver them to amusement parks, beaches and stadiums.

Six Flags theme park in the U.S. has already put in an order for 100 machines. Initially the youngster pitched the idea of first aid pop-ups for a school project. A few months later, the young CEO had his own patent.