In-Person Interview - PowerBuilder enduku?

PhillyDotNetGuy

Guys,

Naaku .Net meeda face 2 face interview undi. Client is using Oracle database. and also PowerBuilder.

Nenu pure .Net developer ni with SQL Server database....

I'm getting confused why they are using PowerBuilder....I saw some youtube videos....Looks like "dataWindow" create chesi Oracle database access chestaru...

Am I right? throw some light please.......!

1 hour ago, PhillyDotNetGuy said:

Guys,

Naaku .Net meeda face 2 face interview undi. Client is using Oracle database. and also PowerBuilder.

Nenu pure .Net developer ni with SQL Server database....

I'm getting confused why they are using PowerBuilder....I saw some youtube videos....Looks like "dataWindow" create chesi Oracle database access chestaru...

Am I right? throw some light please.......!

I Think they might be integrating oracle database Using Power Builder as it is easier to pull the data.

LTT for experts

PowerBuilder is a Sybase product which is outdated I think they stopped pushing updates since last 5 years but it was very active technology in 2000 it's like a Windows application/wpf framework

If it's just for understanding u can manage  

If they are looking for development it may be tough for you.

Code us similar to our JavaScript u can easily understand. Data windows are like kind of a stored procedure bound to that window and it displays all data(think of it like a SSRs report format)